RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:59:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collecting Goals for 2012 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Collecting Goals for 2012  (Read 13975 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »

Since there's only a few months left for 2012 my goals are to get started on my SNES and Genesis collections and find a power cable for my Genesis. I'm going to a swap meet this weekend so I think I'll complete at least one of those goals.

I think 5-10 titles for each console is a good way to kick start those collections.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »

I'm hoping to get to 500 NES games by the end of the year. I'm currently at 485, with one more coming in the mail. It's getting a lot tougher to find stuff I don't have.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2012, 11:21:39 PM »

I wanted to get to 300 by year's end. I've already done that, months ago. If I can just round up to the next 10 mark (which would be 330) in the next 4 weeks I'd be happy. Christmas should help.  Smiley

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2012, 03:15:26 AM »

Since the database dump, I don't remember all the goals I noted.  But I think the only one I'm still missing is to hit 100 Atari 2600 games,  I have some coming, but may come up short by just a few.  That's alright.  I had some big CIB SNES and N64 purchases, added some rare handhelds, and started aiming for the Atari 7800 series.  I must have been distracted.  Almost all my Atari's have to purchased online anyway.

wawa
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2012, 08:23:53 AM »

A Casio Loopy, or some rare Japanese obscure console nobody knows again. Then again, since I got a 2008 Honda Accord, my collection progress has slowed.
TSGTheSportsGamer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2012, 09:55:53 AM »

I didn't do too bad considering I spent more $$$ elsewhere and nearly sold my budding 3DS collection back in June (started collecting again for it in November after a hiatus).

-Get to 100 3DS Games (I'm at 90)
-Get to 10 PS Vita Games (I'm at 9)
-Decide what to ultimately do with my handful of "rare" games for other consoles I don't collect as much (I ended up selling a bunch, but not quite all, of my rarer modern releases, netted a nice $500 off of a handful of games)
-Get to 600 games overall (at 598)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:18:50 AM by TSGTheSportsGamer » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2012, 10:02:06 AM »

I didn't do too bad considering I spent more $$$ elsewhere and nearly sold my budding 3DS collection back in June (started collecting again for it in November after a hiatus).

-Get to 100 3DS Games (I'm at 83)
-Get to 10 PS Vita Games (I'm at 9, so I can get this one done)
-Decide what to ultimately do with my handful of "rare" games for other consoles I don't collect as much (I ended up selling a bunch, but not quite all, of my rarer modern releases, netted a nice $500 off of a handful of games)
-Get to 600 games overall (at 590, still maybe doable but I'll probably fall just short)

TSG, how many sports titles do you have? I know you were at a decent amount previously.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2012, 11:23:52 AM »

I'm hoping to get to 500 NES games by the end of the year. I'm currently at 485, with one more coming in the mail. It's getting a lot tougher to find stuff I don't have.

Up to 526! Take that, goals of my past self.

TSGTheSportsGamer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »

-Get to 100 3DS Games (I'm at 83)
-Get to 10 PS Vita Games (I'm at 9, so I can get this one done)
-Get to 600 games overall (at 590, still maybe doable but I'll probably fall just short)

TSG, how many sports titles do you have? I know you were at a decent amount previously.

You know, I haven't that, but just going through my list I can guesstimate that about 60% of my games are either sports or racing - but that's using a really liberal definition. So maybe around 350. I should take the time to count...
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2012, 12:41:55 AM »

So as of now I have not achieved my goal of half of all genesis carts.  i didn't really get anywhere as a matter of fact. Although I did pick upa few 32x games, and I kinda of took a detour at finding SNES games that are on my want list. Oh well.

I managed to pick up Castlevania games, I did begin with only One (Simon's Quest). So I consider this a moderate success. I was able to pickup Castlevania(NES), Castlevania III, And Super Castlevania, Castlevania 64, and Castlevania Bloodlines.  I still have the hard as hell to get for under 100 dollars Castlevania Dracula X( I might just bite the bullet, and pay for it at ebay prices, because I want it so bad.) Other than that, Castlevania chronicles will be the next hardest. btw I am only picking up Castlevania Games I have the systems toplay them on. So the DS games will probably be my last games I pick up, since I haven't bought one yet.  All the other Castlevania games seem easy to pick up, so I am sure I will be able to accomplish this in the next year. I will be counting the digital download games as well.

I know the goal I have for next year is Mega Man series for NES, and SNES. All the Mega Man X games. I will be counting the digital download games as well. I got a ways to go, and got some of the most hard to find items in this series ahead of me. wish me luck!

its great to see so many people achieving goals on here, and here is to all of us who trying to reach any goal we have into the next year.I don't think it really matters how long it takes. : )

as I see its only a failure if you give up your goal.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:45:00 AM by kenobi1979 » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »

Ok, I'm going to reply and show me where I succeeded and where I failed.

My Goals:

Systems:
NES (Top Loader preferred)
Sega 32x and CD Model 2 (I got neither of these, but games for both!)

Basic Game Goals:
25 PS3 Games (26)
75 PS2 Games (Sitting at 66)
50 PS1 Games (61)
15 PSP Games (13)
50 SNES Games (45)
50 Genesis Games (34, cheap deals dried up fast)
20 Dreamcast Games (17)

Get this: http://www.entertainmente...dinfo.asp?number=ALT20290 (Sadly no)

Imports:
Japanese PS1 (Nope)
Suikogaiden Vol. 1 and 2 (Both!)
1 good Dreamcast Import (0)
If I get a Top Loader import 5 Famicom games. (1)

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2012, 07:08:44 AM »

Well, time to set some goals.  I think I am gonna try and collect all the Konami silver box games CIB for the NES.  I have Gradius on the way, so that will be one down.  I am gonna also try and get another NES Mega Man CIB.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2012, 11:00:29 AM »

Well, time to set some goals.  I think I am gonna try and collect all the Konami silver box games CIB for the NES.  I have Gradius on the way, so that will be one down.  I am gonna also try and get another NES Mega Man CIB.

You only have 14 hours left to meet this goal.  You better get busy.  Wink
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2012, 11:43:43 AM »

You only have 14 hours left to meet this goal.  You better get busy.  Wink

lol

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2012, 12:00:41 PM »

I also have a CIB Gradius.

But the C and the I are not Gradius.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length