RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:47:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 3  (Read 11088 times)
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 07:27:22 AM »

i could listen to crabby and duke have a conversation about collecting all day.  you guys don't even worry about topics, just chat away

Thanks! We have an outline in place prior to recording so that we stay somewhat on task and dont wander all over the place. But we both like the format where it flows like a conversation so we keep it pretty loose and let it flow (occasionally ignoring the outline if it feels right).

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »

Finally listened to episode 3 yesterday and today.
I have to chime in about the whole "craigslist people coming to your house" discussion. I no longer sell and very rarely buy from craigslist anymore, but when I was able to do some selling or buy, I always tried meeting people in public places, it just felt weird for them to come to my house or for me to go to their house. My dad on the other hand is a big CL seller. He buys stuff at garage sales and flips it for 10x what he paid for it. He generally sell 3-10 items every day and I think he's only met someone somewhere a few times because he was doing something out that way anyway. He pretty much always has them come to the house. It was odd at first, any time a strange car pulled in the driveway when I was home I'd get up and watch from the window or wherever I was, but now I don't even bother glancing out the window because its become so familiar to me. We haven't had any issues with people either, if anything, we're going to be investigated by the cops as a suspected drug house because of the odd cars coming all hours of the day for a couple minutes each time.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 03:37:46 PM »

I'm glad that you have had good experiences with it. The reason I don't do it is I know a person that was beaten and robbed while going to a "person's" house to buy something from a CL ad. The place turned out to be an apartment that was empty at the time, and the two guys waited until he introduced himself. Sometimes I think of how badly it could have turned out for him, and he is lucky it was just bruises and a little cash missing.

I'm getting ready to go meet with someone for a CL buy right now... at a gas station. I'll just stay on the safe side.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »

I still wouldn't feel comfortable inviting CL people to come over, but if my dad feels comfortable having his people come over, there's not much I can do. I also would really hate the idea of actually going inside someone's house, unless of course they're like Crabby and invite me in to check out their game collection. Even when we're garage saling, I'm hesitant of moving sales where's its just "come on in our house and poke around".

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »

yeah guys, honestly, I love the show. Keep up the good work and I'll keep listening to every episode.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length