RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:42:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July 2021 Playthrough - Skyblazer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: July 2021 Playthrough - Skyblazer  (Read 6084 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: June 08, 2021, 09:41:40 AM »

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
douglie007
Disposed Hero
MetalFRO
Mr_Stubbes
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 09:41:14 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 09:51:57 AM »

Well you should know just to put my name down lol

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 10:44:00 AM »

Nice! This is a really awesome game and among my favorite sidescrolling action-platformers, so I'd recommend everyone who can to check this one out. It's also pretty short, so I'm gonna try to get in on it with a replay as well!

Mr_Stubbes
SNES
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 10:59:45 AM »

Well you should know just to put my name down lol

Ditto. Lol

But yeah I’m in as well. Just need to source a copy.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 04:47:00 PM »

I've heard good things about this game. Not ready to pay street price for a copy, but I wouldn't be opposed to firing it up on the MiSTer, or via flash cart.

Mr_Stubbes
SNES
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 06:47:17 PM »

I've heard good things about this game. Not ready to pay street price for a copy, but I wouldn't be opposed to firing it up on the MiSTer, or via flash cart.

Especially when you add in the "pandemic markup". I'm going to try and source a real copy locally for a better deal. I got about a month, so I'm sure I'll find something.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 09:40:18 AM »

Yeah, the current market sucks but there are good games that we would like to play. Source and play it how you can. As always, this is a judge-free zone. Wink

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
SNES
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 03:47:45 PM »

I was able to get a copy locally much cheaper than what’s being asked online. I’ve never heard of this title until now and from the gameplay I’ve seen of it, I’m really excited to play this next month.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 07:52:47 AM »

I don't have a copy so I'll be using my fxpak pro

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 08:56:59 PM »

Ready to dig into this soon. It's a busy July for me, so hoping to knock it out sometime this week or next. Speaking of, no checkpoints for this one, since it's a rather short game. Good luck everyone!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 04:55:50 AM »

I gave it a try yesterday, not a bad platformer.  The tower climbs boss keeps killing me so need to work on a strat for him.

Mr_Stubbes
SNES
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2021, 06:56:55 PM »

I started this today as well and made it past the Ice Castle Boss. I’m not really good at platformers but the controls feel a little wonky. Also the hit detection is a little weird as well. Nothing about these two things are game breaking, but they’ll definitely take some time getting used too.

I gave it a try yesterday, not a bad platformer.  The tower climbs boss keeps killing me so need to work on a strat for him.

Spoilers ahead in case you want to go into this fight blind.
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 07:13:10 PM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

Mr_Stubbes
SNES
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 12:04:59 AM »

So I actually just powered through this and made it to the final boss. However I was unable to defeat him in his final form. Without spoiling anything after some tricky platforming the last level sees the return of 5 previous boss encounters before squaring off with Ashura, if you’re lucky to beat his first phase, you then get to fight is final/ultimate form. Like other platformers of the SNES era. If you run out of lives you will have to start the entire level over again. I’m a bit frustrated so I’m going to take a break for now, but I’m planning to give the final level another go soon.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 12:06:47 AM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

Mr_Stubbes
SNES
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 10:37:32 AM »

Made another attempt on my lunch break and was able to defeat Ashura’s final form. I’ll let everyone else get a jump in this before I give my final thoughts.

[img width=700 height=438]https://i.imgur.com/3dhNEh2.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=500]https://i.imgur.com/xG2j0ta.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=483]https://i.imgur.com/40kaGHa.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=431]https://i.imgur.com/knzSNho.jpg[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 12:34:08 PM »

Congrats Stubbes!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length