RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:55:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 8 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 8  (Read 21828 times)
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 11:56:36 AM »

Man, I can't wait to get power back so I can listen to this! Smiley Smiley Smiley

If you have a car charger and a smartphone, you could YouTube us Wink

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 01:45:24 PM »

Man, I can't wait to get power back so I can listen to this! Smiley Smiley Smiley

If you have a car charger and a smartphone, you could YouTube us Wink

True, but I'm going to wait until I can have it on my iPod, as it takes me a few days to get through one. So far I've missed two Giant Bombcasts as well.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 01:03:11 AM »

Giant Bombcast?

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 08:44:02 PM »

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/ (I get it off itunes).

A really funny group of guys who have been in the business for a while, talking mostly about new games. It's very unstructured so you're beat if they start talking about something you don't give a shit about because it could be an hour before they change the subject. I happen to find them very funny so I usually don't mind.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »

Cool I'll check it out.  I'll add it to the exhaustive list of weekly and daily podcasts i already listen to. 

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 01:13:12 AM »

finally caught up, every episode was great! keep em coming, now i can finally listen as they come out Smiley . i find these really help to pass the time while submitting things to the database.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 12:33:28 PM »

Just got about 15 minutes into this episode on my lunch break. So glad to have my scores mentioned!

Also thanks for the kind words about my dealings here. I'm very glad to be able to help fellow collectors and be a part of this community!

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »

Just got about 15 minutes into this episode on my lunch break. So glad to have my scores mentioned!

Also thanks for the kind words about my dealings here. I'm very glad to be able to help fellow collectors and be a part of this community!

No problem, glad to have you!

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »

Also I just told my coworker that I got name dropped in the collectorcast because of him.

He got a kick out of it LOL.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »

You've earned that recognition. You've been an amazing member and we're glad to have you.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 01:55:31 PM »

I remember paying $90 for Phantasy Star IV. Completely worth it though.

Back in my Toys R Us days my manager found several marked down to about $15.  Snapped that up, played it, beat it, and like an idiot, sold it.  It would have been worth $120.  Great game.

Bug! rules.  It was the only game my wife would play with me when we were first married.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »

$15? Wow, I never saw it go down that far around here.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »

couple of things...

Bill, did I know you were a fellow New Englander? I don't think I did. But if I did, then I forgot.

Guys, I'm always slightly bummed that I don't get to be part of the Small Scores discussion. But I tend to not post my scores in the thread and instead save them for the end of the month so I can do a single blog post showing off all the finds for the month. :\

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »

couple of things...

Bill, did I know you were a fellow New Englander? I don't think I did. But if I did, then I forgot.

Guys, I'm always slightly bummed that I don't get to be part of the Small Scores discussion. But I tend to not post my scores in the thread and instead save them for the end of the month so I can do a single blog post showing off all the finds for the month. :\

I don't think I knew you were up here either.  Maybe I'll see you at PAX East or Too Many Games next year.

That's a good point, we should also check blog posts for scores from now on.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:29 AM »

I'm southcoast MA (about an hour south of Boston, and hour west of the Cape). We'll have to plan to meet up at PAX East. Cheesy

I usually try to post in the Small Scores thread and just say "updated my blog with all my finds" but I feel like a small text post like that gets missed when you guys are skimming through drooling over the pics. Just saying... my blog post pics can be pretty drool-worthy too. Haha.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length