RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:26:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Let's Celebrate Judgment Day! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Let's Celebrate Judgment Day!  (Read 68134 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:56:54 PM »

It's hard to believe that the nuclear holocaust that Skynet launched, leading to humanity's war against the machines, happened 15 years ago today.  party

Hope you're all staying safe, and keeping out of the sight of those pesky terminators.  guncannon

'Course, if you want a "real" judgment day, the next one is expected to occur in just under four months; that's when the whole expiration-of-the-Mayan-long-count-calendar will drop just a few days before Christmas. If it's anything like Y2K or the two dates that Family Radio outfit set last year, you won't even know it happened...  hmm

'Late
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 07:36:21 PM »

I don't know who is worse, Skynet or the crap Umbrella pumps out.

Cant wait till later this year when the world ends. Actually I don't trust information from a dead group of crazed people that sacrificed themselves in mass suicide. Maybe if they drank Kool Aid and all wore the same pair of shoes I'd trust their information a little more.

Will have a case of beer and my shotgun at hand in case anything gets out of control from the anarchy that may ensue later this year. I'll go into Judge Dredd mode at that time and yell out loud. "I am the law!"
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:15:06 PM »

Will have [...] my shotgun at hand in case anything gets out of control

You're gonna need something more powerful than that to stop the terminators.

Like a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.

I'll go into Judge Dredd mode at that time and yell out loud. "I am the law!"

Are ya gonna say it the same way Stallone does in this clip:

'Cuz if you did-- well, it'd be kinda hard to take you seriously...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:20:19 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »

I'll just camp. What the hell it works in video games for a cheap kill. I'm gonna be screwed if I have to fight Terminators. Maybe I should stockpile EMP grenades for them.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:49:52 PM »

15 years ago on this day I had a bunch of friends over and we had a Judgement Day party, which mostly consisted of watching Terminator 2.

Glad you pointed it out though, I would have missed it this year if not for you.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 12:29:08 AM »

I'll trust the science on Dec 21st.  The apostles were promised that they would see the end of the world in their lifetime 2,000 years ago, and prophesies have just gotten more elaborate and numerous since.  Because I've been expected to worship something or be considered evil, I'll follow the Sun, my source of life's, timeline.  Hey, guess what!  We're looking at about 4,500,000,000+ years of bliss.  Nice!!!  Plenty of time to test the Twinkies theory.

Relax, I can fix it.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 12:58:21 AM »

15 years ago on this day I had a bunch of friends over and we had a Judgement Day party, which mostly consisted of watching Terminator 2.

Glad you pointed it out though, I would have missed it this year if not for you.

That's what I'm all about-- reminding people of the truly important dates in pop-culture history.

After all, it's not like yesterday, which marked the 49th anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial with about 200,000 people in attendance, had any real significance to it...  Grin

I'll just camp. What the hell it works in video games for a cheap kill.

Yeah, and merely touching a medikit instantly brings you back to full health, too.  Roll Eyes

Far be it for me to say this, but... ya might wanna lay off the vidya games for a while.  Wink

Because I've been expected to worship something or be considered evil, I'll follow the Sun, my source of life's, timeline.

Well, if you're gonna be "considered evil," you're in good company-- George Carlin was a sun-worshipper, too... or so he claimed in one of his routines.

However, he prayed to Joe Pesci... which is what everybody should do as far as I'm concerned.

He might look shrimpy, but he carries himself in such a way that you absolutely DO NOT wanna piss him off.

So you'd better pray... that he doesn't break his foot off in your--

Plenty of time to test the Twinkies theory.

That anything like the "Twinkie defense?"
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 01:26:36 AM »

Joe never has returned my calls about the neighbor's dog.  Must be busy.

Relax, I can fix it.

ProjectG.U.E.S.T.
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 05:06:54 AM »

I'm proud to say now, that I survived the 2nd Impact, Judgement Day, and multiple returns of Christ.

The latter I thank our savior Randy Macho Man Savage for dying on our behalf to stop the impending apocalypse.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »

I'll trust the science on Dec 21st.  The apostles were promised that they would see the end of the world in their lifetime 2,000 years ago, and prophesies have just gotten more elaborate and numerous since.  Because I've been expected to worship something or be considered evil, I'll follow the Sun, my source of life's, timeline.  Hey, guess what!  We're looking at about 4,500,000,000+ years of bliss.  Nice!!!  Plenty of time to test the Twinkies theory.

Contractual obligations require me to weigh in on eschatology matters. Wink

The Apostles were promised the beginning of Christ's Kingdom and Christ's authority on earth within their lifetime, which many then assumed to be Christs Second Coming.  They missed that whole 'I'm sending a helper, the Holy Spirit,' bit, and the explanation that the Holy Spirit that once only resided in the hearts of Prophets and Priests would now be available to any professing faith in Christ, thus ushering in an entire Kingdom of God's people instead of a nation guided by a few higher-ups.  In true Captain Planet fashion, Jesus was saying that after He ascends, 'the power is yours!'

There's even a bit of dark comedy in John 16 where Jesus's friends were asking Him specifically when they'd see Him again, and He says, "in a little while," and they're like, "a little while? what the heck does that mean? You're doing that whole parable talk again"  And Jesus replies, "OK, you're going to go through a bunch of crap and grieve and be miserable, then we meet back up at the end of time and you're going to be overjoyed.  So just ask for that joy now." 

Then His friends say, "See, was that so hard?  You just need to speak plainly."  To which Jesus replies, "Yeah, you still don't get it.  You're all going to split and leave me alone.  But its cool, we still win in the end."

I'm proud to say now, that I survived the 2nd Impact, Judgement Day, and multiple returns of Christ.

The latter I thank our savior Randy Macho Man Savage for dying on our behalf to stop the impending apocalypse.

Technically, we've only survived multiple theories about the timing of the return of Christ, and since the book these folks claim to believe specifically says more than once that it'll happen "thief in the night" style and 'no man knows the day' (Matthew 24:36) I'm not going to put much stock into the ideas of someone who didn't apparently read the whole thing.

As for the Great Randy Savage Apocalypse Sacrifice?  May we all live by his immortal words, "Dusty Rhodes, do you think you're what our forefathers were thinking about when they thought up the American Dream? Ooooh, yeah, I don't think so."

http://www.searchquotes.c...r/Macho_Man_Randy_Savage/

Keelah se'lai
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 04:03:13 AM »

Skynet = Apple

Get it?

Judgment day will come, sooner or later.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 07:28:51 PM »

Just two months to go, guys.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49494036#.UISRTGe9xVU

Make the most of it!
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »

This will be just like Y2K.

Remember what happened when it hit midnight, NOTHING!
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 08:12:57 PM »

Isn't it true that the Mayans didn't have leap years? If not, then we would have already passed December 21, 2012 a long time ago.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »

This will be just like Y2K.

Remember what happened when it hit midnight, NOTHING!

Isn't it true that the Mayans didn't have leap years? If not, then we would have already passed December 21, 2012 a long time ago.

That's what they want you to think...  Tinfoil
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length