RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:46:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | 2 HD consoles, 1 HDMI port 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2 HD consoles, 1 HDMI port  (Read 1420 times)
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« on: July 25, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »

alright so my LCD monitor only has one HDMI port. So now I have to keep switching plugs between PS3 and 360. What I'm looking for is some sort of cheap, easy solution. Is there like an HDMI y-splitter or something I could get so I could keep both the PS3 and 360 plugged into the same port? I don't want anything that is going to require AC power though.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:43:56 AM »

The reviews on this one seems outstanding given the price.  It does not require any external power "when connected to standard HDMI devices."

I really don't have any experience with these, though.  But if I did need one I would buy one of the above.  I'm not sure if it comes with a HDMI cable though.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 10:00:33 AM »

I haven't used this at all, but Monoprice has a ton of great products, including this: http://www.monoprice.com/...50&seq=1&format=2

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:29:25 PM »

I was in the same situation and got an adapter that was 2 hdmi in and 1 out. it didnt work on my sony tv thought.....

in the end i just moved them in to my games room and to a tv with 3 hdmi's

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »

Although it might be out of your budget, you could always look for a cheap, used AV receiver. Those tend to have tons of connections, so it might come in handy for other systems as well.
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 07:15:47 PM »

I ended up buying a cheap GE unit I found at target. 2 HDMI ins, 1 out, no power needed. Easy. Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length