RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:05:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Board Game Night! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print
Author Topic: Board Game Night!  (Read 42797 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2014, 08:17:15 AM »

That is an awesome box! Great find.

Thanks, man.  Tongue
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2014, 05:05:19 PM »

Capcom approved a Mega Man board game, and it looks nice so far.

http://www.gamnesia.com/n...m-and-progressing-nicely1

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »

Had some friends over last night and taught them how to play two new games. We played each game two times. The first one was Survive!, which is a game from the 80's that was remade not long ago. Also played a few rounds of For Sale, which is a fun filler game (10-15 minutes).

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2015, 06:56:08 PM »

Monopoly or bust!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2015, 08:22:37 PM »

Did anyone get any new board games for Christmas? The wife got me a copy of Tokaido and Once Upon A Time.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2015, 11:05:09 AM »

Finally got to enjoy a board game night with the Crabmaster and another good guy named Mike, who lords over the high scores on Crabby's Time Crisis II arcade cab. Anyways, I brought over 2 D&D games: Wrath of Ashardalon and the classic Dungeon!. I hadn't played Dungeon! in probably 25 years, and had been itching to play my 2012 edition, that I had purchased a couple years ago. We started out with a quick round of a Trivial Pursuit card game first, then we played Dungeon!  It was a good couple rounds of that, as its a very easy, basic, intro to the classic D&D dungeon crawl. I lost both games miserably, but I blame that largely on a gross misunderstanding of one rule, that none of us figured out until almost the end.

After 2 games of that, we decided to have Crabby take us through a new card game, that he sold me from his store. Boss Monster. Boss Monster is a cool card game where the object is for the players to draw a Boss card, build your dungeon, than lure heros into your dungeon and kill them! The cards are cool looking, with the art done in classic pixelated side-scroller art, with subtle nods to some familiar game villians. The player that kills the most hero's and is wounded the least, Wins! I also got my ass handed to me after two rounds, as I was trying to just figure the game out, and wasn't able to develop any kind of strategy. We never did get to play the other game, as it was getting late and Crabby was forgoing any kind of sleep, to play with us before he had to work his other job. Trooper!

At any rate, all three of us had a blast, and we have another board game night (tentatively) planned for in another two weeks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:23:15 PM by EngineerMike » Logged

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2015, 01:52:38 PM »

Had another Tabletop night with the Crabmaster again, last night. We played Wrath of Ashardalon, for the second consecutive tabletop night, and again, got our asses handed to us.

After that we played, Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre. Awesome card and dice game that was super easy to pick up and very fun to play. Another game to add to my collection.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »

After that we played, Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre. Awesome card and dice game that was super easy to pick up and very fun to play. Another game to add to my collection.

Ahhhhh. I really want this game, but it's rather pricey right now. I think it's OOP. Sincerely, Fey Tickle Bottom

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »

Epic Spell Wars was fun to play. I've had a turn at it once.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2015, 03:29:14 PM »

They played it on TableTop a few weeks ago if anyone is interested in seeing how it works.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2015, 06:38:31 PM »

I played as Krazznar too, but didn't use the same voice as Wil Weaton.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2015, 06:39:05 PM »

Ahhhhh. I really want this game, but it's rather pricey right now. I think it's OOP. Sincerely, Fey Tickle Bottom

Talk to Crabby, man!

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2015, 04:01:34 AM »

Played Sheriff of Nottingham on Thursday night, with Crabby and our other semi-regular tabletop gamers. Quick fun game, involving bluffing. I lost. lol. After that we played my new Legend of Drizzt game, which plays exactly like Wrath of Ashardalon, with a couple minor differences.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2015, 08:28:04 AM »

I have Sheriff on my Amazon list. Ended up having Crabby sending me a copy of Spell Wars. Wink. We are having friends over tonight to game, so I'll report back.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2015, 02:10:44 AM »

Played two more games, that I had never played before tonight. Crabby brought both. First up, was Tokaido. The first time I watched Tokaido being played, on an episode of Tabletop, I couldn't be less interested. The basic premise of going for a walk from one end of Japan to another, while trying to maximize your whole experience along the way, seemed like such a boring pursuit. But then I watched the episode again with less distractions so I could focus more on the game, and it started to hook me a little.

Happy to say, that I enjoyed my Tokaido experience, and will probably add it to my collection at some point.

To mix things up, we played a game of....... Redneck Life!!! This is a screwed up take on the game of LIFE This game was so awesome in terms of hilarity, that I feel the need to add it to my collection. To give examples of how humorous this game was, my player was named Cletus Lee and my profession was monster truck announcer, which paid $320 per payday. My first wife was named Mary Beth, until I got a divorce, then married Bertha Sue. By the games end, I had one daughter named Dottie Jane, and nine sons named Darryl. Oh, and the winner was determined by the most teeth, which turned out to be a total of 19!! I was dead last. I think I had like 14 teeth left or something.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:25:45 PM by EngineerMike » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length