RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:01:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 4  (Read 23123 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »

So I'm listening right now.

I want you to know that Episode 6 will be up tomorrow.

Episode 7 will be 2 weeks after. I lost my first 1.5 hours of gameplay footage so I'm behind. And this game could make or break me...

That's all well and good... but more rapping please.

understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 08:42:31 PM »

But games released from companies such as Sachen aren't pirates or bootlegs. They are completely original releases. Some Sachen games were published in the US by Color Dreams under the Bunch Games moniker, but Huge Insect was a direct importation of carts from Sachen themselves. I know some people refer to these games as "pirate originals," but I don't think including games from Sachen in that grouping as they weren't a pirate company at all.

I'm really just playing Devil's Advocate, but this is a very interesting topic in how games should be classified.

Well, when I say bootleg I'm referring to any games that don't go through the proper channels to get an official release, so things like homebrews or unofficial releases like Color Dreams games. It's just so hard to determine what region the game was released in with most of them I just kind of through most of them off to the side and say if it works with the system it's a release for that system so I guess I see them more as a world wide release over anything. For example take Wisdom Tree anyone in the world can go here http://www.wisdomtreegames.com/games.html and buy Super 3D Noah's Ark so is it a US PC release if people in Europe can buy it? I know this isn't how it worked back then but I can't help but think if I knew of Sachen back in the day and sent them a letter with enough money in it for one of every game they had and shipping to my address they would have had no problem sending the games to me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:12:15 PM by understatement » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »

That's all well and good... but more rapping please.

I will make Episode 7 entirely in rap form.

Angry rap. But rap.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 10:37:22 PM »

My word. How long till you guys get a star on the ground in Silicon valley?

You rang for me?
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 12:10:26 AM »

An angry rap about variants and why Duke's Super Mario 3 request was rejected

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 08:32:32 PM »

An angry rap about variants and why Duke's Super Mario 3 request was rejected

Which Super Mario 3 request? Grin

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 04:42:57 PM »

Hey Crabs, I just realized that you seemed to be a little down on the Francophones at a couple points in the podcast.

You keep that up, and we might just hafta make you an honorary UnitedStatesian...

[img width=400 height=300]http://bp2.blogger.com/_EvxoYuwNZMI/Rr6n63_jnGI/AAAAAAAABoo/2p_ZwsXT00U/s400/freedom+fries.jpg[/img]
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 06:28:27 PM »

[img width=592 height=483]http://dump4free.com/imgdump/1/america%20ta%20motivational%20poster.jpg[/img]

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Got around to listening to the podcast today, hearing my name still hasn't gotten old!

As for that Pikmin 2 in a NASCAR case, the guy running the sale told me about it. I had gladly paid his asking price of $2 for the N64 stuff, then asked if there was any other game stuff he might have around. He brought out a few GameCube and Xbox games, none of which were in their correct cases, so he went through each one to see what was actually in there. Sadly, it's too scratched to play, but perhaps I can bring it back with some toothpaste and/or Brasso. I don't recommend spending time making sure that each game case is what it says it is, unless it's one you want to buy in the first place. Tongue

As for the rest of the podcast, I think variant chat went on a little too long for me. Maybe it was just that it was so specific to our database here, rather than squabbling over what should and shouldn't be in here, it might have been interesting to hear what other collection communities do? I know it's the RF Generation Collectorcast, but NintendoAge got a mention earlier in the episode, how do they track these things there? That could have been interesting to know. Are we seen as the overly nitpicky crowd in the collecting scene, or given the other sites that do board variations, are we actually pretty lenient? I think answering some questions like this would have been a little more interesting than "Well what if I own the Xbox Dreamcast compilation..." that went around in circles a few times toward the end.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46:15 PM »

But if we answered everything in one episode, then we couldn't come back to it to address these kind of comments Wink

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 09:17:52 AM »

This is the kind of feedback I love to hear Grue! Were always looking to improve so if you guys can point out specific instances like this and explain why you didnt like them, that gives us a lot of info to work with.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »

This is the kind of feedback I love to hear Grue! Were always looking to improve so if you guys can point out specific instances like this and explain why you didnt like them, that gives us a lot of info to work with.

I'll have to let Crabby have a "shut up already Duke" indicator for the next episode Wink

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 12:11:10 PM »

i loved the debate and banter about variants.  you guys are teaching me more about collecting in just the 4 episodes than i ever knew before.

I'm still waiting for my name to be dropped though :/

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 12:21:26 PM »

i loved the debate and banter about variants.  you guys are teaching me more about collecting in just the 4 episodes than i ever knew before.

I'm still waiting for my name to be dropped though :/

Now I could swear that you were mentioned in a small scores in an earlier episode...

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »

meh its no big deal.  i just cry about it every night is all.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length