RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:13:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 8 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 8  (Read 21826 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 31, 2012, 09:01:42 AM »

Episode 8 is out!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:36:12 AM by Duke.Togo » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »

Listening to the podcast as I type this. Thanks for the mention!

As for the Mega Drive... I think it might be European (it says PAL) but I'm not sure.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o736/Fleach/IMG098.jpg[/img]

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »

Huh, after Googling it seems that is the PAL model from Spain. How did it end up where you are I wonder? If consoles could talk...

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »

Interesting timing, I've been learning how to code NES myself lately, so I thought this was really cool to listen to.

The bit about the Punch Out tattoo had me actually laugh out loud. Sorta awkward when nobody around you knows you're listening to something...

Also, Super Ghouls N' Ghosts is a completely different game from Ghouls N' Ghosts. ;o
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »

Interesting timing, I've been learning how to code NES myself lately, so I thought this was really cool to listen to.

The bit about the Punch Out tattoo had me actually laugh out loud. Sorta awkward when nobody around you knows you're listening to something...

Also, Super Ghouls N' Ghosts is a completely different game from Ghouls N' Ghosts. ;o

I love the idea of more NES software, so go for it. Oh, and you are completely correct about G 'n G, which is why the Genesis version is superior. Smiley

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 10:39:22 PM »

First time listening to the podcast. Very fun to listen to!  leo

Running out of games to buy.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »

Duke I don't appreciate how you rip the 32x every time it's brought up.  If you do it again I'm only going to listen to the podcast 4-5 times instead of the usual 6-7.  Capeech?

Loved the interview btw.  John sounds like a great dude.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 03:08:40 PM »

LOL, mea culpa. I'll try to love the 32x more, even if it causes me to die a little inside. Does it count that I actually bought one from the store when they were out? On clearance, mind you, but I did buy one at retail.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 07:42:50 PM »

Does it count that I actually bought one from the store when they were out? On clearance, mind you, but I did buy one at retail.
That's how I got mine! I actually really liked the 32x because of this, it only cost me under $30 and came with Cosmic Carnage. Considering Phantasy Star IV cost almost $100 back then you can see why I was happy about the add-on... even if I only did ever manage to get two additional games (Virtua Racing Deluxe & Metal Head) for it.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »

I remember paying $90 for Phantasy Star IV. Completely worth it though.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »

I definitely agree, PSIV was well worth the asking price.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 09:41:01 AM »

Imagine how much better PSIV would have been on the 32X...

I got the 32X for Christmas, it was the #1 thing on my list.  The surprise was that my parents got us a new Genesis 2 cause our previous one had a loose power connection and it constantly shut off by itself.  Great Christmas.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 12:35:49 AM »

Hey now!

‘Cuz absolutely no one demanded it—but a couple of the co-hosts seem to dig it—here are my fave parts from the Intro and Small Scores portion of the latest Collectorcast (now with 50% more TL;DR!):

1:28- Nothin’ against ya, but your account of Hurricane Sandy makes me even more grateful that I live in a relatively mild climate.

3:06- I’m decent at converting English to metric measurements—miles to kilometers and pounds to kilograms, mostly-- in my head. Probably ‘cuz I’m big with arithmetic and stats and all. Which would explain my super-specific posts on the milestones thread.

3:52- While it is kinda cool to see the numbers “increase” from miles to kilometers, it’s also a bummer to see the pounds “decrease” to kilograms, especially if you’re tryin’ to lose weight. ‘Cuz dropping 5 pounds sounds like you lost a lot more than dropping 2.3 kg.

8:27- “I mean, he lives in Indianapolis, not too far from me.” Oh dear lord, I am so sorry. Good God, Indianapolis? I take back all the bad things I’ve said about you and HungryMoose.

8:50-9:20- “YOU GUYS OPEN NEW GAMES!!!” *Sigh* Oh, poor, naïve Duke. I’d have thought by now you understood that logic has no place in game-trading at GameStop.

9:40- “I’ve heard it said that ‘when you try to rationalize, you’re telling rational lies.’” Sounds like a tidbit of wisdom from that paragon of clean living and emotional stability, Gary Busey.

http://www.youtube.com/em...Pd4?start=569&end=586

10:54- You know, Kod Blaapz sounds like it’d be a pretty fun game, and nothing at all like that Call of Duty you keep gripin’ about.

12:44- “That just proves if you’re a good person, you’re a cool dude, that stuff’s gonna come back to you.” THIS is a really big reason why I’ve been hanging out here as long and as frequently as I have. It can’t be understated that we’ve a bumper crop of real decent, stand-up guys here… despite my best efforts.

12:54- Hey, there’s nothing wrong with a gamer embracing his feminine side from time to time… so long as he doesn’t try to embrace me.

19:15- “In case you hadn’t heard, the United States has decided to start a war with Canada.” I’ll just leave the context of this statement to your imagination.

21:50- “I mean, who doesn’t appreciate some good, possibly bordering on the illegal, Mary Kate & Ashley Sweet 16 action?” I’ll leave this one to your imagination as well.

[img width=150 height=150]http://media.englishrussia.com/not_bear/3.jpg[/img]

22:00- “You pick a niche and you go for it!” Probably not the most appropriate response to the situation, but definitely one of the funniest.

22:50- “…so, (Crabby) what was the bad game you rented?”

23:05- “And, more recently, he (ixtaileddemonfox) picked up that huge TV on the side of the road for free.” Which I figure is the biggest non-gaming score of the year.

29:25- Aw man, why didja hafta remind me of Bildtstar’s Zaxxon board game, huh?! And I’d just gotten over being all angry for not having one! Jerk…

30:50- Whattaya talkin’ about, Nomads are LAME! Um, no offense to my good buddy and Sega enthusiast Razor Knuckles, eh heh heh. Please don't hit me again, I'll be good...

31:14- Sheesh, no wonder SingleBanana hasn’t posted an Atari game review blog in ages—he’s too busy with those silly pinball machines! That guy’s gotta get his priorities in order…

37:04- “One qualification (to co-host on CollectorCast) is that you must really like Super Metroid.” Well, that lets me out.

38:15- “And was it on (Duke.Togo’s) recommendation that (Zagnorch) grabbed Code of Princess?”

If ya wanna know the real reason I picked it up, you can read all about it here:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...10298.msg147632#msg147632

As you can see, it wasn’t a snap decision on my part; I had to weigh things very carefully.

BTW I don’t think you want me to ‘team up’ with you on Code of Princess, Dukey. You know, seeing as how I plan to lose the game on purpose. Besides, with Skylanders Giants having my undivided attention, every other game in my collection’s been all but ignored.

38:50-41:30- Wow, you really found my silly get-up that funny, huh?

[img width=357 height=385]http://www.mediafire.com/conv/bc6dcca838df6fa43078c6bcbd1a92667e7ef646606449288212cb854d6c9b104g.jpg[/img]

You, my friend, are easily entertained.

BTW seeing as how I was the one who pushed the thread off-topic, I figured it was my duty to get it back on track. My apologies to everyone for the inconvenience.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...c=853.msg151102#msg151102

Oh, and you’re welcome.

41:40- I hope you realize that, by stating that you really enjoy my Collectorcast “fave bits” write-ups, you’re enabling my crippling OCD…

50:45- “I can’t say on the show what his (caption) was on one of those, but let’s just say I found it amusing.”

You wouldn’t be referring to the words I put in the mouth of the Tails doodle on the note that Razor Knuckles included with the Shadow the Hedgehog game he sent me (in red):

[img width=372 height=694]http://www.mediafire.com/conv/f9b0214155df09f96866635d817656e8b3d56909aebfbfc2634079630be18be96g.jpg[/img]

51:24- The CIB Metroid GBA game photo I posted wasn’t actually mine—it was Johnny Nintendo’s. He attempted to post the photo himself, but had trouble coding it so it’d show up on the thread. So I helped the guy out. No big...

56:35-

[img width=500 height=380]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/26/129116867279547768.jpg[/img]

57:14- Nope. Not a single word.

57:20-57:40 – LALALALALA, I’M NOT LISTENING, LALALALA

Actually, I am making a little something-something that’s a trophy of sorts, which (I hope) will be revealed around Christmas time. It’s not intended for the general populace, however.

58:14- Hey, Crabs, didja ask the surgeons if you could keep the appendix? You know, as an heirloom to pass on to the grandkids? I hope you asked if you could check the thing out after they took it outta ya…

59:20- Now there’s an entry for America’s Canada’s Funniest Home Videos: Crabby goin’ to town on his NES dance pad, when alla sudden his appendectomy stitches give way, and he slips on his own guts. If that doesn’t win the $10,000 grand prize—or the Canadian equivalent—then nothin’ will.

1:01:10- Decent craigslist finds in my area are few and far between as well.

Aaaand there you have it.

I’m not sure I’ll get to doing a “fave bits” of the rest of the ‘cast, seeing as how I spent waaaay too much time with the small scores segment.

Now it's off to bed with me...

‘Late
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:42:48 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 12:41:03 PM »

I seriously laugh my @$$ off when reading these Zignatch. You have a gift for the pen.

Oh, and yes, I still have a good laugh every time I look at that Op. Prime pic.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »

Man, I can't wait to get power back so I can listen to this! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length