RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:59:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collecting Goals for 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Collecting Goals for 2012  (Read 13982 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »

Goals for 2012:

-Get remaining Nintendo 64 hardware
--Grape console
--Gold controller
--Millennium 2000 controller
-Get a CIB copy of Star Fox 64
-Get a copy of Super Metroid (SNES, cart only OK)
-Keep under 800 games
-Sell off remaining duplicates and unwanted items

Half year update:

I still need to get the N64 hardware, a CIB copy of Star Fox 64, and Super Metroid.

Otherwise, I've been pretty successful.  I've kept under 800 games (at ~516 right now), and I've been pretty successful at selling off my duplicates and unwanted items.  If anyone is interested in anything on my trade list, send me a PM!
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »

blcklblskt, YGM

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 01:15:33 PM »

Replied to, sir.
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 02:01:03 PM »

To start over...after 2-3 years of life in hell, I will use my current, yet very outdated collection list here to begin anew!  Time to go find Hannah Montana for the PS3...

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »

I have taken a year off from collecting and I am now back in it.

I believe a year ago, I was trying to building on my Sega Collection.
I did stall out, and was not able to get anything due to funds.

My Goal for this year is:
Get half of all U.S. released Sega Genesis Games ( I have about 55 games so far), I gotta long way to go.
Secondary Goal Collect All U.S.  Released Castlevania Games.

I have almost completed my goal of owning all Sega Consoles ( I am not sure about counting Third Party Sega Consoles, i.e.: JVC X'Eye)
-Still missing: SG-1000, Sega Master System. Sega Nomad

nes_pimp
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2012, 12:23:26 PM »

Complette my licensed nes set
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2012, 11:00:12 PM »

FWIW, RetroRage, World Series Baseball is still going up on price, while Web of Fire is actually slowly going down in price. Also, World Series Baseball is rarer than Web of Fire...

well then....that's discouraging.  i was hoping Web of Fire was the only rare title.  i found and bought a sealed copy of the Fred Couples golf game for $2 last week.  that's gotta be worth something right?

Cellplanman
Memorex VIS
Canada

Stats
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »

Ive been wanting a 64DD for quite some time now. I remember one being sold a few years back on rfgen. Kicking myself for not buying it.
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »

I suppose my goals are a little less ambitious than most, but my finances pretty much have to dictate my expectations.

My first goal is to get my collection organized. I need at least one more shelf to start making my collection look presentable. I also want to get all of the proper connectors for my systems. I seem to have misplaced some switches, so I need to get some RF-Coax connectors, among other things. I own some systems that I haven't even tested yet (i.e., my Fairchild Channel F) - More or less done. I'd like to improve my game displaying

My second goal is to complete my Master System collection -- a list I created a long time ago of games I'd like to try. Most of what I have left are titles from series (though there are a few stand-alone games too): Castle and World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse, Alex Kidd in Hi Tech World, Wonderboy, Fantasy Zone II, Zillion II, Golvellus, R-Type. - Haven't touched this

My third is goal is simply to be able to commit to buying at least one new piece for my collection every week. I don't want to fall in collecting lulls. I always want to show some progress, even if it's adding a $2 NES game, so be it - done

My fourth goal is to obtain all 3 of the RPG/Board games for the Odyssey 2. I've been thinking of trying pen and paper RPGs a bit and this might ease the transition. I think they also look great as collectibles. - Almost picked up two of these, but condition factored in

My fifth goal is to add to my 16-bit system game collections, in general. While I don't have crazy collections like many on this board (I'm envious of so many of you), my 8-bit system collections are much stronger than my 16-bit collections. I currently have ~50 NES games and ~30 SMS games. Contrast that with maybe a dozen SNES games, 5 Genesis games and 10 TG-16 . I'd like to improve on all 5 of those numbers, but the latter 3, especially. - I did add a few but I have a long way to go

My 6th goal is to add more systems to my collection. I started collecting systems and only later, really delved into games. It's actually been a long time since I've added a system to my collection. I would still like to add some systems to my collection though. These are a few I'm looking for: Magnavox Odyssey, Emerson Arcadia, RCA Studio 2 (maybe), Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, Sega 32X, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox (original). - Haven't acquired any yet, but came very close

My 7th goal is to start actually selling stuff that I have no intention of keeping. Right now, I'm sitting on several things that I just don't care for (i.e., pong clones, a spare 2600, a spare Colecovision with a card reader error (wouldn't mind fixing it)). So far, I've been too lazy to actually list things online. I can't keep doing that. - Nothing sold yet

My 8th goal is to add more reputable titles to my collection. I have started going in that direction of late, but I need to commit to it even more. So far, I've been settling for adding a couple $10 games and a couple $5 games in favour of adding one reputable game for $30. I have to get myself out of that frame of mind a little more often. - this has been my focus of late. I refined my list of "must haves" for a few systems and I've been focusing on them

My final (stated) goal, is to actually beat a couple of games. I'm different from most people in this hobby in that I'm rarely coming at it from a nostalgic point of view. I certainly played some video games as a kid, but I doubt I ever would have garnered the label of "gamer". I even went several years without touching a game. I started collecting because the history of the industry fascinated me. I started reading about games a lot and then started listening to vintage gaming podcasts and watching youtube videos. I eventually got to a point where I needed to see these things in person in order to satisfy my curiosity. That's when I started buying games - Haven't beaten much solo, but my buddy and I did beat Mega Man2 and almost beat Whomp 'Em    
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:15:37 AM by jansolee66 » Logged
Nightowljrm
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »

I'm hoping to reach 300 NES games by the end of the year. I have a little under 60 to go. Eek!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »

I'm hoping to reach 300 NES games by the end of the year. I have a little under 60 to go. Eek!

You should have enough cheap ones left on your list that it wouldnt be too hard.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Nightowljrm
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »

You should have enough cheap ones left on your list that it wouldnt be too hard.

Oh, yeah. I have plenty of cheap ones to buy. But still, I might wanna pursue high-profile ones for a while. We'll see what happens!
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2012, 10:21:51 AM »

My main goal right now is to make some real headway on my NES collection. I'm only at 23 games right now. I'd like to try and hit 100 by the end of the year, but if that proves too unreasonable I'm hoping to at least get all of the black label/pixel art carts.

I wouldn't mind building up my N64 collection a bit more too. I don't have any specific number in mind, but if I can get my current total from 16 games to at least 30-50 I think by year's end I'll be in good shape.
inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2012, 01:28:25 PM »

My unofficial thoughts have turned into a real goal. I won't hit it by years end by any means, but I'm officially going for a complete CIB sega cd collection. Longgg way to go, but I've managed to cross off lots of the expensive titles already.
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2012, 09:31:40 PM »

Goals for the rest of the year... hmm.  I'd like to add a ColecoVision to my collection.  I also need to work on my SNES collection, my Atari 2600 collection managed to get larger than the SNES and I find that somewhat disturbing.  A Famicom is also in my sights,  I should hopefully be crossing off the Super Famicom from my list shortly when some packages arrive from Japan.

Other than that, I haven't got any exciting goals outside of dreaming that I'll come across a "5 dollar" holy grail at a pawn shop or thrift store.  laugh
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length