RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:45:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The Games That Get Away. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Games That Get Away.  (Read 1456 times)
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: March 28, 2012, 01:03:33 AM »

I try not to order anything online unless I have to or see a really good deal.  I watch a lot of Mark from ClassicGameRoom on youtube and hes always talking about Truxton for the Genesis.  I've found this game three times now.  First one I bought, dead cart.  The second time I found it I pointed it out to my buddy and he says "DIBS".  I was a little irritated after that one.  Then it happened.  Rummaging through a box at a local comic store i find it.  Mint condition.  SEALED IN BOX.  Immediately take it to the counter.  The old lady behind the counter says "Oh sorry honey, I can't sell that to you because it doesn't have a price on it.  I would ask but my husband won't be in until Tuesday."  I left fairly angry, but she was like 80 so I wasn't too mad.  So I come back Tuesday after work. They sold it.........on Monday.  I give up.

You guys ever have any games that aren't necessarily rare but you just can't ever seem to track down? 
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »

I have a few games like this. Mystic Heroes, for instance... every time I find a copy, the case is empty. I've come across 5 different copies now.

I've also had quite a few games I've come across where the manual is always missing, and I've made it a habit to only pick up CIB items unless I get a good deal on it. I can't come up with the names, but they're usually SMS games.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:51:47 PM »

I just lost a $10 Genesis lot that had the system, 2 controllers, a couple games I don't care about, and Contra Hard Corps despite the fact the seller guaranteed it was mine.

Oh well. I went to work and drowned my sorrow by buying some PSP games.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »

Super Metroid.  That game has been eluding me for nearly 4 years of actively searching flea markets for it.

I used to have the same problem with Super Mario 64, but ever since I found a copy about a year or two ago, I've been finding numerous copies.
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 05:00:36 PM »

Yea I know how you feel there.  I'll finally get what I'm looking for and then see one pop up on craigslist the day I buy it.  I'm having a problem finding Majora's Mask with the standard label.  I see the collector's edition everywhere. haha
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »

I have yet to find the standard label well, but at least it is uncommon.  Super Metroid went Players Choice.  Cry
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 08:36:48 PM »

Two playstation games have eluded me.  In the Hunt and Beyond the Beyond for PS1.  I know I can buy them anywhere online, but I want to find them in the wild.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 10:33:20 AM »

I saw a Saturn lot on craigslist for $100 that had something like 27 complete games along with the system, a few controllers, arcade stick and a few other items.  One of the games was a pristine complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga.  I emailed the guy, but i must have been too late because I never got a response and the post was gone a few hours later. 

The next day I saw a similar post minus Panzer Dragoon Saga.  I contacted the seller.  He had bought the lot for PDS and was selling everything else for what he bought the lot for.  Free Panzer Dragoon Saga.  POR QUE!!!!!

Another friend of mine who got a free Panzer Dragoon Sage (I know, WTF, right?) is a little broke right now and offering to sell it to me for a good price.  I wonder what I should offer him for it...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length