RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:03:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Board Game Night! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print
Author Topic: Board Game Night!  (Read 42858 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »

I got a copy of Tokaido from the wife for Christmas. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Redneck Life? I dunno. Probably based on a few of my relatives and would hit too close to home. Wink

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2015, 10:34:17 AM »

Went to dinner at my folks place last night. I brought along Batman Love Letter, Samurai Spirit, Zombie Dice, and Tsuro. My old man LOVED Tsuro and Zombie Dice. Got out the other two games, dad saw them and said: "Let's play more Zombie Dice." lol I knew dad would love Tsuro, as he is a big, Chinese Checkers fan (Those two games are nothing alike but they are both simplistic in play with a bit of strategy) . I ended up trying to play a solo round of Samurai Spirit, but got tripped up in a rule. Waiting to play a quick round on game night Thursday, with Crabby, so he can take us through a round or two (he played it with friends last weekend)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:46:32 AM by EngineerMike » Logged

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2015, 10:52:53 AM »

Tsuro and Zombie Dice are great in-between breaks (10-15 min max) if you're playing larger games. I own them both, along with Get Bit!, for this reason.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »

In this case, they were time killers before more company arrived, and the game playing ended Sad My folks are big card players with their friends, playing for a few hours at a time, sometimes. Quick and easy games are their favorite.

We used to play a great board game called Rat Race by Waddington games. Only problem is, my dad got so good at it, that he started winning almost every game and it became no fun anymore. lol. I am looking to get a vintage (1980) copy. Exact version I had as a kid. Going to subject the guys at my tabletop group to it someday.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2015, 06:49:42 PM »

Played Sheriff of Nottingham on Thursday night, with Crabby and our other semi-regular tabletop gamers. Quick fun game, involving bluffing. I lost. lol. After that we played my new Legend of Drizzt game, which plays exactly like Wrath of Ashardalon, with a couple minor differences.

Legend of Drizzt is awesome, especially if you've at least read the Icewind Dale trilogy.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2015, 06:54:02 PM »

Played Sheriff of Nottingham on Thursday night, with Crabby and our other semi-regular tabletop gamers. Quick fun game, involving bluffing. I lost. lol. After that we played my new Legend of Drizzt game, which plays exactly like Wrath of Ashardalon, with a couple minor differences.

Legend of Drizzt is awesome, especially if you've at least read the Icewind Dale trilogy.

Does Graphic Novel form count?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2015, 02:56:20 PM »

That's a great game!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2015, 07:18:24 PM »

That's a great game!

I will be getting Temple of Elemental Evil at the end of this month or beginning of MAY! Look forward to seeing that one, as they seem to make small improvements over the previous games.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2015, 08:30:52 PM »

Temple of Elemental Evil is a classic D&D mod. Glad to hear its getting a board game treatment. I am interested in how it might play. The mod was very difficult, I hope they keep it that way.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2015, 09:37:44 PM »

I am hoping for as difficult as the other games. I am willing to bet that, Zuggtmoy will be the big bad boss, for this one.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2015, 01:43:31 AM »

Another awesome night with Crabby and our fellow regular Thursday night group members. This time we played Betrayal at House on the Hill, to kick things off.

I knew I would like this game, based on the the episode I watched of Tabletop. Besides, it's Wizards of the Coast. Pretty solid game company, owned by the almighty Hasbro. Anyways, this game sort of has an adventure feel to it, similar to the D&D games I have played, but plays quite a bit differently. It is cooperative until a certain gameplay mechanic, causes an event to be triggered, which (I believe) always causes a player to become a traitor to the group. 30 scenarios are included with the core game. I am a little bummed that I didn't get to be the traitor, but me and Crabby survived and won the game, so that was awesome.

Next up we played Samurai Spirit. Initially when I heard the premise of this game, I was brimming with enthusiasm. Seven Samurai (1-7 players) must defend a village protected by barriers and containing: 6 houses and 3 families. Every player must survive 3 days to win. We died on the second day. I liked this game, but it didn't quite resonate the same way, that Tokaido did. It was also a bit tricky and frustrating to understand the rules/objectives at first. I would like to try it again at some point.

And lastly, the guy that hosts our Thursday game nights, agreed to sell me his sealed copy of Cards against Humanity...for $10!!! I just checked the exchange rate and that's under $8 US!!! So it was the perfect excuse to break the seal and play that sucker. Very amusing game and well worth the $10.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2015, 07:34:44 AM »

I also have Betrayal at House on the Hill and it is also one of our favorites. We've had some really good games and some poorer ones and this seems to basically be based on the strength of the haunting. Pretty cool game and plays like 2 separate games. I'm really glad they went back and did another run of this game, because copies were selling for around $120 at one time.

Cards Against Humanity is our go to for nights with our more non-geeky board game crowd. Always seems to unveil how twisted some of your friends are and you really learn a lot about them. Fun game if you have the right crowd (aka. people with a darker sense of humor) Smiley

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2015, 02:06:33 PM »

You got me interested in Samurai Spirit. I did not know it was based upon Seven Samurai.  Can you explain in detail what was wrong with it.  Would like to see about getting the game, but only if it is not totally broken.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2015, 07:13:11 AM »

You got me interested in Samurai Spirit. I did not know it was based upon Seven Samurai.  Can you explain in detail what was wrong with it.  Would like to see about getting the game, but only if it is not totally broken.

I wouldn't say anything was wrong with it. I think our group was just a bit too rushed when we played, and it seemed like a struggle to figure it out from the get-go.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »

Alright, good to know. Will keep a look out for it next time, I go to the gaming store

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length