RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Single-player action games...only get them from the bargain bin? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Single-player action games...only get them from the bargain bin?  (Read 5363 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 11:29:28 AM »

What about Mirror's Edge or Dead Space? Those are pretty innovative and have stories.
He was talking about downloadable titles, the games you mention are both non-downloadable so you'll have to come up with something else to proove him wrong. Wink
I was not thinking Sad

Braid is the best example I can think of. However that's only 1 title among hundreds out there as DLC.
Braid's a good example. But I'd say flOw, Flower, Pixeljunk Eden, World of Goo, Noby Noby Boy, and Everyday Shooter as well.

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 03:10:44 PM »

I forgot about Geometry Wars 1 & 2! Also Cloning Clyde is a very fun and underrated game. Cool

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »

I'm having a hard time understanding why I would pay €60 (or sometimes even €70) for any game.

I agree with that kinda. I cant spend 50+ on a new game but a CIB Atari 2600 game no problem.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2009, 02:30:20 AM »

I'm having a hard time understanding why I would pay €60 (or sometimes even €70) for any game.

I agree with that kinda. I cant spend 50+ on a new game but a CIB Atari 2600 game no problem.
What's the difference? I guarantee you'll get less play out of the 2600 game.

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2009, 08:19:21 AM »

What's the difference? I guarantee you'll get less play out of the 2600 game.
I agree with Tondog. 2600 games really can't hold my attention for long. Maybe it's because I'm too young to fully appreciate them, but I can't imagine playing Combat or Asteroids for 50+ hours.

What I mean with my original statement is that I'd rather buy a last-gen game for €10-20 than a new game for €50-70, when I get just as much enjoyment out of the last-gen game.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »

Because in most cases the Atari game I buy for 50 I can resell for 50. New games you buy for 50 you are lucky to get 20 for them. It is all because I know that new 60 dollar game will be 15 within a year and I have plenty of other stuff I can play.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length