RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:34:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collecting Goals for 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Collecting Goals for 2012  (Read 13806 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »

Finding a complete Pitfall w/ Poster = more of a pain

Wink

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 10:08:20 AM »

OK, time to actually write my goals down and keep track of them.

Hardware Goals

Sega CDX-CIB
Pioneer LaserActive-loose
Miracle for NES-CIB
Konami LaserScope
Atari Jaguar-Boxed would be nice, but not necessary

Software Goals

Complete US 32X Library-3 games and 1 manual left
Slam City
Spiderman Web of Fire
World Series Baseball
WWF Raw (manual)

300 CIB NES games by the end of 2012
Complete Konami NES "Silver Box" set - 3 games left
Gradius
Laser Invasion
Track and Field

Complete NES "Black Box" set - lots of games left (I know this will take years, and lots of money)
I'm giving myself a goal of 3 CIB Black Box games per year.  Mainly because I have most of the common ones and to spread out the financial burden.

CIB Nes Black Box Games
10-Yard Fight
Balloon Fight
Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr
Donkey Kong Jr Math
Duck Hunt
Excitebike
Golf
Gumshoe
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
Ice Climber
Kung Fu
Mach Rider
Mario Bros
Pinball
Popeye
Pro Wrestling
Slalom
Soccer
Stack Up
Super Mario Bros
Tennis
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:51:18 AM by wildbil52 » Logged

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »

I didn't know what you meant by Konami NES "Silver Box" so I Googled it and found this cool article:

http://thisischris.com/feature/2003/boxart.html

Cheesy

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 10:24:52 AM »

I didn't know what you meant by Konami NES "Silver Box" so I Googled it and found this cool article:

http://thisischris.com/feature/2003/boxart.html

Cheesy

Yeah, I've read that article before, it's a good one!  I organize my CIB NES games by publisher for that very reason.  They look WAY better that way.  My collection starts with NES Black box games, then the rest of the Nintendo published games, then Konami Silver boxes, Tecmo Games with the red stripe along the bottom, Capcom games, which vary a bit but are pretty similar, and my Tengen games are all together after the licensed games.  I really have to take some pictures.

RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »

I'm pretty new to all this, but this is where I'd like to be by the end of this year :

Fully modded, model one Genesis (S-Video, Composite, Overclock, Region Select)
4 x 6 Button Controllers
Multitap
400 CIB Genesis Games (including every 4 player title).

Move into a place with a room dedicated to hobbies/gaming!

I'm not going to spread my bets too much for this year and try to focus a little Smiley
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:20:11 PM by RobotCowhand » Logged
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »

I like these goals a lot.  It's good to focus!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »

I'm not going to spread my bets too much for this year and try to focus a little Smiley

Thats a great idea. I always get to side-tracked and my main goals end up pushed off each year.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 06:35:49 PM »

complete 32x library.  its a pretty easy goal, the toughest game to find is Web of Fire but that's it.  i don't have a ton of money or a lot of room, but i want at least one complete library in my collection

Toughest no most expensive yes. Finding a complete world Series Baseball is a pain.

i'm fine with just having the cart.  I'm
 not gonna spend $350 on a single game......yet

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 10:12:37 AM »

complete 32x library.  its a pretty easy goal, the toughest game to find is Web of Fire but that's it.  i don't have a ton of money or a lot of room, but i want at least one complete library in my collection

Toughest no most expensive yes. Finding a complete world Series Baseball is a pain.

Duke and Crabby have talked about it on the collectorcast, if you are a patient and smart collector, you will almost NEVER pay retail/ebay prices for most items.

There is a reason why every single collector has a story (or 2 or 17) about that unbelievable find that cost them next to nothing.  I was very lucky to grab a complete Pitfall for 32X with the poster for $40.  I talked to another collector who just couldn't wait and bought one for $150 from a guy on NA.  If he was patient and persistent, he probably could have found a better deal.

This is a great hobby and if there is any advice I would give to anyone in the beginning phase of their collecting, it would be to slow down a little and ENJOY it!  It's not a race to get to 5000 games, it's a stroll in a museum where you get to interact with the art.  Who would want to rush through that?

inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »

Duke and Crabby have talked about it on the collectorcast, if you are a patient and smart collector, you will almost NEVER pay retail/ebay prices for most items.

There is a reason why every single collector has a story (or 2 or 17) about that unbelievable find that cost them next to nothing.  I was very lucky to grab a complete Pitfall for 32X with the poster for $40.  I talked to another collector who just couldn't wait and bought one for $150 from a guy on NA.  If he was patient and persistent, he probably could have found a better deal.

This is a great hobby and if there is any advice I would give to anyone in the beginning phase of their collecting, it would be to slow down a little and ENJOY it!  It's not a race to get to 5000 games, it's a stroll in a museum where you get to interact with the art.  Who would want to rush through that?

perfectly said. if you go to fast, whats left to strive for ? the miracle find is always a much better payoff. sometimes its nice to treat yourself though. Smiley
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 08:23:30 PM »

FWIW, RetroRage, World Series Baseball is still going up on price, while Web of Fire is actually slowly going down in price. Also, World Series Baseball is rarer than Web of Fire...

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »

There is a guy (on Sega-16 I think) selling a WSB 32X cart for $40.  Not too bad.

portnoyd
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 07:53:06 PM »

Somehow get my collection into the RF Gen database without my eyeballs popping out of their sockets.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »

Somehow get my collection into the RF Gen database without my eyeballs popping out of their sockets.

Good luck with that, portnoyd. I know your dislike for nitpicking variants, and I'll be the first to let you know that we're working on something to help fix that, though it's a bit of a ways off. Just don't look at the Atari 2600 or Sega Master System databases and I think you'll survive.

Welcome to RFGeneration, though. Nice to see a familiar face.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »

Half Year Update:

Could have sworn I had a spot reserved here already, oh well.

Big 2012 Goal

NTSC-U Stadium Events cart and/or 600+ licensed NES games

Lesser 2012 Goals

Obatin at least one of the following systems with a few games: Master System, Jaguar, Vectrex, CD-i, Game & Watch, Pong Machine, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo [Pending deal on a CD-i]
2 CIB Virtual Boy Games
3DO Controller
AES Controller
New NAOMI game [No new NOAMI game, but I did pick up an awesome new Jamma Cab so I'm happy]

Goals in Gameroom

Build new controls for Arcade Cab
Build Controller Storage
New Shelving in Game Room
Hang stuff on walls

I hit one of my BIG goals for the year early on, and boy was it the one I was hoping it would be. Snapped up my SE cart from an Ebay auction for what I consider to be a great price. With about 6 months of the year left and some awesome rfgenners helping me pick up more NES carts I might even hit both of my big goals this year. In any case I'm already happy with how the year turned out.

We picked up a 3DS system this year which was nice, but it wasnt one of my target systems. Duke.Togo however may be hooking me up with a nice little CD-i bundle come this fall. That'll be a nice one to cross off the list.

I was really hoping to spend my arcade budget on getting a more interesting game into my NAOMI cab, but much to my surprise a sexy little TMNT 4-Player Jamma cab popped up locally! I'll take that in its place for sure!

I'm going to be focusing on my 600 NES game goal and the CD-i for the remainder of the year, so unfortunately I'm not sure I'll get to my other 3 collecting goals.

My Gameroom goals on the other hand have been an absoulute failure Sad Its so hard to pry money out of my relatively small gaming budget to put towards other areas, but its becoming a necessity. Cant put off new shelves forever.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length