RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:37:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | NFL Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: NFL Talk  (Read 84537 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« on: March 19, 2012, 01:44:48 PM »

Back from the past! Talk about the NFL.

How far will Peyton Manning and the Broncos be able to go next year? Playoffs? Super Bowl?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »

Maybe the playoffs.

I'm more interested in the Chiefs building up an offense this year. I have to give them credit for playing hard nosed defense that just got better and better with each week.

Steelers win the Super Bowl though, that's my prediction every year. Cheesy

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 09:25:15 AM »

Still can't believe Peyton went to the Broncos...any idea what the Broncos might get as an offer for Tebow?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »

I think the Broncos get better, but really are only a playoff team, not a contender for the title.  I can't believe Peyton didn't go to the 49ers with the spectacular defense and running game that they have.  Seemed like a perfect fit if he wanted to win a Super Bowl quickly.  However, it has more to do with control issues. Harbaugh, while a player's coach, is THE coach of the 49ers.  Peyton controls teams and makes his own decisions at the line.  I think Peyton's move has less to do with being on a championship contender, and more with his ego.  Being from Carolina, I can tell you that John Fox is a good defensive coach, but a supreme dumbass when it comes to offense.  Peyton definitely saw an opportunity to become is own offensive coordinator.

As far as Tebow, he can basically go anywhere to help boost a teams merchandising.  Let's just hope he stays the hell away from Chicago.  Go Bears!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »

Tebow won't go to Chicago, that's for sure - you guys have a decent QB. I see him going back to Jacksonville, or Miami. He's a Florida boy at heart, and Jacksonville is really hurting on ticket sales. It's also right near his stomping grounds in Gainesville. Miami, on the other hand, honored him when the Broncos visited! WTF! They still need a QB, and they've been known to run the Wildcat, so he'd fit in well enough... I just don't see the Dolphins president being that stupid, though.

EDIT: Can't find the appropriate scene, but I see Tebow fitting into the Futurama scene where Leela gets sent in as the first female pitcher.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:58:50 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »

Yeah, I was just joking about Tebow going to Chicago.  They have Cutler and two good backups in Campbell and McCown, so there is not reason to go after him.  I'm a bit surprised that Denver isn't keeping him to sit behind Manning and learn, but I guess if things start to go south for Manning they don't want to put up with the "Tebow" chants.  I agree with the Jacksonville move; they can't get any worse.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »

It's easy to see why Peyton picked the Broncos and not the 49ers or Titans. 49ers are an NFC team, which would mean he could kick the Giants out of the playoffs (or vice versa). Clearly he doesn't want to deny his brother a chance to get to the Super Bowl. Going to the Titans would be very rude towards the Colts. The least he can do for the team that made him who he is, is to stay out of that devision. See Favre to Vikings and how much Green Bay liked that.

Plus, after running the option with Tebow the Broncos need an entirely new scheme anyway, which means Peyton can do his own thing.

If you look at it like that, it makes perfect sense.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 07:58:32 PM »

I'm with you both, honestly. Peyton went to Denver because he could control the offense and basically be his own coach (John Fox is a pushover), and not have to deal with his brother in the NFC. Although, you can be certain he'd love to meet up with his brother in the Super Bowl, just to prove something. Grin

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »

Yep, to prove that Eli is the better Manning.  I think Peyton is done.  He was always slightly over rated, greatest winning quarterback in the regular season and gets bounced in the first round in the playoffs every season.

Go Seahawks.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »

Yeah! Go Seahawks! Take that you non-Seahawks people!
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 08:34:05 PM »

I thought they were going to use Matt Flynn as QB. What happened? Or did he not go there.?
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »

WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS?

DEY BE DEM CHIEFS!

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 12:35:58 PM »

I thought they were going to use Matt Flynn as QB. What happened? Or did he not go there.?

He's there, they just decided to go with Russell Wilson. According to my sources, um wiki, Flynn signed a three-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks worth $19.5 million, with $10 million guaranteed and Wilson signed a four-year, $2.99 million contract. So the starting QB is making a bit less than the backup.

I was hoping someone with better info would answer this as I haven't had much of a chance to seriously follow the NFL this season.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 03:26:17 PM »

What replacement refs get us:

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 03:39:14 PM »

Russell Wilson won the starting job over Flynn because the coach thought he was more talented and ready than Flynn. It was one of the pre-season shockers.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length