RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:30:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 294 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1049891 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3615 on: May 28, 2014, 11:49:19 AM »

I finished the book Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell and watched the movie right after that. Really enjoyed it, though from the perspective of having read the book already I can't imagine how difficult it would be to follow if you only watch the movie. It's very complex with six completely separate stories and characters that are connected only in subtle ways for the most part. I still think it was amazing and worth a try, but be prepared to think a lot, it's one of those movies that requires focus or you'll get lost really fast.

I just started watching that last night. My girlfriend wasn't quite into it, mostly because the audio on the version I have isn't so great, so we ended up switching to A Clockwork Orange (o.0) but I'm going to have to go back and finish Cloud Atlas.

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3616 on: May 28, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »

I finished the book Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell and watched the movie right after that. Really enjoyed it, though from the perspective of having read the book already I can't imagine how difficult it would be to follow if you only watch the movie. It's very complex with six completely separate stories and characters that are connected only in subtle ways for the most part. I still think it was amazing and worth a try, but be prepared to think a lot, it's one of those movies that requires focus or you'll get lost really fast.

I just started watching that last night. My girlfriend wasn't quite into it, mostly because the audio on the version I have isn't so great, so we ended up switching to A Clockwork Orange (o.0) but I'm going to have to go back and finish Cloud Atlas.

that's too bad, i was watching it on the blu-ray and it looked + sounded amazing
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3617 on: May 29, 2014, 07:20:08 PM »

The Warriors Ultimate Director's Cut

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3618 on: June 01, 2014, 12:10:00 PM »

Finally finished all 10 seasons of Mythbusters.

Also watched last month:
How I Live Now - decent but not at all what i was hoping for.

The Running Man - haven't seen it in ages.

The Ninth Gate - Better than i was expecting

Apartment 1303 - not as terrible as i was expecting

Texas Chainsaw - nothing special

House Hunting - pretty cool concept. Better than i was expecting

StarShip Troopers: Invasion - Decent

Planet Hulk - I liked it. Hulk always as Hulk and being able to carry conversations is strange to me though.

Hulk vs. Thor / Hulk vs. Wolverine - Enjoyed both of them. Maybe Hulk vs Thor a bit more since Hulk was wrecking shop in other realms and pissing off the gods.

Iron Man: Rise of Technovore - art style put me off a bit at first. But pretty good.

Ultimate Avengers - seen it before.

Ultimate Avengers 2 seen it before

Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United - i liked the banter between the two of them.

Terms and Conditions May Apply - You have no privacy on the internet anywhere ever and willingly give up everything all the time. Kinda sucks. Also YAAAY NSA please don't come kick down my door over some misunderstanding! love you guys Cheesy

Thor: Tales of Asgard - Thor and Loki as teens. Also had fantastic bantering.

Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers - Thor and Loki as old guys. Loki has finally bested Thor but still isn't happy. Lots of back story and whining about why he is how he is.

Doctor Strange - Seen it before.

Machete Kills - completely ridiculous and full of over the top violence and blood sprays and death scenes. Fantastic.

Avalon - pretty cool. People play an illegal VR game in the future but lines of reality end up getting pretty blurred.

Beowulf (2007) - animated. Tons of big names. Pretty good certainly not the same story i remember from high school

Saints and Soldiers - fantastic WWII story. Follows a few characters for a couple days. Few US troops escape a firing squad meet up with a Brit and help him deliver his gathered intelligence.

Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed - Had actually watched this one first. Also excellent. Few US troops aid French resistance while trying to find their platoons.

Aeon Flux - meh

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3619 on: June 02, 2014, 08:09:47 PM »

Toy Story

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3620 on: June 02, 2014, 10:00:30 PM »

The Dictator - was much better than expected. The only other movie of his i have seen was Borat. Which i remember thinking parts of were funny but on the whole did not enjoy.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3621 on: June 10, 2014, 10:58:27 PM »

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3622 on: June 10, 2014, 11:45:41 PM »

Catching up on Samurai Jack for me tonight

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3623 on: June 11, 2014, 11:15:30 PM »

Watching King of the Hill tonight. "Death Picks Cotton" I had never seen this episode before, but had to share a quote:

Cotton: "Hank, all this dyin's got me to thinkin', I mights not live forever. And there's certain things I'd like done once I pass."

Hank: "But dad, you're not gonna die, ever again."

Cotton: "I want you to cut off my head, and mail it to the Japanese emperor...put a couple of worms in my mouth to scare that sumbitch"

Ha ha ha. Cotton was an awesomely written character. King of the Hill might be my favorite of all the animated TV series of our time.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3624 on: June 22, 2014, 06:45:19 PM »

World War Z: Unrated - Decent. Been quite some time since i read WWZ but this seemed rather different....

Forgotten Planet: Abandoned America - Abandoned towns, cities, military establishments. Also gave cool back story. Detroit made the list Wink

Inside Combat Rescue: Season 1: "Visions of War" - Only watched this first ep. Show is good. 99% sure their siren yells "Leroy Jenkins"

Red State - Deep south religious crazy cult crosses toes with the law/gov. Didn't know it was a Kevin Smith flick until i finished it. Was pretty surprised at that.

Hitler's Secret Attack on America - He torpedoed the shit out of the entire east coast and inlets.

God Bless America - Guy has terrible life. Decides before dying he is going to do his best to rid the US of all that ails it. Starting with popculture TV garbage.

Super - Really liked this one. Guy from The Office/Juno loses his wife to drugs. Decides to become a superhero.

National Geographic: Most Amazing Moments - collection of OMG moments from several categories. Natures wrath, animal attacks on people animal attacks on animals, etc

Escape from Tomorrow - Absolute rubbish

The Final Countdown - I first heard about this 5 or so years ago. Was WAY better than i had expected considering it was an 80s movie.

Nova: 3D Spies of WWII - They used airplanes to snap pics from 2 cameras at slightly different angles and then used special glasses to make those images 3d. Pretty bad ass.

Nova: Bombing Hitler's Dams - This operation was briefly mentioned in the above show. They bombed a dam at night in pitch black from stupid low altitude with a brand new type of special bomb that spun backwards so it would skip across the water and rest at the foot of the damn then explode once it sunk to a specific depth. Also bad ass.

Interview with a Hitman - Life story of a hitman from Europe. Doesn't end well for him.

Pain & Gain - Pretty good at keeping the momentum through the whole flick. I think this was the best role i have ever seen The Rock play.

Superheroes - Followed real life superheroes. Some of them were really warped (well i guess all of them were at least a little warped) but pretty much all of them seemed to accomplish good stuff.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3625 on: June 23, 2014, 12:01:53 AM »

I watched a Kevin Smith special on Epix called "Kevin Smith: Burn in Hell" a few months back and he talks about Red State. It was a movie he had wanted to do for DECADES, but nobody would give him the time of day because "Nobody wants to see a movie THAT dark."

In the special, he said he presented the movie idea in the same way he always did when approaching a distributor, and she didn't even read the script, but approved it. He had to ask her..."I have been promoting this idea for decades and nobody has ever taken the chance, yet, you approved it without a thought, why?" She replied, "You have worked with Bruce Willis in a successful film, (Cop Out), what more do I need to know about you? If you have the experience and leadership to work with and achieve success with someone that talented, that is all I need to know."

Smith hated the idea of directing Cop Out because he didn't write it, but went with it because it was a chance to work with Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan and a chance to basically be free from criticism. His sentiment was that if it failed, he didn't write it, so he wasn't responsible. For something he didn't want to be involved in to open the door for something he worked so hard for, and so long for, was something he became a little emotional about in the special.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3626 on: June 24, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »

^I love watching Smith's stuff.  His TV show, Comic Book Men, is filmed about 15-20 minutes away from where I live.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3627 on: June 25, 2014, 07:24:40 PM »

Some random movie on Sci-Fi while I do my Visual Basic schoolwork.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3628 on: June 25, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »

2000 posts for you!

I am watching a new show on Cartoon Network called Clarence. I would highly recommend it.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3629 on: June 25, 2014, 08:07:52 PM »

I'm now hooked on the Miscarriages of Justice documentary series, which primarily features people wrongly imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit, and what they went through to regain their freedom. You know, a more upbeat alternative to all those air crash shows I've burnt out on.

Admittedly, several of the falsely-convicted subjects had at least some history of petty criminal activity, so their backgrounds didn't do them any favors at trial. None the less, I'm even less inclined to trust authority than I already do.

In case you're curious, here's the episode on Marty Tankleff, accused of murdering his parents in his late teens:

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 294 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length