RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:22:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 9 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 9  (Read 24387 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 03:25:10 PM »

ya that's what i meant, have something that takes less time to record and edit so that episodes could be released faster Wink . you could even do multi-part episodes for any topics you want to go longer.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 04:28:41 PM »

I'd say editing this episode took probably 6 hours all together. I try to do it in chunks. Thanks for the feedback guys, and I'm sure we'll continue to tweak things as we go.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »

Crabby sounds like ROB for much of this 'sode.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »

Almost done with the show now. I always love the anecdotes about the relationship between Atari/Tengen and Nintendo during the NES days. That's one of the most fascinating stories in video game history, I think.

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »

Almost done with the show now. I always love the anecdotes about the relationship between Atari/Tengen and Nintendo during the NES days. That's one of the most fascinating stories in video game history, I think.

There's a great Retronauts podcast with a nice roundtable of former Tengen developers. Definitely worth checking out if you're interested.
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 05:12:45 PM »

There's a great Retronauts podcast with a nice roundtable of former Tengen developers. Definitely worth checking out if you're interested.

This sounds amazing. I will look into this shortly.

Anyone have a link to the 'number-of-times-it-was-mentioned-in-Nintendo-Power' website? That sounds amazing as well.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 05:13:45 PM »

I realized today that one thing I find incredibly interesting about these podcasts is how people pronounce different things. I never would have said Tengen with a hard G like Duke does. And then there's the names of different forum members... Sometimes you guys mention someone and I have no idea who you're talking about because I never even try to pronounce their name, its not until you talk about them for a while I figure it out.

Regarding the length, I vote for shorter episodes more frequently, but if that's not doable, I have zero problem with 4+ hour long episodes. While I'm working, I can either listen all day long or not at all, so one long episode is actually more convenient than several short episodes. But I know if I wasn't able to listen at work, it would take me several broken up listening sessions to get it all.

Also, I don't know how you guys spend 2 hours talking about the small scores thread actually a good listen, but you do it. If I had never heard an episode before, and was told there was 2 hours devoted to talking about things people bought, I'd think it'd be the most boring 2 hours of my life, but actually listening to it is always entertaining.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 05:22:22 PM »

Just listened to some of the latest podcast, thanks for including me on the scores section!  On the Micro Machines deal, I already had the gold Camerica cart and someone on Digital Press had a few games for trade and one of them was a CIB Aladdin Micro Machines, so I got it while I had the opportunity.  I don't mind the 3-4 hour podcasts, but sometimes I have to listen to it in parts.  I would really like it if you guys could do 2 a month, each an hour or two long.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 07:02:10 PM »

I kind of chuckled when you guys were talking about being born in December.  My wife and I had our first kid last year on December 20th and one of the first questions everyone asked us after she was born is what we were going to do about her birthday since it is so close to Christmas.  It honestly never entered my mind as a thing to worry about until people started asking me.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »

Gotta love Birthmas. Do her a favor and just start celebrations for her in the summer.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 09:31:04 PM »

Gotta love Birthmas. Do her a favor and just start celebrations for her in the summer.
That's what my dad says they should have done for me. My birthday is on January 3rd.
My niece's is December 31st and my nephew's is December 30th.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 09:45:22 PM »

I apologize for that. Not really sure what happened, but I hope to avoid it for the next recording.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 09:53:03 PM »

Ha Ha. 

Love the work you guys are doing on this.  Keep up the good work.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 11:32:08 PM »

You guys were 100% correct about Parappa the Rapper.

http://www.reddit.com/r/p...inter_it_was_like/c7bpbb9

Also, I remember that level being on the Underground Jampack CD that came with my Playstation, that could be another reason that EVERYBODY knows that song.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 11:38:25 PM »

I'm famous!

I always knew the small scores was my ticket!

So yes, my wife did pick up a couple of import games for me on a business trip. Duke guessed she went to Asia, I guessed she went to Denver. I suppose we'll never know.....

If we were to assume the Denver area though, I'm fairly easy going, we can say Denver is in Asia. Maybe we can call it "Shangri-Denver".

The game store was actually in Loveland, (Osaklovelanda?) it is called "Games Ahoy!"

Your podcast length is fine by me, I promise I have more time to listen to podcasts than you have words to say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length