RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:27:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Houston gaming expo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Houston gaming expo  (Read 639 times)
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« on: September 26, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »

I don't know if there's anyone else on here in or around the Houston area, but here goes...

First off, it's definitely worth it going to these expos; this makes the 11th year, and I've been to about five of them or something.  It's November 2-3 in Northwest Houston (off 290 and Bingle), with tickets costing $20 per day at the door, or $30 for a weekend pass.  If you prepay now you get $5 off.

So what does that get you?  Access to hundreds of games total: pinball machines (some going back to the 1930s), coin-op games (mostly from the late 70s/80s), various miscellaneous entertainment devices (gambling machines, strength testers and the like), home consoles and computers set on free play.  There's also drawings and door prizes, along with a swap meet beforehand, repair clinics for pinball and the like, etc., etc.

I won't know until the last second if I'll be going or not (usually the way), but again, these are definitely worth it.  I'll definitely do the usual pics, write-up and a video for it if I go, and some of those of last year's show can be seen here.  A few other vids can be seen on my YouTube channel (just click on my profile), along with the 2005 and 2006 shows being covered on The Atari Times web site (known as H. A. A. G., or Houston Area Arcade Group).

http://www.arcadecenter.com/

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 09:25:38 PM »

Wish I lived close enough to check it out. I'll be looking forward to a write-up on it.

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »

I will if I can attend!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length