RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:27:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 294 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1050385 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3630 on: June 25, 2014, 11:03:14 PM »

The Philadelphia Experiment - I liked The Final Countdown better. But this was still decent.

Birdmen: The Original Dream of Flight - Wingsuits actually got their start ~80 years ago. Crazy. Pretty interesting history & fantastic visuals.

Forgotten Planet: Season 1: "Namibia/Bodie"    
Forgotten Planet: Season 1: "Hashima/Gray"    
Forgotten Planet: Season 1: "Chile/Detroit"    
Forgotten Planet: Season 1: "Salton Sea/Weston"    
Forgotten Planet: Season 1: "Balestrino/Hunters Point"
Forgotten Planet: Season 1: "Pripyat/Picher"

Nature: Cracking the Koala Code - Fell asleep 15-20 minutes in. All i remember is koala babies are called joeys and they stop drinking milk and start eating poop so they can digest leaves.

Phantom - Awesome movie about the USSR sub that was taken over by KGB fanaticals and tried to nuke the US

National Geographic Lost Subs Disaster at Sea - will fall asleep to. Guess i'll watch it again later.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3631 on: June 27, 2014, 12:16:18 AM »

Watched the first episode of TMNT's newer cartoon series. Not as bad as I thought it would be actually.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3632 on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:17 AM »

I have been watching it with my son since it started back up on Nickelodeon. They are doing a wonderful job, it is a throwback to the 80's cartoon, but nickelodeon made it clear this was what they want to replace Spongebob in the 2-11 year old audience. Wink

My favorite surprise was seeing Rob Paulsen in the cast, but instead of playing Raphael as he did in the 1987 original, he voices Donatello. They also do flashbacks to the original characters throughout the seasons, (all voiced by the original voice actors). You may also recognize some of the other voices you hear as you watch as they are very well known voice actors in many other cartoons and video games over the years; Seth Green (Leo in season 3 on), Jason Biggs (Leo for the first 2 seasons), Sean Astin (Raph), Greg Cipes (Mikey), Nolan North (Kraang), Kevin Michael Richardson (Shredder), and Rosanne Barr (Kraang Prime) to name a few of the talented individuals involved in the revival of my favorite show of all time.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3633 on: June 27, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »

Dude that cast sounds awesome lol. One of the guys has to be from Tiny Toons he sounds so familiar.  Aweomse to know they do the flashbacks too! I was gonna keep watching but now I'll move it up the list. 2 seasons to catch up on now heh
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:11:29 AM by h1ghw1nd » Logged
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3634 on: June 27, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »

If you subscribe to Pay tv and get Nickelodeon within your package, you will have access to all the episodes on demand, otherwise, there are plenty of other slightly more difficult to access viewing options. Wink I'll bet the person you are likely thinking of is Rob Paulsen, that dude has been in everything I loved growing up from the original GI Joe, Sonic, He did Yakko and Pinky from Animaniacs, Most all of the Turtles cartoons, Samurai Jack, Darkwing Duck, Powerpuff girls, the Tick, and even Biker Mice from Mars. It wouldn't surprise me if he did Tiny Toons as well as hundreds of other stuff.

EDIT: I just looked him up while I had the time, He did do many voices on that show. The ones that jumped out at me were Porky Pig and Fowlmouth (the tiny toon version of Foghorn Leghorn)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:06:36 PM by Boshamp » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3635 on: June 27, 2014, 03:45:42 PM »

Also watching the new TMNT. Started watching last year and got hooked.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3636 on: June 27, 2014, 04:00:52 PM »

For OatBob and a few others here:

I've been watching a lot of Touhou and DDR-inspired music videos as of late. Missing rhythm games in the arcade again, and seriously considering getting a beat-up DDR machine or hacking up a homebrew one.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3637 on: June 27, 2014, 04:09:12 PM »

Or, how about this I saw the other day (Skip to 2:53 for Bad Apple, or watch the whole thing):
http://www.youtube.com/wa...ailpage&v=MWdG413nNkI

seriously considering getting a beat-up DDR machine or hacking up a homebrew one.
Try StepMania if you go the homebrew route. Some arcade games are based on this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StepMania
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:19:35 PM by mumboking » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3638 on: June 27, 2014, 05:47:03 PM »

Bad Apple, amazingly, is used as a tech demo a lot. The shadow techniques that they use in it have been used as a tech demo on the 8088 demo here (which is pretty damn cool), as well as on the Sega Genesis and other consoles. It's a fantastic way to strain the hardware in all various, unique ways. Here - another video of Bad Apple, this time on an arcade machine that was released in 2011 (I think). It's a variation of Beatmania that seems to incorporate concepts of DJ Hero. Pretty cool to watch:

As for StepMania, it's an option, but I'd rather just go the PS2 route. I don't have PC pads.

EDIT: Also, just because it's awesome, Nyan Cat on Sound Voltex:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:14:53 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3639 on: June 27, 2014, 08:40:04 PM »

The Philadelphia Experiment - I liked The Final Countdown better. But this was still decent.

Birdmen: The Original Dream of Flight - Wingsuits actually got their start ~80 years ago. Crazy. Pretty interesting history & fantastic visuals.

Nature: Cracking the Koala Code - Fell asleep 15-20 minutes in. All i remember is koala babies are called joeys and they stop drinking milk and start eating poop so they can digest leaves.

Phantom - Awesome movie about the USSR sub that was taken over by KGB fanaticals and tried to nuke the US

National Geographic Lost Subs Disaster at Sea - will fall asleep to. Guess i'll watch it again later.

Now, those are some shows I'd totally be diggin'! Thanks much for listing those.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3640 on: June 28, 2014, 08:30:27 PM »

National Geographic Lost Subs Disaster at Sea - will fall asleep to. Guess i'll watch it again later.

Now, those are some shows I'd totally be diggin'! Thanks much for listing those.

There was another series/special about abandoned cities/towns also. I think i mentioned it previously.
Pretty sure multiple series/eps on Netflix about disasters of all types. Natural, man made, air, land, sea Wink Sometimes they "suggestions" you get after watching a show can yield good results Cheesy

The Returned - They made a movie about Zombrex from DeadRising. Not really though... Was actually pretty good. Early on i thought i knew exactly how it was going to end. I wasn't too far off base but just enough that i was still able to be surprised.

Also watched a couple more eps of Inside Combat Rescue.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3641 on: June 29, 2014, 01:33:45 AM »

John Carpenter's The Fog

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3642 on: June 29, 2014, 10:48:45 AM »

I've been watching some Egyptian documentaries. Found a couple cool ones that mix another interest of mine - underwater cities. They were able to map out an entire port city that disappeared long ago. Another found Cleopatra's beach/vacation home.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3643 on: June 30, 2014, 12:30:42 PM »

Epic Movie - (2007) - C-
--> Stupid, but some laughs.

De Gelukkige Huisvrouw - (2010) - A
--> Great movie about a woman who has a baby and gets a post-natal depression.

Intouchables - (2011) - B+
--> Feelgoodmovie about a rich guy in a wheelchair and his unusual aide.

The Rebound - (2009) - C+
--> An bad script and fairly odd acting. There are much better romcoms than this.

Invincible - (2006) - C
--> Local guy becomes football hero. Too many clichés to be enjoyable.

What Katy Did - (1999) - B-
--> Always have a bit of a soft spot for period films. I missed too much of the beginning of this one (more like the first 45 minutes) to say much about it.

Adam's Rib - (1949) - B
--> Another movie starring Hepburn. Always enjoy watching one of these golden age movies. Some of the scenes in it would be simply unimaginable today. Not so much because of the content, but the sheer length of the dialogue would drive today's audiences to their smartphones en masse.

The Godfather Part 3 - (1990) - B+ / A-
--> Great movie. I don't see the big deal about Sofia Copola's casting. I think it's mostly a case of diehard "fans" being annoyed by anything and everything. Just as you get with whenever something new Star Wars comes out, there's always people who think it's the worst thing ever.

Star Trek - (2009) - B+
--> Awesome movie. Never cared much for Star Trek but really enjoyed this movie. Obviously it was made for me. Just as with Godfather 3 ^ I'm sure there's a whole horde of Star Trek fans who hate this movie. But I liked it a lot.

Saturday Night Fever - (1977) - C
--> I guess this is a classic, but I didn't find it interesting in the slightest. The story is slow, there's hardly a story at all. John Travolta and his friends are mostly stupid characters. The girl is a bit of a whiny tart. The dancing is cool, I guess?

Grease - (1978) - B
--> Way better than Saturday Night Fever. The characters are funnier/sillier. The songs are fun, the dancing is just as good. One thing that annoys me is that all the "teenagers" look like they're 25-30 years old. When I went to highschool, the kids sure didn't look like that. Also hilarious is how Sandy is made WAY uglier at the end of the movie in the skimpy clothes are ugly hairdo.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - (2012) - A
--> Because I already knew the critiques/weakness of this movie (super drawn out story, much appendices stuff added that has little to do with the actual book, blatant fanservice, etc...), I watched it accordingly. Holy shit I had a blast, lol! Sure, if you were expecting a faithful translation of the book, I can see why you'd be dissapointed. But already knowing what this movie is and isn't, I enjoyed it more than any movie I've seen since The Kite Runner. My only critique would be that the hobbit hole scene lasts just a bit too long (ok, way too long) but after they've set off, it's awesome all the way. Can't wait to pick up the second and third part when they drop down in price as well.

EDIT; Pretty sure my Hobbit DVD wasn't the 48fps that this movie originally used but regular 24fps. I do have a mock-up of the trailer in 48fps on my computer and thought that the clarity was great. The people who claim it ruined the movie are the same people who thought sound or color ruined movies as well.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:38:29 PM by Sirgin » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3644 on: July 02, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »

Epic Movie - (2007) - C-
--> Stupid, but some laughs.

De Gelukkige Huisvrouw - (2010) - A
--> Great movie about a woman who has a baby and gets a post-natal depression.

Intouchables - (2011) - B+
--> Feelgoodmovie about a rich guy in a wheelchair and his unusual aide.

The Rebound - (2009) - C+
--> An bad script and fairly odd acting. There are much better romcoms than this.

Invincible - (2006) - C
--> Local guy becomes football hero. Too many clichés to be enjoyable.

What Katy Did - (1999) - B-
--> Always have a bit of a soft spot for period films. I missed too much of the beginning of this one (more like the first 45 minutes) to say much about it.

Adam's Rib - (1949) - B
--> Another movie starring Hepburn. Always enjoy watching one of these golden age movies. Some of the scenes in it would be simply unimaginable today. Not so much because of the content, but the sheer length of the dialogue would drive today's audiences to their smartphones en masse.

The Godfather Part 3 - (1990) - B+ / A-
--> Great movie. I don't see the big deal about Sofia Copola's casting. I think it's mostly a case of diehard "fans" being annoyed by anything and everything. Just as you get with whenever something new Star Wars comes out, there's always people who think it's the worst thing ever.

Star Trek - (2009) - B+
--> Awesome movie. Never cared much for Star Trek but really enjoyed this movie. Obviously it was made for me. Just as with Godfather 3 ^ I'm sure there's a whole horde of Star Trek fans who hate this movie. But I liked it a lot.

Saturday Night Fever - (1977) - C
--> I guess this is a classic, but I didn't find it interesting in the slightest. The story is slow, there's hardly a story at all. John Travolta and his friends are mostly stupid characters. The girl is a bit of a whiny tart. The dancing is cool, I guess?

Grease - (1978) - B
--> Way better than Saturday Night Fever. The characters are funnier/sillier. The songs are fun, the dancing is just as good. One thing that annoys me is that all the "teenagers" look like they're 25-30 years old. When I went to highschool, the kids sure didn't look like that. Also hilarious is how Sandy is made WAY uglier at the end of the movie in the skimpy clothes are ugly hairdo.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - (2012) - A
--> Because I already knew the critiques/weakness of this movie (super drawn out story, much appendices stuff added that has little to do with the actual book, blatant fanservice, etc...), I watched it accordingly. Holy shit I had a blast, lol! Sure, if you were expecting a faithful translation of the book, I can see why you'd be dissapointed. But already knowing what this movie is and isn't, I enjoyed it more than any movie I've seen since The Kite Runner. My only critique would be that the hobbit hole scene lasts just a bit too long (ok, way too long) but after they've set off, it's awesome all the way. Can't wait to pick up the second and third part when they drop down in price as well.

EDIT; Pretty sure my Hobbit DVD wasn't the 48fps that this movie originally used but regular 24fps. I do have a mock-up of the trailer in 48fps on my computer and thought that the clarity was great. The people who claim it ruined the movie are the same people who thought sound or color ruined movies as well.

i don't know if any of the home versions come in 48fps, i think that was only in theatres
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 294 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length