RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:51:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | Official Collectorcast topic suggestion thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Official Collectorcast topic suggestion thread  (Read 128645 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »

I like it because it has been SOOOOO long since NES was more than a footnote in my collection so much has changed.

I was never one for the licensed vs unlicensed collecting either. I had a bunch of AVE games. In fact one my rarest titles were AVE if memory serves. Some volleyball game i think.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »

Small scores for episode 11 (since episode 10 is being recorded soon), should include Secret Santa stuff.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:14 PM »

Small scores for episode 11 (since episode 10 is being recorded soon), should include Secret Santa stuff.

We'll want to make a Secret Santa 2012 and Christmas 2012 sticky thread here soon...

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 12:25:51 AM »

Step outside the collecting box a little bit.  Maybe have an arcade episode?

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 12:26:45 AM »

This

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 01:05:15 AM »

Step outside the collecting box a little bit.  Maybe have an arcade episode?

lol, make the Collectorcast less collector-y? Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 02:04:24 AM »

Well, a big part of why people collect is nostalgia right?  Same goes for arcade games.  Obviously not everyone can buy hundreds of arcade cabs, but I'm sure it would be fun to hear about all those arcade games we all played growing up

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 02:45:48 AM »

Well, a big part of why people collect is nostalgia right?  Same goes for arcade games.  Obviously not everyone can buy hundreds of arcade cabs, but I'm sure it would be fun to hear about all those arcade games we all played growing up

I wouldn't be against doing an Arcade segment in the future. It probably won't be something we get to right away though as I'm pretty sure all 3 of us would have to get some research done before we felt comfortable tackling the subject. It would still probably be very collector focused though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 03:32:49 AM »

there are a lot of arcade collectors, it could be about both the collecting and the nostalgia. though i agree it would probably be a much more difficult episode to actually make
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 09:00:29 AM »

I had this idea a little while ago. Maybe it's something that could be done separately of the Collectorcast. I think it'd be fun to watch and listen to playthroughs (even partial ones) of classic games featuring RFGen members. Something like Crabby's youtube video of "Legacy of the Wizard."

A game can be chosen beforehand and the video would feature a static host while the guests would rotate to keep things fresh. Having the commentary and gameplay live at the same time might be difficult to coordinate since this is an international community, so the game footage can be recorded first then the discussion can be edited in.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 09:13:06 AM »

I had this idea a little while ago. Maybe it's something that could be done separately of the Collectorcast. I think it'd be fun to watch and listen to playthroughs (even partial ones) of classic games featuring RFGen members. Something like Crabby's youtube video of "Legacy of the Wizard."

A game can be chosen beforehand and the video would feature a static host while the guests would rotate to keep things fresh. Having the commentary and gameplay live at the same time might be difficult to coordinate since this is an international community, so the game footage can be recorded first then the discussion can be edited in.

That sounds like a lot of fun. It should also be very possible, not necessarily with consoles, but it could be done with emulators, netplay, and Skype.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »

Duke and I were actually discussing doing another similar video just late night. I really like your idea and like Bickman said, its fairly easy to do. Any of us could do it too, doesnt just have to be us podcasters.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 03:26:59 PM »

I thought the Big E was a bad word. Is this an exception?

Does the group approve? I'd like to do something to be more involved in this community.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »

It's a bad word when it comes down to distributing ROMs. Emulators on their own are legal. Look how many homebrew games there are out there released in ROM format only. It's one of those things to me where as long as we don't discuss where to get the ROMs or link to them or anything, it should be a valid discussion.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 05:30:38 PM »

I thought the Big E was a bad word. Is this an exception?

http://www.thebige.com/ese/index.asp

It is around here.
Traffic always sucks when the Big E is going on...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length