RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:35:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1017258 times)
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1995 on: March 15, 2008, 10:37:18 PM »

saw in theater....

Vantage Point - (2008) - B-

Reason for score -- decent enough, but really cheesy ending....

watched tonight....

Short Circuit - (1986) - C+

Reason for score -- classic '80s

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
sarah1980
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #1996 on: March 15, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »

Forbidden Planet
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1997 on: March 16, 2008, 02:18:04 AM »

just watched.....

No Country For Old Men (Blu-ray) - (2007) - F

Reason for score -- i don't know how this won any awards at all....let alone best picture....what a bunch of trash.....

Mind explaining your opinion?

When shall his new form be revealed?
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1998 on: March 16, 2008, 11:02:18 AM »

just watched.....

No Country For Old Men (Blu-ray) - (2007) - F

Reason for score -- i don't know how this won any awards at all....let alone best picture....what a bunch of trash.....

Mind explaining your opinion?

Sure, the actors were great and there were some great segments, but overall it was very slow, dry, monotonous, and predictable....it had huge potential that was completely wasted.....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1999 on: March 16, 2008, 05:25:30 PM »

How was it predictable? It's ending is WHY most people don't like it and why movie critics DO like it--it's unpredictable and vague.

Add the great acting, script, and brutal action scenes, and you've got the year's best film.

I'd give it another careful watch or three before I called it trash.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2000 on: March 16, 2008, 07:55:40 PM »

How was it predictable? It's ending is WHY most people don't like it and why movie critics DO like it--it's unpredictable and vague.

Add the great acting, script, and brutal action scenes, and you've got the year's best film.

I will agree to disagree with you on this one...

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2001 on: March 16, 2008, 08:11:47 PM »

just watched as more or less background noise since I have seen them both before....

Anger Management - Special Edition - (2003) - B

Reason for score -- as a mindless comedy.....it was a good movie...

Disney's Pocahontas - 10th Anniversary Edition - (1995) - B

Reason for score -- as a '90s disney movie, it was good enough....i don't know if it's really for young kids though.....

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2002 on: March 16, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »

I watched The Break Up tonight on HBO. It wasn't so bad.

I'm watching V for Vendetta right now, and I'm not sure how much I like it...

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2003 on: March 17, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »

Seems to me like you simply dislike it for it being liked.

Well, fight on man, fight on.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2004 on: March 17, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »

No, I honestly just think it was a very poor movie that people seem to just like because it won an award, without taking into consideration how poor of a movie it really was.  I don't like when people base their opinions strictly off of a critics opinion without considering the movie fully themself. 

I haven't actually met a person in real life (non-internet) who has liked it.  And trust me, I like a lot of art house, artistic, etc. movies that most people hate, so I'm not just the type of person that will only watch Hollywood blockbusters.....

BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2005 on: March 17, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »

Quote from: tholly
No, I honestly just think it was a very poor movie that people seem to just like because it won an award, without taking into consideration how poor of a movie it really was.  I don't like when people base their opinions strictly off of a critics opinion without considering the movie fully themself. 

I haven't actually met a person in real life (non-internet) who has liked it.  And trust me, I like a lot of art house, artistic, etc. movies that most people hate, so I'm not just the type of person that will only watch Hollywood blockbusters.....

I liked it, and I saw it extremely early in it's theater run. It had nothing to do with the hype, or the fact that it won an award. It had to do with the fact that It was different, suspenseful and the ending was something completely different than anything I have seen recently.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2006 on: March 17, 2008, 06:17:22 PM »

Did you even watch it man? You're entitled to your own opinion and I'll let it go with this, but don't deny yourself a great motion picture simply because your mindset goes against the grain. No better for disliking it because of critics than liking it because of critics.

I myself saw this movie on its opening weekend and loved it, I saw it again a week after that. My only preconception to the movie was that it was a Coen brothers film and that I adore everything they have ever made. I have since read the book and would consider the movie the better piece of art.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2007 on: March 17, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »

Omen IV

What a steaming pile of shite. It started off new age and spiritualist then got more boring then had a bullshit ending. I enjoyed Omen 1, 2, 3 and Omen 666 but 4 was barely even a B movie.
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2008 on: March 17, 2008, 07:38:59 PM »

Antiques Road Show. I could watch this stuff for hours.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2009 on: March 17, 2008, 07:40:53 PM »

Antiques Road Show. I could watch this stuff for hours.

Strangely, so could I. I find the stuff fascinating.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length