RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:44:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | USC wins big ! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: USC wins big !  (Read 6024 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: January 05, 2005, 05:07:24 AM »

So is there any doubt who is number 1 in college football this year ? I mean USC destroyed OU.

I was thinking poor Auburn , they went 13 - 0 and wont get a sniff for the title. But with USC manhandling OU , I really dont think there should be any doubt who is number 1.

Anybody else think differently ? (I think there should be a play-off system but there isnt one)

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 06:12:36 AM »

It could have been the Miami Dolphins playing USC last night, it wouldn't have mattered, that team just flat out is amazing!

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 06:57:40 AM »

I definitely gotta agree that USC should be the all-out champion.  

However, I couldn't disagree more about a playoff system.  The rankings have long been a part of the college football tradition, and with playoffs, you'd do away with that completely.  Besides, what would end up happening is you'd have the same controversy over who got into the playoffs as we have now over what teams get into the BCS bowls.  In college football, the regular season is the post-season.  We don't need two of em.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 06:58:11 AM by admin » Logged

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 07:03:57 AM »

I agree with you partly Nepenthean. The thing I like about college football is the fact that every week matters so much. If you lose one game then you probably ruin your chances of going to the big game.

If you did put in a play-off system then you would know you still had a chance and then every single game wouldnt mean as much.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 07:15:41 AM »

I watched that game for about 2 minutes. IT sucked why  where the Sooners even there?

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 07:56:12 AM »

I watched that game for about 2 minutes. IT sucked why  where the Sooners even there?

I dont think Auburn would have done any better shrug
The USC team this year is one of the deepest most taleted college teams I can remember.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 08:09:36 AM »

I didn't get to catch the first half of the game.  I turned the game on in the third quarter and was pissed.  I basically missed the entire game.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 11:47:20 AM »

If you did put in a play-off system then you would know you still had a chance and then every single game wouldnt mean as much.

You hit the nail on the head for why playoffs would destroy the spirit and energy of college football.  That's exactly what (for me anyway) makes it a hundred times more exciting than the NFL, or any other sport (college, pro, prep, or otherwise) for that matter.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length