RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:45:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 9 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 9  (Read 24413 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 11:56:00 PM »

Your story is a lot less exciting than the one I dreamt up.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »

Okay, um, how about this? I promise, the next time anyone I know goes to the exotic location of "Colorado", I will give them an extensive list of Famicom games for them to get. We can share in the spoils. All Night Nippons all around!
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »

The podcast isn't long enough if you ask me.  I've build up a tolerance and i need more to get my fix.  I'm a true junkie

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 09:17:51 AM »

Almost done with the show now. I always love the anecdotes about the relationship between Atari/Tengen and Nintendo during the NES days. That's one of the most fascinating stories in video game history, I think.

There's a great Retronauts podcast with a nice roundtable of former Tengen developers. Definitely worth checking out if you're interested.

This sounds amazing. I will look into this shortly.

Anyone have a link to the 'number-of-times-it-was-mentioned-in-Nintendo-Power' website? That sounds amazing as well.

http://vgstats.blogspot.c...wer-coverage-project.html

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »

You guys were 100% correct about Parappa the Rapper.

http://www.reddit.com/r/p...inter_it_was_like/c7bpbb9

Also, I remember that level being on the Underground Jampack CD that came with my Playstation, that could be another reason that EVERYBODY knows that song.

That is a REALLY good point.  Now that I think about it, that Jampack disc is where I played the game for the first time.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »

I think more frequent (and shorter if needed) eps would be cool.
It would give you guys a chance to touch on a little bit more during busy weeks and not have to cut things short that you might want to keep expanding on during the long eps.

Loved Bils entrance to the show this time around.
Sounded like he was really rushed and coming away from his epic rescue.

Only 25 mins in so far but per usual things are great

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 04:59:12 PM »

EDIT
Double post... I thought my last one hadn't gone through wasn't paying attention..,.

Also YAAAAAYYYY i got a mention.
I actually hate downloadable content which sadly makes up the bulk of me collection now. It just takes up much less space around the apartment Wink

And since my gamerscore competition has ended my achievement hunting has slowed down a ton and hopefully my collection can rebound.

As for the Mortal Kombat II mention. It is generally regarded as the best in the series. My personal favorite was always UMK3 though and MKII was probably my least favorite. I believe it was also the most difficult.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:16:25 PM by Izret101 » Logged

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »

I'm about an hour and a half in right now.

I don't care about the long length for a show that comes out monthly, for what it's worth.

Also, my second mention in two months! Yay! I'm about to go back to the thrift store where I got the $5 lot. Fingers crossed.

Once again thanks for the kind words and concern regarding the storm. We're pretty much back to normal as are most people we know.

Keep up the great work guys!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »

Wow Izret, 19,000 posts. That's nuts.

Thanks again for more feedback. I think if we wanted to do shows more frequently they'd have to be shorter, or we'd have to do a fundraiser for more server space. These monsters are pretty big files.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 06:46:24 PM »

Listened to this episode on my way to the thrift store for good luck. See the small scores thread for the results.

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »

As for the Mortal Kombat II mention. It is generally regarded as the best in the series. My personal favorite was always UMK3 though and MKII was probably my least favorite. I believe it was also the most difficult.

I like UMK3 fine, but every time I go back to it it seems like I have to re learn all those dial-a-combos. It's very fun once you take the time to really get back into it, but I always found MK2 to have a lot more pick-up-and-playability. Plus I always found it kinda odd how incredibly cheap looking all the finishers in MK3 are, despite pretty much everything else having a high degree of polish.

I'm considering picking up an MK1 board sometime to throw in this cabinet. I'd do 3 as well, but I'd have to add that run button and I don't want to drill any holes into this thing.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 11:53:45 PM »

I BOUGHT A POWER GLOVE BECAUSE IT LOOKED COOL!
It was missing parts so i wore it around for a day like a cyborg and then returned it.
EDIT
http://regularshow.wikia....om/wiki/The_Maximum_Glove

Fast forwarded the video for you to the part most appropriate. Generally the show features them playing on a SMS. I think one of my favotire scenes was them playing a 2 buttoned Guitar Hero.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:58:00 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 12:17:42 AM »

Speedy_NES is the man in the know for NES peripherals.
He shows up every once in awhile. Not sure if he got out of collecting or not but he was a great guy too.

While typing this:
LASERSCOPE LOOKED AWESOME I learned about it when i picked up this game from a local shop:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-027-S-03600-A
My copy happened to have the coupon in it still so that got scanned to Smiley

I wanted to get one to wear around with the power glove to complete the cyborg look. I was young....

EDIT
So i stop posting so many times in a row.
This was one of my favorite NES games
Abadox
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-027-S-00090-A

EDIT
Last one. Finished listening. Bedtime now.

Since they mentioned us crossing the 70k threshold i happened across this screen cap (i took a LONG time ago) recently and didn't even notice the stats until NES_Rules had pointed them out...
September 24, 2004:
We had just over 12k games in the database. At the time hardware was not tracked. Members would submit missing titles into a thread and a staff member would then have to add them.
Just under 3,000 scans These were also uploaded to a thread, emailed, IMed etc to staffers who put them into the DB
Just under 4,100 screen shots - same procedures as the scans.

EDIT
I lied. For those who notice the error message on the side there. I can't remember what that was about but the issue was very limited and most other people could not replicate the error i was seeing. Much like most of my life today it was a unique problem that i was special enough to encounter. +1 for consistency.

* September 21, 2004, 06 16 27 PM.JPG (147.45 KB, 944x669 - viewed 434 times.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:38:48 AM by Izret101 » Logged

Orzunoid
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 10:30:38 AM »

Interesting commentary on the different Zapper models.  For the longest time I thought there was only the grey version (which I owned)

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »

Wow Izret, 19,000 posts. That's nuts.

Someone should give him an achievement when he hits 20,000

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length