RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:38:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 181971 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2012, 10:34:43 PM »

I should really look into fixing most of our searches and at least make them standardized. The non-staff search does a lazy match for edits on countries (e.g. Europe (Regionwide) includes UK-only) while the staff search does a strict match (e.g. Europe (Regionwide) only matches Europe (Regionwide).

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »

I should really look into fixing most of our searches and at least make them standardized. The non-staff search does a lazy match for edits on countries (e.g. Europe (Regionwide) includes UK-only) while the staff search does a strict match (e.g. Europe (Regionwide) only matches Europe (Regionwide).

Please, please don't remove the option to search for ALL Euro games, whether they are marked as regionwide or country-specific. I constantly use the non-staff DB search to get a complete listing of all European PS1 games, regionwide and otherwise.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »

Never said I'd remove the ability - I'd just fix it so they would behave similarly. I'd still have the ability for the strict search vs. lazy search.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2012, 10:26:29 AM »

One of my favorite features of the site is the 'pick a random game from your collection/wishlist/whatever' button. Any chance the app could get this?

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »

One of my favorite features of the site is the 'pick a random game from your collection/wishlist/whatever' button. Any chance the app could get this?

I can't say I'm familiar with that feature! Where is that located on the site?

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »

I can't say I'm familiar with that feature! Where is that located on the site?

That's under Tools -> Tools -> Random Game

I've added a screenshot.

* randomgame.PNG (10.85 KB, 736x162 - viewed 409 times.)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »

Grue,
Contact me with what hooks you want/need immediately and I'll start setting up an API page for use next week (hopefully).

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2012, 02:52:07 AM »

That's cool Shadow, I'll just be using the local database on the phone for this. No API required yet.

I took the next week off from work, hopefully I should be able to find some time to get the next update done before the new year.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2012, 08:28:15 PM »

it still crashes when ever I try to load up my Extras folder. its set as public, doesn't count as part of my collection and has 0 in all game spots... its for all my boxes and books I have for games I dont own... I would be nice if I could see them in the app. 

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2012, 02:30:11 AM »

it still crashes when ever I try to load up my Extras folder. its set as public, doesn't count as part of my collection and has 0 in all game spots... its for all my boxes and books I have for games I dont own... I would be nice if I could see them in the app. 

I'm going to bet it's that Super Mario Bros. 3 that just has blank spaces for quantities, I didn't know that was possible. Could you try editing it so that there are numbers in those fields and re-syncing the folder?

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »

Pushed an update to take care of the username casing bug, and moved the Logout button to the screen instead of hiding it behind the Menu key... Though hopefully now, fewer people ever need to use it. I'll do the random game thing next.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2013, 12:16:58 PM »

I'll do the random game thing next.

You are the man, Grue.  Also, you weren't joking about the capitalization in the username doing strange things.  Mine only showed things on my wishlist.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2013, 04:34:14 PM »

So that's why it didn't show my entire collection on my first Nexus. I guess I used the right capitalization on my second Nexus.

InsouciantSoul
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »

Can there be some sort of advanced search? Or Filtered search? When I search Pac-Man, a huge list comes up, and its hard to find the particular one I'm looking for. If I could filter the search for console, country, or even better search the ID as I can on the site (NES-PQ-USA).
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2013, 06:42:25 PM »

Can there be some sort of advanced search? Or Filtered search? When I search Pac-Man, a huge list comes up, and its hard to find the particular one I'm looking for. If I could filter the search for console, country, or even better search the ID as I can on the site (NES-PQ-USA).

The ID search should be the same as the Bar Code Scanner, so I don't see it being a problem. Grue's the only one working on the app though in his free time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length