RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:30:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | Official Collectorcast topic suggestion thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Official Collectorcast topic suggestion thread  (Read 128659 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:48:04 PM »

So, maybe you have a particular topic you'd love to hear discussed on the Collectorcast. Well, here's your chance.

We can't guarantee we'll get to all of them, and even if we do get to your suggestion it may be a little down the road.

Let 'r rip!

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »

Obligatory Sega Tower of Power suggestion.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 11:35:32 PM »

Little known hidden Gems for some of the systems.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 11:47:41 PM »

Maybe try and work in interviews periodically?(I know this would be heavily dependent on your already stretched bandwidth/budget)
People of RFGeneration has been woefully neglected.
And since you guys cross forums it would be a chance to learn about some other people maybe too Smiley

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 12:13:19 AM »

Maybe try and work in interviews periodically?(I know this would be heavily dependent on your already stretched bandwidth/budget)
People of RFGeneration has been woefully neglected.
And since you guys cross forums it would be a chance to learn about some other people maybe too Smiley

I really miss the "People of RFGeneration".  I really enjoyed learning more about our fellow members here.
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 12:56:00 AM »

Imports seem like it'd be a good discssion. Talking about which consoles have a good selection of import exclusives, stuff like how the japanese Saturn and PC Engine libraries are miles ahead of the US ones, etc. European exclusives...
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 01:42:11 AM »

i like how you did an episode focused mainly around the nes. it would be cool to have something like that done for other systems too. or another option would be to have it be a new segment at the end of each episode, between the main topic and the conclusion (say maybe a 10-15 minute segment). be like "this episode's console highlight is insert console here!" and focus on a few key things that made that system great (or terrible).
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 08:55:05 AM »

I really miss the "People of RFGeneration".  I really enjoyed learning more about our fellow members here.

I think reviving the "People of RF Generation" is a cool idea. It's a great way to get to know other collector's a bit better.

i like how you did an episode focused mainly around the nes. it would be cool to have something like that done for other systems too. or another option would be to have it be a new segment at the end of each episode, between the main topic and the conclusion (say maybe a 10-15 minute segment). be like "this episode's console highlight is insert console here!" and focus on a few key things that made that system great (or terrible).

That's a great idea! How about highlighting a certain console or game's anniversary? You can discuss some brief history, personal thoughts, how it influenced similar games/consoles, and what was memorable (or forgettable) about the highlighted console or game.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 10:49:32 AM »

Great ideas so far guys!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 11:14:04 AM »

I wouldn't mind doing an interview, plus you guys can always bring up some of the staff discussions / features coming up through the pipes at times.
Unfortunately, I don't listen to the podcast, though that's mainly Zune/Xbox Music's fault, but perhaps you could do history segments for the consoles and maybe rope in Terry and his site?

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »

I really enjoyed doing interviews/guests on our podcast when we were doing it. Also, one thing I really wanted to get in to on ours was more history type of topics. It always just seemed like other things seemed to take over an episode and we never got to it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 05:14:32 PM »

i like the history ideas, as that's a big part of collecting, playing through the history of old games. it might be neat to hear more about the game companies themselves if that's something you could find enough info on to talk about. maybe mention what made them big, or where they went wrong. major events in their history, how they shaped the industry, things like that.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »

i like how you did an episode focused mainly around the nes.

There was an episode where NES was not the primary focus :-P

I love the cast if you guys changed nothing i would still listen to every one Smiley

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »

i like how you did an episode focused mainly around the nes.

There was an episode where NES was not the primary focus :-P

I love the cast if you guys changed nothing i would still listen to every one Smiley

Are you calling us bias?!?! Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »

it is a little NES biased sometimes Wink but it's still great
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: