RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:31:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | The Gym Diary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print
Author Topic: The Gym Diary  (Read 217631 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2014, 07:32:24 AM »

Haven't checked in here in a while, but I've kept up the same routine I wrote about a few times already. Actually will be running a 5K on May 10 in addition to the one I do in June. Looking forward to it.

Very much enjoying doing my walking/running outdoors when possible.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2014, 10:54:24 PM »

I'd gotten pretty lax in my walking over the brutal winter. Back into now that it's tolerable outside.

I did get some weights to toss around while I'm otherwise non-active. They've helped in keeping me toned-ish.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2014, 06:40:18 PM »

I started running and cycling recently, to get in better shape. Mostly cycling though, because of the risk of injury with too much running. I run once a week, if that. I try to get on the bike 2-3 times a week.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »

Ran in the Dora Pederson Memorial 5K in Newton, New Jersey this morning.

Came in second in my age group and 25th overall with a 22:49. I am very happy with that.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2014, 11:54:33 AM »

^ Very nice time. My 5K PR is 25:42 according to Strava. Which isn't bad, considering I started running 3 months ago.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »

Thanks Sirgin!

That reminded me I didn't post about another 5K I ran two weeks ago, the Chief's Challenge in my current town of Hopatcong NJ.

Here I am at about the halfway point:

Here I am motoring towards the finish line:

And here I am crossing the finish line with my time of 23:30

Finished 13th overall (out of about 220 participants) and third in my age group. You'll notice the time I got is almost a minute worse than that last 5K I ran, but that one was on a flat highway where as the Chief's Challenge is hilly as hell, so I'm really happy with this time.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2014, 06:11:05 PM »

Just think of how much time you could have shaved off if you hadn't been show-boating for the photographer. Wink Nice job, sir. Makes me want to sign up for one of the runs out here again. Unfortunately, I have put on almost 100 pounds since getting married, so it would take some work to get back in shape. ha ha

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2014, 02:13:04 AM »

Went on my first hike since my ankle became arthritic. With the aid of a hiking pole, I managed two miles on some lightly hilly ground. Felt pretty good about going that far after six months off the trails, even though it took me almost twice as long as before.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2014, 12:14:38 AM »

Signed up for a biggest loser type competition at work so I could hopefully win some prizes while I try to get in shape enough to keep up with my rapidly growing children. Started out at 231 back in July, got down to 209 at my first weigh-in last month. I weigh in again on the 16th, but since I haven't been exercising at all, I doubt diet enough will put me below 200 again this time. I need to get my speed bike out and get a few trips in while I can since the snow has already started here in Denver.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2014, 01:37:23 AM »

Weighed in at 197.2 on the 16th for a total of 34 pounds lost in two months. Sadly, once again just from diet alone (really need to make an effort to exercise more, maybe I could cheat a little on the diet if I did)...I really must have been eating a lot more than I thought to have gained so much over the last couple years but also to be able to drop it so fast as well. Once this competition is over, I will definitely be eating a lot of what I miss and going to buffets again, but probably cutting back on all the soda and Kool-Aid I had been consuming prior to my entering the competition.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2014, 01:15:49 PM »

Boshamp, I'm happy for you, but do you think you might be better off sticking with a healthy diet after the contest is over?

What you wrote kind of looks like "I haven't had a cigarette in three weeks. I can't wait until the month is over so I light up a pack a day again!"

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »

I wouldn't say I eat unhealthily, but I eat a lot. I have a good diet of all different types of foods and love veggies and "Health" foods, but my real problem is that I stopped exercising. I used to ride my bike to and from college 3 days a week, in addition to being an amateur MMA fighter/boxer. I used to eat between 10-12,000 calories a day, and never went over 160...but then I got married, stopped fighting and stopped riding. I have been steadily gaining weight over the past 7 years and once I hit 240 and realized my 4 year old had more energy than I could keep up with, I decided to diet. Since I am no longer able to exercise as I used to, all I can do is eat a little less than normal once I get down to a normal size. My metabolism will hopefully do what it should in digesting it all well...at least until my kids move out. Smiley

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2014, 09:30:28 PM »

My ankle has calmed down enough where I'm able to hike again. Which is good, 'cuz I'm dangerously close to 280. I've been doing a certain 2.5-mile route every other day for the last two weeks, and plan to move it up to a full 3-mile route by the start of next week. The grade's moderately steep, and on reasonably smooth ground. Other than that, it was pretty awesome hitting the trails again after several months away. Just gotta pace myself, which I think I'm doing quite well.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2014, 10:06:13 AM »

I haven't run outside in months, but today it's about 45 degrees and sunny out, and I'm already warmed up from my first (and fucking last) leaf-raking of the season. I think I'm going to go for it!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »

I haven't run outside in months, but today it's about 45 degrees and sunny out, and I'm already warmed up from my first (and fucking last) leaf-raking of the season. I think I'm going to go for it!

DO IT! Rake those leaves like there's no tomorrow!

In my neck of the woods, it's sunny with nary a cloud in the sky. Temps expected to be in the mid sixties. Combine that with a day off, and it's a great day to get my flabby self on the hikin' trails. Though I should probably mow the lawn first...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length