RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:48:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo Wii Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii Discussion  (Read 32533 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »

lol i still cant believe you are moaning about the price Of the system and controllers yet totally ignoring what James has posted about what the converted UK prices will be, I wish we were getting the things as cheap as you were and in such numbers 3 weeks earlier!!

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2006, 03:29:33 AM »

Come on Alabama you know we have to pay through the nose for everything over here. It's still a bargain compared to the 360 though.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2006, 09:32:23 AM »

Well, other than the 'mote since that's pretty much required for Wii games.

Correct

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tan
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2006, 07:54:28 PM »

i hope to hell for our friends across the pond who own Gamecubes that this article is wrong:

Twilight Princess

somehow the part about only North America getting it seemed to slip past me the first time i read it.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2006, 01:40:28 AM »

Ha ha, Wii is going to suck...

more money out of your pockets than you thought it would  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Really though, it's going to be a weird, quirky (a.k.a. Japanese) fun box and maybe it'll sell out the wazoo because of its price tag; it'll definitely sell well in Japan, but I really don't see parents of the West buying something like this for their kids when you can buy a 360 or PS3 which satiates the chilluns and is also an entertainment center. And I really don't see parents buying the kids a 360 because it's an outdated piece of dung.

All we need is PS3.

Once again, the blu-ray thing comes up.

Once again, I say these things to keep the balance of the world.

Once again, I need to go to sleep.

When shall his new form be revealed?
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2006, 02:44:24 AM »

i hope to hell for our friends across the pond who own Gamecubes that this article is wrong:

Twilight Princess

somehow the part about only North America getting it seemed to slip past me the first time i read it.

Well I hope that's a f'ing joke. It isn't the end of the world though as importing games for the Gamecube is a piece of piss and you only need a disc to bypass the code, but never the less its Europe who get the raw deal yet again.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2006, 08:47:34 AM »

All we need is PS3...Once again, I say these things to keep the balance of the world.

In the spirit of not turning this post into a flame fest, I'll just say this, and I can't speak for anyone else but...

LEON, YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR ME! If all YOU need is PS3, then fine, that's all YOU need.

And it sounds to me like your "balance" argument only serves as an excuse for you to have a self-imposed license to flame under the disguise of a disclaimer.

If you want to provide a good, well-structured argument, then do it. Otherwise, I'm sick of this crap and I refuse to argue with you further because I don't want to be brought down to your level.

And with all due respect, and no offense, I'm only saying these things to put things back into "balance"... Roll Eyes

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2006, 10:24:28 AM »

I do believe I did put SOME fairly well structured argument in that post. Of course it's highlighted by dung and such but still pretty much all the stuff in the middle is valid argument.

I have personally come to believe the Wii isn't worth the while though.

After it's all said and done you spend 300$+ for what I believe to be, as Tondog said, a slightly upgraded GC.

You remember that parody of the Mac VS. PC with Wii VS. PS3? Haha very phunny, but I don't want to buy a dumb blonde when I can buy a well educated, if slightly obese, brunette.

Truth is, unless I can pirate one, I won't be getting any of these systems for a long time.

But I still like arguing about them. Wink

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2006, 10:33:48 AM »

that is an interesting point, this will be nintendos first time with a standard media format.  the online component will probably have to be disabled, but i would imagine the wii will be heavily pirated, where carts and mini dvds made piracy enough of a pain to keep the problem contained on the n64 and cube.
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2006, 10:38:01 AM »

...its Europe who get the raw deal yet again.

Kinda straying off-topic for a bit...why does this statement always seem to be true?  Maybe I'm a little uneducated when it comes to the marketing strategies for these companies, but it always seems Europe gets a raw deal when it comes to games, systems, and the like.  You guys always seem to be the last people to get "stuff" released.  Why is that?

Also, I'm a little confused about this statement from that article:

Instead the final GameCube game is scheduled to hit retailers across North America December 11.

Are they talking about Twilight Princess being released 12/11 or that the absolutely last game to be released on the Cube will be on 12/11?  Is the Cube officially dead?

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2006, 11:02:23 AM »

Kinda straying off-topic for a bit...why does this statement always seem to be true?  Maybe I'm a little uneducated when it comes to the marketing strategies for these companies, but it always seems Europe gets a raw deal when it comes to games, systems, and the like.  You guys always seem to be the last people to get "stuff" released.  Why is that?

The Game Cube has been dead for months over here however now, and to be fair it was never really alive. Retailers never really supported it, with it usually being hidden at the back of the shop with puny little displays. There might be one or two games a month which are usually multi-platform titles any way released on it. Even EA Sports games aren't being released on it any more, and you know how much EA can't resist cashing in. Nintendo probably don't see it being cost effective releasing it here, and it's probably true.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »

...its Europe who get the raw deal yet again.

Kinda straying off-topic for a bit...why does this statement always seem to be true?  Maybe I'm a little uneducated when it comes to the marketing strategies for these companies, but it always seems Europe gets a raw deal when it comes to games, systems, and the like.  You guys always seem to be the last people to get "stuff" released.  Why is that?

Also, I'm a little confused about this statement from that article:

Instead the final GameCube game is scheduled to hit retailers across North America December 11.

Are they talking about Twilight Princess being released 12/11 or that the absolutely last game to be released on the Cube will be on 12/11?  Is the Cube officially dead?

They didnt get the raw deal on the C64 and Amiga LOL.

Sounds like it will be officially dead but it has been dead for a year or so already.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2006, 12:25:43 PM »

Dont know why but from the start the Gamecube was never pushed like the other systems, might have something to do with it not being a "pikey" system like the Sony ones are.

Saying that the Dreamcast wasn't pushed either.

In reply to AndyC i wasn't saying we pay too much (thought we do) for our stuff its just by comparison there prices are much cheaper, i think in Australia there even more expensive.

As for getting the things later that other markets the same again we can get things late but we tend to get the better Japanese versions of games/systems not all messed about with E.G SNES

Again i think Australia and Brazil get there stuff allot later.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2006, 02:54:35 PM »

Wasn't pushed? For both the systems you mentioned it's more like, didn't sell to the teenage caucasians.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2006, 07:06:21 AM »

no they weren't pushed ,you couldn't move here for seeing PSX and PS2 shit all over the place when they came out and you know its going to be the same for the PS3, its no wonder the local scum only buy that as thats all they know some dumb bastards now even think they are all called Playstations.

P.S. Playstation is a shit and gay word

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length