RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:28:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Top 20 PS2 games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Top 20 PS2 games  (Read 19038 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 08:51:50 AM »

My only prediction this time is that Shadow of the Colossus and Final Fantasy X both make the top 3

Nailed it!!

Here's my list. HUGE high five to whoever was the other person to put Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s on their list!!

20. Final Fantasy X
19. Resident Evil Outbreak
18. King of Fighters Collection The Orochi Saga
17. Tony Hawk's Underground
16. Ico
15. Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s
14. Kingdom Hearts
13. Marvel vs Capcom 2
12. Psychonauts
11. Castlevania Lament of Innocence
10. Xenosaga II
9. Xenosaga III
8. Xenosaga
7. Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2
6. Devil May Cry
5. Onimusha
4. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Persona 3
2. Odin Sphere
1.Persona 4

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2021, 10:43:35 AM »

Here's my list. HUGE high five to whoever was the other person to put Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s on their list!!

That would be me.  Best Guitar Hero ever.  What do I win? laugh

Here's my list:

1. Beyond Good & Evil
2. Dog's Life This is a game that I'm sure no one else will put on there list or even have heard of but it's worth every penny.  This is one of my favorite games on the PS2.  You play as a dog and must rescue your girlfriend.  You do different quests for people, use your nose to sniff out things, have peeing questions, and several other things.  The camera can be a bit wonky but I recommend you try this out.
3. Silent Hill 3
4. Metal Gear Solid 2
5. Guitar Hero: Rock The 80's
6. Taiko Drum Master
7. Kingdom Hearts
8. Final Fantasy X
9. Metal Gear Solid 3
10. The Suffering
11. Final Fantasy XII
12. Dragon Quest VIII
13. Viewtiful Joe 2
14. Final Fanasty X-2

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2021, 11:04:28 AM »

My list:

1.   Resident Evil 4 – It took one of my favorite series into a bold new direction, for better or worse. Say what you will about its sequels, but this is an amazing game, and revolutionary in its own right.

2.   Final Fantasy X – I feel like this is probably the most divisive game in the series, but I am a big fan of this entry.

3.   Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – I was in my mid-teens when this game came out and was diving deep into 80s metal, so this really was a case of the right game at the right time for me. Driving through the 80s-era cityscape causing as much chaos as I could with classic thrash metal blaring on the radio was a sublime experience.

4.   Kingdom Hearts – I initially hated this game, and it took many years and many attempts to finally get into it. When it finally clicked for me, I found it to be an engrossing experience.

5.   Silent Hill 2 – The pinnacle of the Silent Hill franchise introduced many new staples for the series. An excellent soundtrack and an unforgettable story elevate this game to the top of the survival-horror genre.

6.   Silent Hill 3 – One of the best survival-horror titles out there. Not quite as good as Silent Hill 2 in my opinion, but very nearly so.

7.   Onimusha: Warlords – This game oddly didn't click with me when playing it back in the day, but I absolutely fell in love with it when revisiting it more recently. Streamlines the classic Resident Evil formula a bit and adds in some pretty satisfying hack & slash action.

8.   God of War II

9.   Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X

10.   Shadow of the Colossus – Doesn't quite hit as high a mark for me as it does for most people, but this is still a great game regardless. Very few things in gaming are as satisfying as taking down a colossus.

11.   Indigo Prophecy

12.   Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – It's technically the best of the PS2 GTA games, but the setting didn't click with me nearly as much as Vice City.

13.   Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

14.   Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny – Keeps the core experience of the first Onimusha mostly intact, but adds in some unnecessary fluff such as a town with interactive NPCs that brings the experience down in my opinion.

15.   God of War

16.   The Warriors – A great game based on a great movie. I've played through this with a friend a couple of times and we've always had a blast with it.

17.   Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits – The only game in the series I've played, but it's a pretty good RPG. It can also still be had for dirt cheap, so pick it up if you see it.

18.   Bully

19.   Grand Theft Auto 3 – I remember having a lot of fun with this game back in the day. A little rough around the edges compared to its sequels, but nobody can deny the impact this game had.

20.   Silent Hill 4: The Room – A bit of a departure for the series that has both its good and bad points. I generally enjoyed it overall, but it's definitely a mixed bag.

A few thoughts:

I would have loved to have included Persona 4 on my list and put it in the number 1 spot, but I only played the Vita version and wasn't sure how close the two experiences were. If it's anything like comparing Persona 5 to P5 Royal, then I think there are too many changes for me to include P4 without having played the PS2 version. I also had a similar dilemma with Dragon Quest VIII versus its 3DS counterpart.

There are quite a few games that I played a long time ago that could have been potential contenders for my list, but it's been so long that I really don't remember them at all. These include (but are not limited to) Tekken Tag Tournament, Kessen, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS2, Devil May Cry, and possibly some WWF/E Smackdown games.

I'm really disappointed that not a single other person voted for Silent Hill 2.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2021, 07:12:47 PM »

@shaggy - a high five!!

@disposed hero - that was one of my tough cuts. That one and Castle Shikigami 2 hurt to bit make my list. I had way to many games I wanted on mine. This was the hardest one for me to put together yet

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2021, 09:06:56 PM »

I'm really disappointed that not a single other person voted for Silent Hill 2.

I played it on Xbox so I couldn't put it on this list.

SMS set complete!
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2021, 06:05:39 PM »

Gotta ask, was Mercenaries even on anyone else's radar? I put it as my #1, and was shocked that no one else even had it in their top 20.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 07:17:26 PM »

Gotta ask, was Mercenaries even on anyone else's radar? I put it as my #1, and was shocked that no one else even had it in their top 20.

I never heard of it.

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2021, 01:38:35 PM »

I have a natural dislike for any military themed game so it was never a contender for me.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2021, 01:41:39 PM »

I think I played it a bit on the XBOX back in the day, but it didn't really grab me at the time. Had a similar experience with the sequel. Wasn't on my radar when putting my list together.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length