RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:50:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | RIP Donna Summer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RIP Donna Summer  (Read 1598 times)
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« on: May 17, 2012, 03:38:40 PM »

Disco queen Donna Summer has passed away at 63. The singer reportedly suffered complications from lung cancer. Her family has released a statement, saying they are "at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and continued legacy." She's survived by her husband and children. Born on New Year's Eve in 1948, Donna was influenced by Michael Jackson, The Supremes, and Janis Joplin growing up in Boston. Donna eventually moved to Germany to star in Hair, when the Broadway musical moved to Europe, and she picked up fluent German. She would marry and divorce a German man, Helmuth Sommer, but she kept his name in a way, changing hers from Donna Gaines to Donna Summer.

Even if you didn't grow up going to disco clubs, you probably know the words to many of her iconic songs, which include, "Last Dance," "Hot Stuff," and "Love to Love You Baby."

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »

Oddly enough, I'm more bummed by her passing than I was by Whitney Houston's.

She might not have been on the top tier of the 70s/80s pop-diva hierarchy, but I always dug her.

A few of my Donna Summer faves:

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »

Just read an MSN article where Donna Summer believed that her cancer most likely stemmed from debris from the 9/11 attacks:

http://now.msn.com/entert...18-donna-summer-9-11.aspx
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length