RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:35:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo Wii Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii Discussion  (Read 32309 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2006, 03:48:47 PM »

There is a ridculous trend of companies releasing the same prices for games in every country, not taking into account the value of the currency i.e. games being 49.99 pounds and dollars.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 08:26:06 AM »

Wow!  I guessed $200.  $150 would be awesome!!  Only two days to go...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 08:42:02 AM »

Good to see the Wii is set to be region free, it should make it a little easier to get games over in Britain, as it seems to take months after games have been released in Japan and the US to make their way over here.

Wha?! Where'd you hear that?

IGN- article with someone at Nintendo marketing

The question: The DS has been an overwhelming success. Are you looking into using the same fundamentals — like, for instance, its region-free standard — for Wii?

Perrin Kaplan: Clearly, the success of Nintendo DS has offered a lot of lessons about what works in the marketplace — and we certainly intend to keep our fans satisfied. For the Wii system, we are finalizing all the relevant details and will be making announcements in the coming months. We know that isn't what you all want to hear (or read) but at least we are being honest! We will share a lot of ways people can play globally, regionally, without boundaries. You're right that the region-free approach has proved to be a successful and attractive feature for Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection on Nintendo DS — we have even blown the doors off our own anticipated numbers! Cost, ease-of-use and player privacy are the three things that were a focus for us with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Those priorities also will apply to the Wii system.

This could either mean the software is region free or the on-line capabilities are region free, I understand that Sony a rumoured to be releasing the PS3 region free so Nintendo may also follow the trend.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 09:28:43 AM »

I understand that Sony a rumoured to be releasing the PS3 region free so Nintendo may also follow the trend.
I laughed at that.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 09:44:46 AM »

I understand that Sony a rumoured to be releasing the PS3 region free so Nintendo may also follow the trend.
I laughed at that.

I did too. I stole that off IGN too.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 03:08:05 PM »

One day to go....

SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 03:10:18 PM »

ARRRGGGHHHH I NEED A PRICE PRESS RELEASE!

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 03:26:09 PM »

Gotta be really close. I noticed at lunch today that they're taking reservations for Red Steel at EB.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 05:22:17 PM »

They've been doing that for a while, they just have yet to take Wii console preorders.

Well, the shit hits the fan tonight, with Japan being first. America comes tomorrow at 10, and Europe on Friday. Excitement is gripping.

Hello World.
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 07:13:41 PM »

@ TraderJake: Will we have an idea what our price will be due to the Japan price? Or would it be cheaper in Japan?

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2006, 08:54:56 PM »

@ TraderJake: Will we have an idea what our price will be due to the Japan price? Or would it be cheaper in Japan?

I assume we will get a pretty good idea of the price based on the Japanese price of Yens

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 06:16:24 AM »

How fitting my 900th post is about the Wii!!!!!!!!  According to Nintendojo.com  the Wii is set to launch November 19th and cost $250.  Here is the story: http://www.nintendojo.com.../view_item.php?1158210496.  It seems the New York Times and Seattle PI sent there stories out early and than were pulled and than sent out again.  This seems like the date and price but could change when 9, 10, 11, and 12 come about.

SMS set complete!
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 06:25:23 AM »

Sorry, I had a headache yesterday and went to sleep really early.

What I do know is that I'll be calling gamestop everyday starting today asking if they are taking console preorders yet.

Kinda happy the console is bundled with Wii Sports, kinda wish it would have been $200, but then nothing official has been said by the man with the plan.

Hello World.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 07:23:28 AM »

Sorry, I had a headache yesterday and went to sleep really early.

What I do know is that I'll be calling gamestop everyday starting today asking if they are taking console preorders yet.

Kinda happy the console is bundled with Wii Sports, kin$a wish it would have been $200, but then nothing official has been said by the man with the plan.

You sure are up early for having a headache!!!  I really wish $200 was the price, too, but $250 isn't bad considering what the other 2 consoles are priced at and you actually get a pack-in game!  They haven't had pack-in games at launch since the SNES/Turbo Grafx/Genesis era

SMS set complete!
Tan
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 09:30:18 AM »

i was a little surprised Metroid was delayed, i thought for sure it was a launch title, although the pricing of  hardware and services was to be expected i didn't expect $60US for the wii-mote/nunchuk combo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length