RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:24:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | International Play Your Vectrex Day (November 1) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: International Play Your Vectrex Day (November 1)  (Read 31968 times)
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2016, 09:17:37 AM »

Shadow Kisuragi, did you also only play Mine Storm on this Day?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2016, 09:49:52 AM »

Yeah. I literally had 5 minutes before the end of the day, so it's what I tossed on. I didn't get a very high score - 16XXX.
But, I did get it turned on in the spirit of the event this year, considering I missed the past 2.  Shocked

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2016, 10:55:29 AM »

That's good, as it looks like we won't even hit double digits in participants this year :|

I'll see about updating the page soon, just need to hear back from a few others first and then I'll do it all at once.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2016, 10:58:21 PM »

I got to 20200 in minestorm but I was really trying to get a good picture rather than go for a high score.

Also didn't have much time, really wanted too though. Life has just been busy of late.

Excited to see what you put in the post Vectorguy!
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2016, 12:55:47 PM »

Also didn't have much time, really wanted too though. Life has just been busy of late.

I hear ya, I only got in a game of Berzerk and that was it.

Excited to see what you put in the post Vectorguy!

Unfortunately the next Play/Vectrex Day may be suspended next year due to participation falling 50% over last time/we had our smallest gathering as of yet.  I don't think we'll even have double digits as far as those who played anything :|

So, there isn't much to see, although everyone should really check out my thanks to Vectrex people letter that I created.

Should just be another day or so before I put up the majority of stuff that people want me to post for them though.  I'll post about it when that happens, although at least there are several other pics up too.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2016, 09:59:46 PM »

While I'm not sure how much effort it takes to put together, I would hope that you keep trying to support the day. I'll keep putting up pictures if you keep promoting it.

I know that it can be discouraging when you organize something and not many show up but this year could just be a fluke too. I like that you want people to play the Vectrex. It's about my favorite thing to show people and talk about in my house. Just this last week I got to show it off and talk about it to someone, we set it up for a couple kids to play on and talked about it while they enjoyed the laser sharp images and 60hz hum. Promoting it is something that should be done since it is an uncommon and unique game system, people need to see this thing.

Your 'thanks' letter was very nice.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2016, 10:03:45 PM »

I was able to pull mine off the shelf and show it off to my roommates, who had never seen one before. I love showing it off, though I need to actually PLAY some of my other titles. I've stopped at Mine Storm because I love the game.

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2016, 11:39:57 PM »

While I'm not sure how much effort it takes to put together,

Not a lot, really.

I know that it can be discouraging when you organize something and not many show up but this year could just be a fluke too.

Part of it could've been that it was on a weekday, but they can't all be on weekends!

Your 'thanks' letter was very nice.

Developers--especially those making very good homebrews while making no money from them (Thrust, Nebula Commander)--really deserved it.

I love showing it off, though I need to actually PLAY some of my other titles. I've stopped at Mine Storm because I love the game.

Do you know that Mine Storm has been THE most played original GCE/Milton Bradley game every single year that we've had this Day, hands down?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2016, 08:23:19 AM »

Of course. It takes the least amount of effort to fire up, and everybody owns it. Cheesy

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2016, 11:15:43 PM »

The page has been updated with all infos and pics (thanks nupoile and Shadow K. for yours).  Here's some stats:

*50tbrd created the Thrust 1.1 overlay download specifically for release on this Day.
*In total, 21 different games were played. The total of the original GCE/Milton Bradley games was seven while the total number of homebrews was 14. The top original games included Mine Storm (with four players total), Berzerk, Hyperchase and Polar Rescue (two each). Homebrews, on the other hand, had only one player each, making this the first time ever since the Day was held to not have a top homebrew.  I would say that's really odd, but then we didn't have many participants.
*Four unfinished/demo games were also played, being Blocks, Robot Arena, Stip and Xylo.  I found Xylo to be really incredible (with a link to the video), especially since I never knew Frank Herbert was working on it (I thought the only unfinished game he had was Berzerk Arena).

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2017, 11:52:44 PM »

Bumped to coincide with the front page story.

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »

Next Wednesday!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:31:01 PM by Vectorguy » Logged

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2017, 10:53:09 PM »

I need to spend some time figuring out how to take good pictures of the Vectrex....
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »

Tomorrow!

Don't quote me on this, but there *could* be a little something extra for someone per random drawing.  If someone on here wins (members of my Vector gaming forums and possibly the Facebook group of Vector Fans Unite! are also eligible) hopefully I'll be able to get it to you.  (Don't mean to be so cryptic, but this is a last minute thing.)

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2017, 10:12:06 PM »

Played my Vectrex with a 7-year-old I know Smiley   Maybe get pictures up tomorrow?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length