RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:56:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | International Play Your Vectrex Day (November 1) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: International Play Your Vectrex Day (November 1)  (Read 31967 times)
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 11, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »

I don't know how many people who post in these forums have a Vectrex, but with dozens of people having some of the common games on this database, I figured I would post this.

In order to participate, there's only a few very simple rules:

1. On November 1, play your Vectrex.
2. I'll need your name and game(s) that you played.  Or you could supply these yourself for the wiki page.

There's other stuff that can be included for bonuses if anyone wants, like making a video for it, taking screenshots for an included gallery, including your scores, etc.  Full rules and if you want me to update the wiki page for anyone and such can be seen here:

http://vectrex.wikia.com/...nal_Play_Your_Vectrex_Day

Hope to see some people on the first!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:41:25 AM »

I'm so there.  New interview with Vectrex homebrew developer George Pelonis coming soon to a home page near you!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »

Wish I could join in. Maybe next year!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 11:40:30 AM »

Wish I could join in. Maybe next year!

I'm gonna get you hooked Crab.  Just you wait.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »

Crabmaster: it might be done next year too, who knows!  (Too early to call right now.)

I'm so there.

Good to hear!

New interview with Vectrex homebrew developer George Pelonis coming soon to a home page near you!

That's cool.  At some point when I have a breather (too much going on right now) I should have a FURY page on the wiki for him, since he was one of the first homebrewers I ever bugged for that.  However, some video game book was coming out and he was going to be in it, so he wanted the info to be exclusive to the book until it was released.  And that was like a year ago, so that stuff should be free to go out now.  But both of us are pretty busy right now (probably more him than me!) so I'm not going to see about it right now, plus I've got other pages that I'll be starting on soon (I hope).

engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »

Does this mean I need to go out and find a Vectrex now?  *cries*
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 03:24:38 PM »

No, it just means you needed to find a Vectrex all along! Wink

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »

All the cool kids have them.

engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »

I'll add that to the long list of things I "need."  Damned list seems to keep growing, instead of getting smaller.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 03:45:08 PM »

All the cool kids have them.

YAY! I'm cool!
Oh, I'm so in.  Love me some Vectrex. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »

Does it count if I just turn on my Vectrex and watch it for a while? I would play it if I had a controller...

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 05:29:59 PM »

Oh no!

I'm afraid not  Undecided

I'd say to check Recycled Gamer for their modded sticks, which they're kind of much to a lot of people, although I see where they have the modded Genesis controllers for $40 as their cheapest model now.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 06:25:25 PM »

Control panels have really dropped in price recently and even a 3D imager with a boxed copy of Narrow Escape went for $255 the other day (I've seen those imagers go for over $1000 alone).  You could probably get a control panel for around $40-$50 if you snipe it.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 06:30:33 PM »

Control panels have really dropped in price recently and even a 3D imager with a boxed copy of Narrow Escape went for $255 the other day (I've seen those imagers go for over $1000 alone).  You could probably get a control panel for around $40-$50 if you snipe it.
That's still $40-50 more than I paid for the system...

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 06:32:15 PM »

That's still $40-50 more than I paid for the system...

Well if that's the case, you should get two. Tongue  Systems still going for well over $150.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length