RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:59:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | 3DS XL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 3DS XL  (Read 4513 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:25 PM »

Well, we knew it was coming. The 3DS XL was just announced via Nintendo Direct, and is releasing in August alongside New Super Mario Bros. 2. At $200 with a 90% larger 3D screen and longer battery life than the original, it seems like a real winner. I know if I hadn't gotten a great deal on mine recently, I would have been waiting on this.

It does bring up several questions for me though. Will there be a Circle Pad Pro released that fits it? If you already own a 3DS, can you transfer your purchases, Miis, etc. to an XL easily?

So what does everyone think?

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:30:23 PM »

If I didnt have one this would be the one I'd get. Dont see a reason to upgrade from the original model though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 09:25:58 AM »

If I didnt have one this would be the one I'd get. Dont see a reason to upgrade from the original model though.

This.

While I'm definitely interested in this, I won't be buying it soon.  I love the DSi XL, but the lack of the second analogue stick on the 3DS XL is probably the biggest dealbreaker for me.
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »

This is why I passed on the 3DS, I knew they'd release a better version before too long.

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:55:19 AM »

Damn you, Nintendo grrr

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 10:03:30 AM »

I'm still perplexed that they didn't integrate the second circle pad permanently. I would have happily paid another $25 or so to have that as part of the package. Oh well, back to Vita.

a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 03:38:43 PM »

You can transfer content Duke. My buddy transferred his ambassador ticket to his zelda edition.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »

How does it work a_hub10? Do you have to contact Nintendo?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it in the settings area.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:51:46 PM by Duke.Togo » Logged

a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 03:47:27 PM »

You just use the system transfer tool in the settings menu. "Other settings" Page 3.
FireStar
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »

lolno
Still can't believe this is real. It looks more like a DSi than a 3DS. At least start and select are actual buttons now, but the rest of the system looks "cheap" compared to the 3DS.
Can't wait for confused consumers getting a "Circle pad pro XL" for their regular 3DS. 
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »

I'm waiting for the definitive model, the 3DSi XL Lite, which will be announced this time next year.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »

the nintendo facebook page was full of rage over 3DS XL because they were acting like this is a new gimic nintendo is doing. i see a little of the same complaints in here but not nearly as bad, people here usually know what they're talking about. i think what most people forget is that nintendo has always done this with handhelds. gameboy pocket anyone?

i agree with the rage over lack of second joystick though, that's the only thing they dropped the ball on imo.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »

i agree with the rage over lack of second joystick though, that's the only thing they dropped the ball on imo.

Why not ask Sirgin if it'll be incorporated into the "definitive" 3DSi XL Lite that'll supposedly be comin' out next year...  Tongue
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 12:47:46 PM »

Why not ask Sirgin if it'll be incorporated into the "definitive" 3DSi XL Lite that'll supposedly be comin' out next year...  Tongue

UPDATE: My sources have just confirmed the definitive model coming out next year will be named the "3DS XL U".

3DS XL U Features:

• Second analog stick built in (same layout as Wii U GamePad)
  • Higher gamut contrast retina LED backlit displays
  • Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Infrared
  • Use your 3DS XL U as a second Wii U controller!
  • promo campaign slogans: "U asked for it, U get it!" and "Unlike anything U've seen before!"
  • RRP: $199.99
  • Release: Q4 2013
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »

Why not ask Sirgin if it'll be incorporated into the "definitive" 3DSi XL Lite that'll supposedly be comin' out next year...  Tongue

UPDATE: My sources have just confirmed the definitive model coming out next year will be named the "3DS XL U".

3DS XL U Features:

• Second analog stick built in (same layout as Wii U GamePad)
  • Higher gamut contrast retina LED backlit displays
  • Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Infrared
  • Use your 3DS XL U as a second Wii U controller!
  • promo campaign slogans: "U asked for it, U get it!" and "Unlike anything U've seen before!"
  • RRP: $199.99
  • Release: Q4 2013

What? No extra stylus?!  Angry
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length