RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:43:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | I play hockey and ...... (read topic) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: I play hockey and ...... (read topic)  (Read 8745 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: January 10, 2005, 05:19:18 AM »

So last night we were playing this team who happens to have a woman on it , and we only had 5 players show up for the game. In roller hockey this would only leave one player on the bench for a change Angry
(tynstar needs to come out of retirement and play again)

I have been playing roller hockey for around 12 years now and have never had a woman ever score a goal on me. I have played against plenty and not a single goal ...... Until last night Cry Not that I dont consider women bad hockey players or anything like that , but its a streak I was kind of hoping to keep.

It happened like this ..... The other teams best player was the only guy doing any scoring on me and they were up 4 - 2 with 5 minutes left. My team was down on the other end when they turned over the puck , only one of my defensemen made it back on defense (the other guys were too tired from playing the whole game)

The other teams best plaer had the puck and I was set to make the save when out of the blue he passes the puck to the female player right at the side of the net for a "one timer". 2 things  happened on that play that I wasnt expecting..... For one he passed (I thought for sure he would take it upon himself to score and put the game out of reach.) And secondly she connected with a wicked wrister that went top shelf Cry If the puck went low I would have made the save because I went into a butterfly. But I just couldnt make it fast enough....

Anyhow , thats my story from the world of hockey. I thought all of you hockey fans out there (hears crickets chirping) would like a hockey story since the NHL isnt playing Tongue

5 points for anybody who knew what the hockey term butterfly means (tynstar not included)

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 06:12:02 AM »

(tynstar needs to come out of retirement and play again)

No!

I knew plenty of chics that would of scored on you in CA. After all scoring on you is easy. |D

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 06:24:58 AM »

No!

I knew plenty of chics that would of scored on you in CA. After all scoring on you is easy. |D

First off  fu Scott   Tongue

Secondly , Your tired ass couldnt even skate the puck up to me anymore  :fight:

(come out of retirement!)

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 06:36:07 AM »

I could stand there and score on you.

TWISTED WRISTER!!!!!

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 06:56:54 AM »

Chicks can score with me anytime  Tongue

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 07:01:37 AM »

That sucks.  
I normally play defense, but a couple of weeks ago I played goalie because we had gear but no one wanted to put it on, so I played goal.

Unfortunatley, I'm not use to moving with all of that extra gear on and almost passed out cause I got to hot.  I have a new found respect for goalies the world over now.

and as for butterfly, well it's a goaltending style, but I'm not sure on all the details, so I'll leave it at that.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 07:34:20 AM »

Unfortunatley, I'm not use to moving with all of that extra gear on and almost passed out cause I got to hot.  I have a new found respect for goalies the world over now.

That reminds me of this one summer I was playing roller hockey and the place I was playing was hot ! I was actually there that day doing some practice with some friends (I used to be such a rink rat)

Anyhow , I was on the practice rink and there was like 15 people shooting at me.... I actually passed out from heat stress. 2 of my buddies got me some water and helped me off the rink :-[

This other time I played 3 games in a row because the other teams goalies werent showing up and I got really sick because of the dehydration. When I filled up on water and drove home I puked out every bit of water I drank all over the driveway.

Good times !

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 08:07:34 AM »

Goalies = Dumb ass
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 09:41:37 AM by tynstar » Logged

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 09:23:45 AM »

Golies = Dumb ass

I agree ! Golies are dumb asses.

They give us goalies bad names because the spelling is so close Cheesy

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 08:03:33 AM »

I could prolly score on you, I played street and some deck for years. It was a blast cause the band of misfits from my hood would play these pretty boys that were on "real" teams and mess em up good. Most of those guys were kinda small and I think the idea of a scary lookin bitch flyin at em made em piss themselves.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 09:21:51 AM »

I could prolly score on you,

Not if i was playing D. You won't get a good shot off.
Wink

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 11:31:30 AM »

Don't bet on it, I'd knock you on your ass Tongue

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 04:16:14 PM »

Don't bet on it, I'd knock you on your ass Tongue

No people bigger then me have tried and it didnt work for them.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005, 04:30:29 PM »

I bet people smaller have tried and were successful... or  not.

I haven't played hockey in at least 6 years. I wasn't bad though, backyard stuff though not on a team so i didn't really know how to play. I bet i couldn't nearly as well as i used to now.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2005, 05:10:19 PM »

I bet people smaller have tried and were successful... or  not.

No. I have really good balance. Plus if i fall I would have to get my fat ass up and I don't want to do that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length