RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:00:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 197381 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1950 on: November 06, 2014, 04:13:07 PM »

Which campaign are you playing? The later campaigns have larger daimyos, which allow you to learn the mechanics at your pace if you pick one of the stacked ones.

Ack
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1951 on: November 06, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »

I've just been trying the first one.  I guess I'll try the last one and mess around with the Oda clan some more to see what I can do with a lot of different provinces under my control.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1952 on: November 06, 2014, 04:26:32 PM »

That's how I learned the basics. I played that game for an entire summer, and would love to crack it open again.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1953 on: November 07, 2014, 09:39:54 AM »

Still working through System Shock 2 for the community playthrough and really enjoying it.  I hope to come back to Alone in the Dark on PS3 when I finish SS2, but I may just put it down for now.  I also started playing the co-op scenario Half-Life: Decay from the PS2 port of Half-Life with a friend last weekend and hope to continue that soon.

And after 2-3 months of playing nothing but dark and scary horror games, I'm really looking forward to starting something much more lighthearted soon.  I'm thinking I might go with Super Mario RPG.  I always liked that game as a kid but never finished it.

Ack
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1954 on: November 07, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »

A few months back I upgraded my computer and finally played through Borderlands and its DLC and earned all the achievements.  With the Pre-Sequel coming at the time, my friends and I decided to try to push through Borderlands 2 and its DLC.  Now I'm very close to having all of its achievements, with just 5 to go.  I'm not sure when we'll jump to Pre-Sequel, but I'm looking forward to trying it out when we do.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1955 on: November 07, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »

On the bright side, right now I am in the very fortunate position of being able to pick both a new console game and a new handheld game to play, and it's almost the weekend!  Cheesy

And I chose Prototype 2. Already just as fun as the first game and let's face it, not many games have a black dude as the main character. That's awesome.

For my handheld I went with Star Fox 64 3D. I know I'll be done with it before I even leave work, but I've been trying to get my hands on it forever and I just a copy this week so I had to buzz through it once. I like it a lot so far, even with all the changes.

Already thinking of what's next for handheld...hmmm...VITA? PSP? stick with 3DS? I might wait until Monday as portable games are more to play during work. Time will tell.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1956 on: November 07, 2014, 05:36:30 PM »

007: Quantum of Solace (360) - Played several rounds of Team Conflict tonight.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1957 on: November 08, 2014, 01:42:36 PM »

Chugging through Prototype 2 still. Game is fun as all hell. Love me some super power sandbox games.

Have yet to choose my next handheld game. Still can't even decide which system to go with. Haven't played through a PSP game in a long time but all the games I have for it are so damn long.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1958 on: November 08, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »

Earthworm Jim (WP7) - Starting my hard run.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1959 on: November 08, 2014, 10:09:28 PM »

finished Geist, really cool shooter with a lot of puzzle solving.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1960 on: November 09, 2014, 01:04:59 AM »

I loved me some geist if i didn't make that clear before.
Glad you enjoyed it Cheesy

More Puzzle Quest 2
I'm working on getting pieces of a hammer so i can have it forged back together so i can use it to smash something so i can fight some necromancers without them being indestructible so i can fight the boss necromancer which is hopefully the end of the game.

Of course all this bullshit was buried underground  behind 2 magically sealed doors one of which was guarded by a magic super orc. I wish i could remember how this game started and what the story was because so far it seems like bad idea after bad idea. I'm just going out of my way to cause trouble and start fights.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1961 on: November 09, 2014, 03:12:29 AM »

it was surprisingly good, i never expect much from old FPS because they can be really clunky but this felt good for the most part, except slow turning speed sometimes.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1962 on: November 09, 2014, 04:14:50 PM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 (360) - Road to Wrestlemania with my created superstar.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1963 on: November 09, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »

More Puzzle Quest 2
I'm working on getting pieces of a hammer so i can have it forged back together so i can use it to smash something so i can fight some necromancers without them being indestructible so i can fight the boss necromancer which is hopefully the end of the game.

Of course all this bullshit was buried underground  behind 2 magically sealed doors one of which was guarded by a magic super orc. I wish i could remember how this game started and what the story was because so far it seems like bad idea after bad idea. I'm just going out of my way to cause trouble and start fights.

Don't know, but didn't matter to me. I played the Rogue/Thief character, abused the hell out of the Strikes, and used a poison dagger to hide behind. Game was simple.

Wrapped up the Cop Career, and have the random achievements left for the Racer Career on Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (WP). Grinding away at Zoo Tycoon Friends (WP), slowly building up my infrastructure for extra coins.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1964 on: November 09, 2014, 10:38:50 PM »

Yea i am playing the Theif nearly the exact same way i played the Knight in the first game.

Only difference is when i hit with a theif here it does less damage. I ditched the poison blade since damage didn't stack.
It only costs me 3action points(a single match before i had bonuses) for 8 points of damage. Not too shabby. Wink

But mostly i just abuse the matching/cascades. Only problem i have is running out of or slowly accumulating red energy sometimes but it isn't bad enough for me to respec. At worst it takes me an extra couple turns. I've only lost one battle (3 times in a row admittedly) since i started playing again.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length