RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:17:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1017295 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3810 on: May 04, 2015, 07:35:47 AM »

Atari: Game Over - Was surprisingly good.(MS pumping it up before release made me expect it would be garbage) Covered a fair amount of history besides a warehouse getting cleared out and dumped. I'd recommend it to anyone and HIGHLY recommend it to  Atari fans.

I love Howard Scott Warshaw so this movie was A-OK in my book.

I've been watching a lot of Godzilla movies in the past few weeks. Never had seen any before but a coworker lent me a stack of blu-rays and dvds so I've watched Destroy all Monsters, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Godzilla V. King Ghidorah (1991) and Godzilla V. Mothra: Battle for Earth (1992). They've all been pretty good but I loved Godzilla V. King Ghidorah.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3811 on: May 04, 2015, 04:10:49 PM »

90s Godzilla is the best. Godzilla vs. Destroyah is a good one of the newer Godzilla movies.

I also liked Atari Game Over or at least the parts that were about the beginnings and growth of Atari. I was not really interested in the landfill part, I feel that topic has been talked about enough recently.

It was cool to hear them talk about E.T. was not the sole reason of the decline of Atari.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3812 on: May 06, 2015, 07:15:44 PM »

Predator

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3813 on: May 11, 2015, 07:20:42 AM »

90s Godzilla is the best.

I think I have to agree with that at this point. I watched Final Wars and the original Godzilla Vs Mothra this weekend. I have a few more in the pile that I borrowed from my buddy but they're all from the 60s. I want to get my hands on Biollante and Destroyah, as well as the Criterion Blu-Ray of 1954.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3814 on: May 11, 2015, 06:36:06 PM »

Just finished DareDevil a few weeks back and started watching Arrow. About 9 episodes in. Pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3815 on: May 14, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »

Vietnam in HD

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3816 on: May 16, 2015, 07:37:37 PM »

Dog Day Afternoon - (1975) - B+
--> Movie about 2 brothers who go and rob a bank. You'd think they'd have a better plan. Tongue

Frozen - (2013) - A
--> The classic Disney recipe with a twist. Totally familiar to anyone who has watched a Disney film in the last 15 years, mixed with a couple of less-obvious plot twists which really add to the otherwise classic story. The animation is great and even the songs are fun.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - (2010) - B-
--> Decent as the action movie it is, but it misses something extra.

Thor - (2011) - B-
--> About the same as Prince of Persia. I did miss the first 30min or so of the movie. I didn't quite understand how Thor's homeworld looks like. The CGI, at times, looked disjointed.

A River Runs Through It - (1992) - A
--> This movie stands head and shoulders above the previous 2 action movies. It shows you don't need violence or special effects to make a good movie. It does suffer a bit from the "will anything ever happen in this movie?" syndrome, but the waiting only makes it more powerful when something does happen.

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - (2011) - (B)
--> I probably missed too much of this movie to truly rate it. I only saw the last 45 minutes. Nothing particularly stood out to me; it's a generic fun-to-watch kind of movie.

Knight and Day - (2010) - B
--> This movie has everything going for it to be an absolute stinker, and it started out as one. For some reason, seeing Tom Cruise sort of lampoon himself as the Mission Impossible cool guy, really works in this movie.

Wreck-It Ralph - (2012) - A
--> Frozen is probably the better classic Disney movie, this one is fun because it's not. Of course the video game references are a lot of fun.

Playing for Keeps - (2012) - C-
--> Worst movie of this post.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3817 on: May 20, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »

Saw the new Mad Max last night in 3D. Believe the hype. Incredible movie.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3818 on: May 25, 2015, 08:28:57 PM »

I don't visit this thread nearly as often as I should, I think that's because I feel obligated to look into whatever is liked by you guys and never have the time. I mean, if you're into it, it must be good right?

My wife pointed out that today is Towel Day ( http://www.towelday.org/   or   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Day ) so we had to watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I made that picture big enough so you can make it a wallpaper, if you're the sort to not simply have a black screen like me, I rather like it.

Because today is also Memorial Day, I'm going to look and see if we can stream the movie Memorial Day (1998)  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0168068

It stars Jeff Speakman, was released straight to video shortly after Independence Day was a big hit, which stared Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pulman......Jeff Speakman, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pulman. Memorial Day, Independence Day......anyways, I have stories about watching this with friends, I guess you would have had to have been there.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:41:57 PM by nupoile » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3819 on: May 26, 2015, 10:19:05 AM »

my girlfriend and her family plan on going to the san diego comic con this year and on the off chance that any Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined series) actors might be there, we're plowing through what we have left of that in the next 5 weeks. should be pretty manageable, we only have 30 episodes left and a few movies.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3820 on: May 26, 2015, 11:11:02 AM »

I dunno if it's because of the local NBA team's playoff run or what, but I've been watching quite a few basketball documentaries lately, including:

- Magic & Bird: a Courtship of Rivals

- Bad Boys (The 80's Detroit Pistons)

- I Hate Christian Laettner

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3821 on: May 30, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »

The Never Ending Story with the kids.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3822 on: May 30, 2015, 10:17:38 PM »

Ghostly Encounters

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3823 on: May 30, 2015, 10:51:32 PM »

Just finished Planes, Trains, and Automobiles with my wife.  Oddly enough, I don't think I've ever seen that movie before.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3824 on: June 02, 2015, 08:07:40 PM »

Just finished Planes, Trains, and Automobiles with my wife.  Oddly enough, I don't think I've ever seen that movie before.
Those aren't pillows!

I love that movie.

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length