RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:32:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 181045 times)
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2018, 06:00:29 AM »

@bickman2k

It's been a while, since last update, and I was wondering if there are any news planned for the APP this new year.

PS: @mumboking -> Late update, but it's working fine here, and didn't had any error.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »

So, I need to fix the text encoding issue (black diamond with ?) for certain text.

I have one feature that I would like to add, but I'm going to hold off on any announcements at this time. I also think that if I can get one of the features, the other one in mind may fall in to place as well.

One other thing I would like to get working is integrating the Google Play Services option to use a barcode scanner instead of relying on a third party application to do so.

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »

I did try the barcode today and it didn't work. Added them the same old way instead.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2018, 09:23:24 AM »

I did try the barcode today and it didn't work. Added them the same old way instead.

I tested a few and they worked.  the ones with a space between and 2 barcodes I cant get to work

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2018, 01:28:03 PM »

I tested a few and they worked.  the ones with a space between and 2 barcodes I cant get to work

Can you send me a couple of examples?

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »

Can you send me a couple of examples?

ok so they seem to be finding them ok now, I updated my barcode scanner software.  but I have a barcode reader for my PC and it cant find any game from gamecube when I choose the RFG ID option it scans like this : 722674021456 and does not want to scan the 00100 bar code

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »

Still no luck for me. I even reinstalled the scanner so it should be the latest version. And I am doing a standard code on the PS4 game I just got. There is a slight chance we don't have the game in the  yet I will look now.

Edit: We didn't for this region so I added it. But it didn't work with the original Xbox game either I tried and it was a different kind of code. The kind where the first and last number are separate from the rest and have a bar code line dividing them from the body. The PS4 game is the one with all the numbers together and not divided by a barcode line.

It could have to do with differences in phone cameras. But my phone isn't that old (2016) so it has a decent one.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:54:18 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2018, 09:19:57 AM »

Still no luck for me. I even reinstalled the scanner so it should be the latest version. And I am doing a standard code on the PS4 game I just got. There is a slight chance we don't have the game in the  yet I will look now.

Edit: We didn't for this region so I added it. But it didn't work with the original Xbox game either I tried and it was a different kind of code. The kind where the first and last number are separate from the rest and have a bar code line dividing them from the body. The PS4 game is the one with all the numbers together and not divided by a barcode line.

It could have to do with differences in phone cameras. But my phone isn't that old (2016) so it has a decent one.
Make sure the game has the upc added, there is a lot of games that don't have it. And if it's not there the scan has nothing to go on

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #218 on: October 21, 2018, 05:55:22 PM »

I have added about 10  with the scanner this month so it works for me now! And indeed a few didn't get found so I will work on getting those added and such. One of those was the Bloodborne game from the Middle East I already addressed.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:57:23 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »

It's just me or it's not possible anymore to check the images on the app?? Just white screen...

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2019, 08:39:45 PM »

It's just me or it's not possible anymore to check the images on the app?? Just white screen...
Huh, same here. I wonder what broke it...
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2019, 01:06:25 PM »

I can confirm, this is broke for me too.

Android 8.0.0 (patch level 1/1/19)

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2019, 01:11:16 PM »

Weird. I'll see what I can find on that.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2019, 02:00:26 PM »

Total shot in the dark, but maybe this?

http://www.rfgeneration.c...=8881.msg262351#msg262351

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #224 on: February 04, 2019, 03:08:37 PM »

Some of the ones I checked were for Switch games, so I don't think that would apply, but possible.

Also, just a heads up, after moving and being swamped with a huge work project for months now, I'm finally going to be able to make some time to be able to do some more development with this. Part of the fun will come with attempting to modernize the code and add a couple of features, but also cleaning up some deprecated functions to help use modern Android API calls and remove legacy code out.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length