RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:50:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1049374 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3705 on: September 28, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »

Just finished:
Boss - was a fantastic show. Shame it ended with a seeming cliffhanger. I was certainly left wanting more :-/

What next.... hmmmm

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3706 on: September 28, 2014, 02:51:40 PM »

Just finished:
Boss - was a fantastic show. Shame it ended with a seeming cliffhanger. I was certainly left wanting more :-/

What next.... hmmmm

Howzabout:

IRL The Movie

Starring: YOU getting outside for a while and enjoying the beauty of the day.

Co-starring: family, friends, acquaintances, people you know of, and total strangers.

Now playing at multiplex Earth!

Ahhh, who am I kidding? That's the lamest, most boring movie ever! Forget I said anything...

- 'Late
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3707 on: September 28, 2014, 04:54:07 PM »

Pass

Tried out:

State of Emergency - Zombie-esque movie. Nothing spectacular. If it had been a real zombie movie i would have been more let down.

I Know That Voice - documentary about voice actors. It is really good. I started cracking up when they got to a section about video game voice acting and Nolan North started saying "'Go, Go, Go!' Alot of people might know that one, and uh 'Frag out!' 'Get down!' 'Grenade!' Yea that's me. You just can't teach that."

EDIT

That Guy... Who Was in That Thing - documentary with (mostly) small(ish) time actors. Talking about what it is like trying to get work in Hollywood when you are not one of the very few guys/gals at the top of the charts. Interesting look into the industry. Not as good as I Know That Voice though. Two totally different tones. This was not a fun filled ride but focused a lot more on the hardships and personal/professional difficulties.

In the middle of
Crave - Guy is losing his mind. I guess he is becoming a vigilante but i haven't gotten that far in yet. There is quite a bit of bounce back and forth from the reality in his mind to what the real reality is so i actually have no clue how this will play out. Which is nice. Another random flick that got stuck in my queue because Ron Perlman.

Getting late though so i'll probably pause and swap back to
Wildest Islands: Season 1 There are some other "Wildest" things i have lined up too Arctic, IndoChina, Latin America. I'm assuming all of them are going to continue to focus on the unique plant and animal species of those regions.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:02:53 AM by Izret101 » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3708 on: September 29, 2014, 10:54:41 PM »

Crimson Tide - Great flick

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3709 on: September 30, 2014, 12:24:48 AM »

Presently on Cracked.com catching up on the Does Not Compute segments I've missed over the last couple years.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3710 on: October 04, 2014, 07:34:37 PM »

Coronation Street

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3711 on: October 04, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »

Attack on Titan

I really missed out on a lot of good anime growing up, glad to have new stuff like this every Saturday, but I wish I could catch up on all the stuff I missed easily without dropping a ton of cash on box sets or a sub to some type of streaming service.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3712 on: October 04, 2014, 11:07:04 PM »

The Haunting

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3713 on: October 05, 2014, 10:38:58 PM »

Stalled - Horror/comedy movie. Zombies + janitor trapped in a bathroom at a company Xmas eve party. Grabbers was a better horror/comedy. Also from UK. does not involve zombies or being stuck in a bathroom stall.

Cybergeddon - this was SOOOO close to being a good movie. But it didn't have enough to push it past average. FBI agents + super hackers +
Spoiler (hover to show)
EDIT Hmmm i haven't seen it in AGES but i suppose it could ALMOST be a more grown up/modern version of Hackers /EDIT

The Colony - Takes place on Earth during an apparent world wide ice age of unknown length of time.
Spoiler (hover to show)
Laurence Fishburne and Bill Paxton are important characters if you are a fan of either or both.

Crawlspace - "When a super-secret underground military facility in Australia is attacked, the government sends in an elite squadron to rescue the workers." - Netflix description. At one point an Australian says "I think i get to be a little jumpy! We are inside Australias Area 51!" Bonus points for an original location and premise. Lost points for having to still rely on other countries world events to justify the movies existence. If they had delved deeper into the history(http://korean-war.commemo...lvement-in-korean-war.php) instead of generic "Cold War" USA vs Russia it would have been better. Worth a watch still though.

Storage 24 - another one out of the UK. A small group of people end up stuck inside a storage facility. Other than that the netflix description is entirely wrong. There was some predictability but it was pretty good. I guess it could fall into the "campy horror" genre. The first few minutes were off putting. Just stick with it.

Into Season 2 of Wildest Islands. Starting Amazon River Islands. I didn't think any of those would be isolated enough to have a really unique creatures compared to the mainland SA. Hopefully i get a surprise. I wasn't so lucky with the Hebrides. That seemed to be more of a local history lesson about cows swimming from island to island and people eating sea birds for several hundred years. Still was fairly interesting though.

EDIT 2
Forgot this one:

Rampage: Capital Punishment  - Sequel to Rampage. More or less follows in the footsteps of the original. Which i suggest watching first as it was better and sets you up for this one. Ignore the fact that they are done by Uwe Boll. They are both good.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:12:31 AM by Izret101 » Logged

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3714 on: October 07, 2014, 02:13:41 AM »

I don't watch enough movies, so I sort of picked a few at random that I wouldn't normally watch.

Ride Along: Aside from the all-too-obvious cliche black comedy bits, the end of the story really picked up and turned more action movie than comedy, which I enjoyed.

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral: I might watch a lot more westerns if they are all built in similar fashion.

Carrie: This movie was good, but it put something I live by in question..."The longer, the better". Songs that are longer than 7 minutes, Movies that last longer than 2 hours, Games longer than 80 hours...you get the picture...but this movie really knew how to drag on...and it really made me lose interest right before they dumped that bucket...filler isn't good, and this movie seemed to invent it.

and finally...Arika: holy shit dudes...I mean...wow. I needed this in my life and I cannot believe I hadn't found it before now.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3715 on: October 07, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »

I've heard a ton of talk about Akira. Still have yet to see it.

On netflix? Or something you owned and had yet to watch?

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3716 on: October 08, 2014, 07:41:06 AM »

It isn't on Netflix. But dude, if you have even the most fleeting interest in animation or more specifically anime, you ought to see this movie. It's just widely accepted as far and away the best anime movie of all time. For me, I don't collect movies, but I own a handful of blu-rays of my all time favorites, and Akira is one of them. It captures the feel of a dystopian future from a 1980s perspective in a way that only Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns has also done.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3717 on: October 08, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »

Akira is good, but it always leaves me scratching my head in the same way, that a viewing of 2001 does.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3718 on: October 08, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »

Last year, Adult Swim ran anime movies during the month of December, one each week, I recorded them all, but just recently got around to taking the time to watch Akira. The other three were Summer Wars, FMA the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa, and Trigun: Badlands Rumble. I watched Trigun with my little bro the night it aired, Summer wars a few months ago, (Mega, mega awesome as well, by the way), and FMA is still on the DVR waiting for me.

They will do four more this December, although I haven't found out what they will air this year yet.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3719 on: October 29, 2014, 11:03:01 PM »

Docs/series
Wildest Islands
Wildest Arctic
Wildest Latin America
Nature: Honey Badgers - Was really cool. They aren't just bad asses but REALLY crafty.
Nature: Meet the Coy-wolf - Crazy how far spread they are. Especially surprising that they thrive in urbanized areas.
Locked Up Abroad
Orange is the New Black - HIGHLY recommended but definitely NOT for everyone. If you are meek or easily offended this isn't for you.

Movies
Team America: World Police - Has NOT held up well. I probably would have been more amused when it came out. But i would like to think only slightly more so.
Doomsday Book - Korean mini movie collection(dubbed). One was about a zombie outbreak. One was about a robot that attains enlightenment. I can't really say what the last one was about without spoilering it to no end.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Loved it. Can't wait for the rest of the series to get released and hopefully end up on Netflix

Also tried to watch Bad Grandpa. I think i made it about 20 minutes in. Just wasn't my thing.

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length