RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:21:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | UGlu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UGlu  (Read 870 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:13:33 PM »

i bought this stuff a while back for a better way to hang up posters, because every other method i had used was either messy or they would fall down eventually. i've found recently that this stuff is also extremely good at repairing cardboard boxes for games.

it has strips of it in various sizes, including a lot of 1x1cm squares that are perfect for repairing boxes. i highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a way to improve their boxed games without replacing the boxes. there are probably alternate brands too but this is what i use and it works really good.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »

There used to be some sort of adhesive putty that had the same claims but it left oily residue behind.

It also didn't stick nearly as well as advertized i had a few posters that ended up falling and tearing :-/

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:48:57 PM »

There used to be some sort of adhesive putty that had the same claims but it left oily residue behind.

It also didn't stick nearly as well as advertized i had a few posters that ended up falling and tearing :-/

i put up some posters with this stuff at least 6 months ago or more and they haven't shown any sign of falling. all i used were 1 small square in each corner. they do take a lot of effort to remove, but i think they say on the package it won't damage anything and they're reusable. i've taken a couple posters down that were put up with it and they came off with no damage...you just have to take it slow, they would rip for sure if you pulled them off too quickly.

also this stuff isn't like a putty, it feels more like glue...but it does remove. i used to use poster putty, maybe that's what you had, and that stuff would always leave an oily residue. that's why i started looking for something different.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:50:35 PM by techwizard » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length