RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:58:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I have a dead 360..... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: I have a dead 360.....  (Read 9436 times)
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« on: March 24, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »

....any ideas what i can use it for other than as a paperweight or door-stop?
ItellYaHuat
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:27:18 PM »

Perhaps a bookend, coaster, table leg support, or better yet a PC Tower in disguise? Lol, seriously though how did that happen?
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 12:40:51 AM »

Send it back to Microsoft. They replace it if you have a warranty.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 01:09:23 AM »

My friend found someone on Craigslist to fix his. Cost him $20 and about a half-hour, but it works like a charm now.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 01:22:10 AM »

I bought it from the pawn shop i work at and several months later it went red ring on me. I called microsoft and was informed that it was registered under different name; the previous owner i assume. Because of that, the warranty for that console was void.
They offered to fix my console for $100. I declined and found another. A newer version sans faulty processor at discount plus i was able to take home while i made payments.
I've been through red ring before with another system; my first one. I sent that one in, got it back (refurbished with jammed power button...so lame). Then it was stolen in a break in. Given what I been through, I needed another 360 ASAP.
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 01:25:16 AM »

My friend found someone on Craigslist to fix his. Cost him $20 and about a half-hour, but it works like a charm now.

Hmmm, I think there might be a specialty store that could fix it but i don't know considering I had an electronics guy from work look at it....with no luck in reviving it. Thanks for the idea.
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 01:54:31 AM »

Hmmm, I think there might be a specialty store that could fix it but i don't know considering I had an electronics guy from work look at it....with no luck in reviving it. Thanks for the idea.

There is a fairly straight forward procedure that can be done if it's red ring, one I doubt your electronics guy knows. If it's literally dead and won't turn on, that's another issue all together.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 08:42:07 AM »

My 360 red-ringed back in November. They got it back to me within 3 weeks. I followed the directions on xbox.com and they first sent me the packing box with shipping label. Then I sent it back to them all packed up. During the process you can track it's status and then get the tracking number to follow up on when it's on it's way back. Good luck. Cool

@froggin', I don't know what to tell you if it won't even turn on. I'd bite the bullet and pay MS to fix it since you don't have warranty. Undecided

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 10:11:48 AM »

If there are any video game stores in the area they might be abelt o fix it.
One of the places near me has a kid who fixes most systems from 2600-360

froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »

@froggin', I don't know what to tell you if it won't even turn on. I'd bite the bullet and pay MS to fix it since you don't have warranty. Undecided

It red ringed. I didn't mean to mislead when i put 'dead'. To me it's dead but it does turn on so I'll look into fixing it and mak some of my money back.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »

Worst comes to worst, sell it to game stop. You'll get about $40 for it, but that's better than a paper weight.

Then buy a PS3.

BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 08:34:26 PM »

I'm telling you. People on Craigslist specialize in red rings. It would be easy and cheap. If it doesn't work, go form there. There's no reason to spend all that money on a new system when you may be able to easily fix the one that you have. It also doesn't pay to sell the system cheap to someone who'll just fix it and resell it for a huge profit.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:38:51 PM by Bad Enough Dude » Logged

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tan
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »

Worst comes to worst, sell it to game stop. You'll get about $40 for it, but that's better than a paper weight.

Then buy a PS3.

Why would he sell his paperweight then turn around and buy another one? Wink
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 11:52:42 PM »

I already bought another one. This happened months ago and i'm just sick of looking at the broken one since it does nothing more than mock me.
anyways, if i can get it fixed cheap, i could sell it via ad in the local paper. i can totally make a profit and get those patches for fallout 3 and GTA4 or something. thanks guys.
ItellYaHuat
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 12:34:55 AM »

Why would he sell his paperweight then turn around and buy another one? Wink

Lol, so true.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length