RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:22:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Limited/Collector's Editions...what convinces you to buy it? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Limited/Collector's Editions...what convinces you to buy it?  (Read 6145 times)
cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 10:20:50 PM »

I usually only buy CE/LE games if I happen to find them used for around the same price (example: lost planet) or if they'res alot of extra content that makes the extra $$ worth it. My brother tends to keep more of an eye out for them. He got Morrowind GOTYE just because the guy at gamestop didnt pay attention

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
Lucri
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »

If theres neat collectibles or in-game downloadable content. I had a World of Warcraft Collectors Edition and having the neat pets was fun to have.
gameover_Retrogames
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »

They got to give me lots of extra swag. Im going to get Resident evil 5 SE because all the extra swag. I hate the downloadable content crap. It don't do some of us without a good connection any good since we cant get on live.

http://myworld.ebay.com/gameoverrg
Please check out my eBay listings. I'm always selling something.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »

When they are really cheap.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 03:48:05 PM »

A new addition to my list: Halo maps...lol  My hubby wanted Halo Wars for his birthday. I got him the LE so we can have the maps early. He's quite pleased with the patch and book.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »

A new addition to my list: Halo maps...lol  My hubby wanted Halo Wars for his birthday. I got him the LE so we can have the maps early. He's quite pleased with the patch and book.

I picked up the LE as well. But I'm selling the map pack on Ebay to offset the cost.

I like the patch, too. It seems like it could double as a coaster, though. Haven't read through the book yet. I also like the tin packaging. They got it right this time after the Halo 3 debacle.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »

I picked up the LE as well. But I'm selling the map pack on Ebay to offset the cost.

I like the patch, too. It seems like it could double as a coaster, though. Haven't read through the book yet. I also like the tin packaging. They got it right this time after the Halo 3 debacle.

How much was the Halo 3 CE?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 07:54:01 PM »

They got it right this time after the Halo 3 debacle.
What was that?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 08:18:08 PM »

Discs loose in the case and scratched to shit.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »

Damn, it must be so irritating buying a new game and finding a scratched disc in there. Undecided

Did they take those games back or did they send replacement discs to people who asked?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »

Damn, it must be so irritating buying a new game and finding a scratched disc in there. Undecided

Did they take those games back or did they send replacement discs to people who asked?

They gave me a replacement disc on the spot from a regular copy of Halo 3.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 09:14:52 PM »

They gave me a replacement disc on the spot from a regular copy of Halo 3.
Good for you, but what a waste...you'd imagine that in this day and age manufacturers check whether or not boxes work properly before making thousands/millions of them.
Tan
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 09:16:01 PM »

They got it right this time after the Halo 3 debacle.
What was that?

http://www.rfgeneration.c...3-discs-scratched-277.php

Smiley
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 09:17:37 PM »

Thanks! I'm reading it right now. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »