RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:21:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo Wii Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii Discussion  (Read 32314 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2006, 09:32:38 AM »

Wait, November 19th is a Sunday.  I don't think this is the real release date.  The 21st is more realistic.  I guess we will know in an hour and a half!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tan
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2006, 09:37:46 AM »

it actually started an hour and a half ago, all the details are done and out now
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2006, 10:08:21 AM »

it actually started an hour and a half ago, all the details are done and out now

Japan is already started, the US is 11 Central time.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tan
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2006, 10:41:39 AM »

Nintendo  NYC (Kotaku)

1up coverage
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:50:45 AM by Tan » Logged
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2006, 11:37:38 AM »

So, a pack-in game?  Awesome!  I'm not so sure about spending the extra $40+ for another controller, but if it's got the ability to store your own personal character (did I read that right), $40+ doesn't seem to bad.  I'm calling Gamecrazy as soon as I can to see if I can reserve one.

And free on-line?  Nice!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:39:13 AM by Pop Culture Portal » Logged

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »

i have cripplenet at work and cant access much (though i can come here without any hassel), was there any mention of what colors it will come in? i really want a red one, as i am sick and tired of white/black/grey consoles
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 12:08:35 PM »

White and white only in all territories, it seems.

Personally I am pleased, a little surprised with $250, but it is a lot less than $600. And I get a free game! Yay.

Personally I am shocked by the "channel" system. I didn't think Nintendo would try something that seemed comprehensive.

Hello World.
Tan
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2006, 01:57:18 PM »

So, a pack-in game?  Awesome!  I'm not so sure about spending the extra $40+ for another controller, but if it's got the ability to store your own personal character (did I read that right), $40+ doesn't seem to bad.  I'm calling Gamecrazy as soon as I can to see if I can reserve one.

And free on-line?  Nice!

i'd agree with the $40 if it included the nunchuk
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2006, 02:09:19 PM »

I can't access the sites right now, so I have a few questions:

1. Did they say that the controller included with the console would have the nunchuck attachment?

2. Is $40 the cost of 1 controller with a nunchuck or without? If it's withoug, what's the price of a nunchuck only?

3. Does the console come with a component video (Red/Green/Blue) cable or just the composite (Red/Yellow/White)? And how much is the component cable if it's sold separately?

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2006, 02:57:28 PM »

1. Did they say that the controller included with the console would have the nunchuck attachment?
It's got both.

2. Is $40 the cost of 1 controller with a nunchuck or without? If it's withoug, what's the price of a nunchuck only?
40 is the cost of one 'mote without a nunchuck. You gotta pay and extra $20 for the nunchuck.

3. Does the console come with a component video (Red/Green/Blue) cable or just the composite (Red/Yellow/White)? And how much is the component cable if it's sold separately?
I think it's just composite, and I don't know what the component would cost.

So yeah, I'm not getting a Wii at launch. The pricing is insane for something that's only a little bit better than Gamecube.

Oh and by the way, you gotta buy the Opera browser. However, I don't have a problem with that because I would love to support Opera for the great work they do with their Windows browser.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 03:00:08 PM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2006, 03:11:22 PM »

Very very cool Smiley

250 isn't bad at all.

And 40$s for the controller isn't bad either.
Isn't the 360 one 50$s?

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2006, 04:26:35 PM »

Yeah, but don't forget you gotta buy the nunchuk for an extra 20.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2006, 05:38:46 PM »

Initially I was honestly surprised that the console would be $250 dollars. I was shocked an horrified that the Wii-mote w/ Nunchuk would set be back $60. I am disappointed that Corruption is delayed. Initally I can say that I was pretty horrified and shocked. Two-hundred and fifty dollars?! Is it worth it? I don't know.

I then decided to look at Nintendo's website, as well as all the videos on Kotaku. I think that after seeing those videos I am a little more placated with the fact that I'll being dropping $250 for the system. I like the menu. I like how there are channels, and each one appears to be rather distinctive. I like the create your own character aspect, or create your many character aspects. I think the price of the Virtual Console games is manageable, though the only game I really want for VC is Chrono Trigger (PLEASE!!!). Come to think of it, 4 player Uniracers would also kick ass. Hell Nintendo, if you visit this site, and I doubt you do, Uniracers Wii. Honestly, seeing those videos made me pretty happy about the system.

That doesn't mean I am not POed about certain things. One color?! Damn, I wanted black. What happened to the Wii will launch before PS3 mantra? Maybe they know something that wii don't. If Sony continues to wait in making the console we may not be seeing the PS3 in any region this year. What about Metroid, I wanted a game to be delayed, but Metroid?! Sigh. Oh well, I guess that it will make other potential purchases easier. What the hell is up with the $60* controller? Am I made of money? Is the nunchuk really that complex? Is the American economy secretly doing awesome right now where I am supposed to have a lot of money? If so tell me, but $60* for a controller is a little high.
It is those things that sour the day.

All in all I think that Nintendo will weather the storm of naysayers, and I honestly think that once people play the console they'll be hooked. It happened with apprehensive developers, what says it won't happen with apprehensive gamers? Play before you say it sucks, you are entitled to hold off on buying something, but don't you think we should reserve judgement of whether the thing is horrible until after we've played it?** We're, for the most part, adults here, let's not use the "This is Gay because it is gay argument" If we are going to say it sucks then provide substantial evidence to back it up.

I think Nintendo delivered big today, I honestly expected them to wait a little longer to reveal everything, but somehow they spilled what appears to be most everything today. Here's looking forward to November 19.

Hello World.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2006, 06:08:56 PM »

you dont have to buy anything there not making you!

As for the price its not allot for what is really a very clever bit of kit and besides be happy they will be the equivlent of double the price her in England

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2006, 09:10:06 PM »

I just finished watching the press conference and the gamespot crew's walkthrough.

So far, the system seems impressive.

I do wonder some things:

1. Will it play standard movie DVDs? My guess is that it should be able to.
2. Will it have backward compatibility with ports to play NES, SNES, and N64 carts as well as GameCube disks?
3. What is the game save storage capacity? And would memory cards be needed? 

I like the pack in game idea, as well as the mii and the fact that each system will have both a controller with a nunchuck. That idea encourages system sales on 2 levels: the controller will be able to store/transfer mii data when friends get together to play, and it's less cost effective to buy just the controller with a nunchuck when you can get the whole controller package with the system. Smart marketing on Nintendo's part.

All in all, I'm encouraged by what I've seen thus far. And their management plan seems solid. However, I'm still not geeked enough about it to be motivated to buy one at launch. Probably 2008 or later for me (when the price is likely to drop to under $200 and the launch games have gone down in price as well).

I'll say this much, though. Sony better be prepared to knock the socks off of the crowd at the TGS or else the PS3 is going to be dead in the water before launch. In which case I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the PS3 reservations out there turn into Wii60s.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 09:11:45 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length