RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:58:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Fixing Regions - Report wrong regions here 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Fixing Regions - Report wrong regions here  (Read 131760 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 08:47:48 AM »

The game was submitted as Region Free because there are no differences between the Sega Genesis and Sega Mega Drive versions, including packaging and media, irregardless of the fact that it doesn't fit in the Japanese Mega Drive. There's no region lockout preventing the game from working in either system, and considering that everything is identical in both regions, it was determined it should go under Region Free.

We'll be merging them, as well as Super Off Road (and some of the other Accolade titles).

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »

I understand your point for this game, but not for the super off road, and others Accolade titles (like Bubsy, etc).

The Super Off road was repacked with stickers indicating the MegaDrive  and also multi-language manual.

I have other Accolade titles and they all have european cover and also cartridge with european label, so i believe it's not the best option to make all region free, because they are different...

Many games in europe are repacked versions of US versions(especially the EA sport games), and some from the Japanese version (like the first version of dragon ball that was released with an adaptor), i think it's not correct to put in region free just because they can work on both systems.

Even so, i think it's better to have two variations for this game, it's cleanner and less confusing, despite this are the same game that was distributed both in europe and US.

It's not an valid argument, but in several websites it's mentioned two variation, and not one region free...

@Shadow Kisuragi  You are the boss, so last word is yours!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 09:54:41 AM »

Super Off Road being repacked with things makes sense for a separate variation, as do the others.

Just about every game released these days is repackaged and region-free, media wise, but we don't classify them as such because of the packaging. We try to do our best when it comes to this, and I wasn't planning on blindly changing all of the Accolade/Ballistic releases just because one was the same. We do our research first before changing things, and it was more of a reminder to look at the rest in case they needed to be switched.

Despite it being "cleaner", it doesn't make it any less true that the game is a true Regionfree entry, even down to the packaging. Is it the same EXACT game, packaging, and manual, and retailed in another Region? It's Regionfree, at least according to our System - it doesn't allow for specifying multiple Regions. If anything were different, such as with Sonic the Hedgehog SMS where the only difference is a sticker over the UPC for US retail, I would classify them differently.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »

Agree with shadow.
As he points out though each game would need to be reviewed on a case by case basis
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 01:15:45 PM »

As said before, i understand the option for making this game region free, and I perfectly accept it. Just would like to see 2 distint variations, but it's not a problem at all to have the region free.

I believe this could apply most to cardbox games that need to be checked, because the majority that i know cames with european box, or have other kind of repack. This could be an exception case.

My variation released in europe is equal to US variation, no sticker indicating pal system and no multilanguage manual, like super off road, both also came with cardbox that's not usual on europe.
I'm aware that later 1991 this game cames with a sticker (SPECIAL PRICE) to let know that it's only compatible with megadrive/genesis made before 1991, due to TMSS introduction on newer systems (ACCOLADE was not licensed by SEGA at that time).
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 04:04:24 AM »

I can't select the USA in the region list. The US ratings are also missing
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 07:17:28 AM »

The US is at the bottom of the list of countries. You can also pick North Ametica (Regionwide) if sold in Mexico and Canada too. These should be available to you. Everyone can submit games for any country.

US ratings will only show up if you've picked US or North America
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 12:06:48 PM »

Yeah it was not there. I looked through it a hundred times top to bottom and North America or USA was not listed So I dunno if my Odin Sphere PS4 was submitted or not
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2016, 12:11:41 PM »

Ryudo, you selected Australia as your country. Therefore, it locks you to Europe and Australia for your choices for countries to choose from, since those are in the "Europe" region. You would need to de-select Australia so you can choose from ALL regions/countries. By default, no countries/regions are selected.

Yes, it's in the queue but it's set to Australia. I'll get it set properly for you.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »

Yeah I didn't even select a country unless I hit Aussie by accident. Thank you. Sorry if it was a bother.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 01:50:38 PM »

Not a problem. The country/region selection is probably the most confusing part of the submission form. It's on the top of my list of things to change when we modify it.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2016, 12:44:54 AM »

Thank you. When it's up a thank you ahead of time
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2016, 06:22:04 AM »

The following entries have Australia + New Zealand as their regions.  Please change to "Australia (regionwide)".

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=A-075-S-00130-A
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=A-087-S-00550-A
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:08:23 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 09:46:03 AM »

The part number and images would suggest this Ouya should be Europe region not region free:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=W-213-H-00010-A

Also, the controller in the database has NA in the part number. Presumably it should be North American region not region free (I guess there's also a Europe controller):

http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=W-213-H-00020-A

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:50:40 AM by Schlibby » Logged
kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 03:20:36 AM »

those ouya pics are all mine. i actually kickstarted the stupid thing, but they failed to get me the kickstarter version and sent those two late instead. part#, upc and s/n are all from stickers slapped onto the boxes.

don't know much about voltage, but it did come with a power cable that's standard for europe. that at least would indicate the box's contents vary to some degree for different regions.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length