RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:44:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Now can we declare certain victory for PSP? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Now can we declare certain victory for PSP?  (Read 10188 times)
Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2006, 09:45:29 PM »

I figured I'd bump this post back up since the DS seems to be creaming the PSP, and it seems quite likely the creaming will continue for a while.  Sometimes it just feels good to be right Smiley

OD
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 09:46:25 PM by Odonadon » Logged

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
NDiddy
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2006, 01:10:44 AM »

How come in video games its ok to have such blatant brand loyalty but any where else its frowned upon? Do you people cry over getting pepsi or coca-cola? Do you fret over which laundry detergent and dishwashing soap you get? It wouldnt be they end of the world if any  of the console makers die I wouldnt even shed any tears at all lets worry about the games and not the consoles and besides the DS is the "trendy" system now does that make you all sick inside to know that? That its the big seller and not the PSP that its among the ranks of Halo and GTA two games that were called overrated on this very thread.
Why do we commend and applaud companys that fail time and time again (Nintendo, SEGA Atari), but hate on the success of the companys that will ensure video games will be around for decades to come ( Sony, Microsoft )? I know we are all supposed to be elite hardcore gamers with taste above and beyond they regular consumer but why do we let prejudices get in the way of just enjoying games? Now grant it I have a problem with the DS but its not the brand its the fact that my hands shake irregularly and I cant use the stylus to enjoy any of its better games at all, I wish I could play trauma center and feel the magic but I cant. We should all feel lucky that we can play any games and stop hating on them because their made by certain companys and the same goes for systems their made by corporations whose only care concerning you is whether you'll by their flimsy plastic piece of shit thats going to overheat in five years. To quote Kanye West in away...

Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft doesnt care about anyone! So why should we care if they live or die?

[img width=360 height=72]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/netwetty/ndiddycopy.jpg[/img]
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2006, 02:08:30 AM »

I figured I'd bump this post back up since the DS seems to be creaming the PSP, and it seems quite likely the creaming will continue for a while.  Sometimes it just feels good to be right Smiley

OD

Do you have any figures to back up that claim? Not that I don't believe you, but I've only seen japanese sales figures.
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2006, 07:22:59 AM »

im excited....ill look forward to picking that one up for my psp once i get it

hahaha....it's funny reading what I said almost a year ago, knowing now that I have my psp and i don't want that game.....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2006, 09:00:38 AM »

@NDiddy: I don't know about anyone else, but most of the time, the games I enjoy come out on Nintendo consoles and PS2.  Very rarely is there an Xbox game that interests me, and because of that, I usually have some skepticism as to whether or not the newest release for the '360 is going to be something I'll like.  I have very specific taste in games, and unlike Pepsi or Cola (which I can drink either of and my thirst is still quenched), I'm not going to get nearly as much enjoyment out of Madden NFL '06 or Kameo as I would with Atelier Iris or Animal Crossing.  And, because I know I'll get ragged on for this, I'm not going to leave out the Xbox games I enjoy, either.  I own 4 Xbox games: Dai Senryaku VII, Morrowind, Jet Set Radio Future, and Metal Slug 3.  The only other games on that system that interest me enough to buy them are Shenmue II and Kotor I & II.  Also, there is only one game on Xbox 360 that sounds interesting to me, and it hasn't even been released yet, nor is it an exclusive title.  Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.  (And if I owned a PC that could handle it, I wouldn't have any interest in Xbox 360.)  I'm not going to lie, I'm biased, but that's only because Microsoft hasn't done anything to impress me thus far.

I'm not criticising anyone, you can like what you like and that's cool.  I'm just trying to show that gaming biases have a lot more to stand on than most other industries.  (A big example of an industry with biases is the music industry.  I won't even get started on that...)

- Zac
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 09:01:35 AM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2006, 09:04:45 AM »

Madden 06 came out on all consoles.
Bad example.
Please pick an exclusive title that you do not like for future comparison of exclusive PS2 and GCN titles.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »

Yeah...sorry...that just seems to be one of those "must-buy" games on Xbox.  How about HALO!!??!!!?!  OMFG I R TEH HATE HALO SO MUCH LOL WTF WHY R U GAY FAGS PLAYING THAT IT IS SO DUMB.

Hahaha...

(And yes, I am making fun of myself.)

- Zac
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 09:08:32 AM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »

lol
Halo 3 preorders have been going on here for a month or so.

Anyways I only personally know 2 people with a PSP and one of them owns a DS as well.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2006, 09:51:30 AM »

There's one person I see regularly that owns a PSP, and he's the guy who wrote the Halo article I posted that generated so much buzz.  He bought a PSP for Metal Gear Ac!d, and two weeks after beating it, his screen died.  He got super pissed for a while, sent it in to Sony, and then they shipped him a nice, shiny, fully-working one.  Now he's enjoying Popolocrois (or, as Vlad, who is no longer posting here, calls it, "Popolononocrisis" laugh), Tokobot, and Legend of Heroes, but he still hates Sony for releasing such a flimsy system.  Some people are never satisfied...

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2006, 06:51:59 PM »

I love Pespi and hate Coke!!!!!!! Wink (actuall that is true)

I don't hate Sony because they are a huge sucess. I hate them becasue their shit breaks all the time. Then again in 10 years all CD based systems out now prolly won't work but my 2600-Genesis will.  laugh

Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2006, 09:15:08 PM »

I just have a problem with anyone expecting me to pay so much money for a video game system, especially a portable system.  Why do you think I never have owned a Turbo Express, yet I'm a huge PC Engine/TurboGrafx fan?  It doesn't have anything to do with the company, I just think Sony has it all wrong this time and will ultimately lose this battle.

As far as sales figures go to support my claim that the DS is "creaming the PSP", I didn't necessarily mean in the financial arena, though I'm pretty sure the DS is winning if the Japanese sales figures tell us anything (see Nep's post).  I firmly believe the DS is all around better - innovative games (not simply console ports), unique methods of control (Mic and touch screen), not to mention two screens and great battery life.  The only thing it doesn't have going for it is looks - the DS is an ugly little machine while the PSP is gorgeous.  However, knowing Nintendo, I'll bet money there will be at least 2 more DS form factors coming out in the future.

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

I think the DS looks pretty sleek.  In my book, simple is better when it comes to design.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 09:42:17 AM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2006, 11:01:15 AM »

I agree with Odonadon the PSP is pretty and teh DS is UGLY!

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2006, 11:25:16 AM »

I'll go ahead an say it,

PSP is sexy, has a lot of games you can play on your home console

DS is ugly, but has a lot more original and enjoyable games than PSP.

GBA SP is sexy, has a lot of games unique to the system, and was designed in a way that makes it resistant to wear and tear.

I give my kudos to the design of the GBA SP.

Hello World.
yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2006, 06:15:53 AM »

http://www.gamasutra.com/...news_index.php?story=7797

The DS is dominating the PSP in Japan at least, with the consoles outselling the PSP 2 to 1, and several games in the top 10 sellers for all year.

And while that's not the US, it's pretty clear that the PSP has an uphill battle to climb.  

The DS may not be as sexy, but it's a better machine for games.   Kids can drop a DS and it'll bounce back just fine compared to a fragile PSP.

The PSP is better for browsing the internet or listening to MP3s.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length