RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:38:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Where do you buy your games? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Where do you buy your games?  (Read 4976 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »

Thanks! Yeah I have been to Pink Gorilla, its pretty cool, if I am looking for rarities this is a place I go.  Half Price is pretty cool, and I like the idea I can sell my books for video games.

Just let me know what you are looking for, I live in South of Seattle, so I might get to places you don't get to go to. 

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »

I am looking for anything, really. I have a pretty big collection so far. I am particularly looking more pong consoles. Don't have very many. What are you looking for?

I am the King of San Andreas
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »

I miss Half Price Books. :-/

I do almost all of my buying online or at BestBuy now though since i am primarily shopping for current gen games

I've had limited success with craigslist, local shops, tag sales, etc

I have had GREAT luck in the past at local shops, tag sales, etc though.

Since as i said i am primarily buying newer games and/or extremely specific Mortal Kombat releases i am pretty limited in my options until i branch out again.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 10:57:36 PM »

Forgot about Newegg. They often have amazing deals. How I got Castlevania Lords of Shadow for 10$
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 12:06:07 AM »

I am looking for anything, really. I have a pretty big collection so far. I am particularly looking more pong consoles. Don't have very many. What are you looking for?

I don't have a big collection really, but these are the items I am most on the look out for. I do not have alot of funds, so I am limited to what I can buy.

I am looking for Castlevania games. 
I am also looking for cheap NES and SNES Konami games. I am also interested in any CIB Sega Genesis Games.

let me know if you come across anything interesting, I will consider buying most things as long as I consider it a good deal.

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 12:25:28 AM »

I'll let you know if I find anything!!  Smiley

I am the King of San Andreas
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 06:24:23 AM »

Half Price Books, local chain named Gamers, local stores called Comic City and Game On.  Occasionally I order from Lukie Games when their sales are good,  I've bought from a few members of RF Generation and Famicom World.  I have yet to venture into Ebay-land,  I'm still a bit leary.  Also the usual thrift places, Salvation Army, Goodwill, couple small local ones.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 06:39:07 AM »

Yard Sales, thrift stores, flea markets, pawn shops.

Craigslist you have to be really on top of.  B/c as soon as something good is posted someone will jump on it.  And you have to filter through all the Xbox 360 crap "EVERYONE" is trying to sell.  It seems like 80% of craigslist posting in st. louis are XBox 360.  LOL
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 08:24:49 AM »

I live in southeast Georgia in a small town, sometimes the local pawn shop gets something in.  There are plenty of yardsales, but I hardly ever find time to go to them.  There is also a flea market about an hour away.  They always have retro games.  Most of my recent games though, have been coming from fellow RF Genners and NA members.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 12:09:59 AM »

Yard Sales, thrift stores, flea markets, pawn shops.

Craigslist you have to be really on top of.  B/c as soon as something good is posted someone will jump on it.  And you have to filter through all the Xbox 360 crap "EVERYONE" is trying to sell.  It seems like 80% of craigslist posting in st. louis are XBox 360.  LOL

And if they don't get to it first, they start trying to screw over the person that did.  It seems like every time I find something on Craigslist, when I meet up with the guy selling he always tells me "Yeah, after we talked I got a bunch of emails from people saying that I'm charging to little and I should charge you more than what I was asking".  Luckily all of the people that I run into don't fall for that.  Bunch of dicks around here.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 01:28:43 AM »

Around here very rarely do I find the outstanding deals anymore.  When I started collecting again a couple of years ago CL was the poop.  I found a 3DO FZ1 with games for $35, a boxed Virtual Boy with games for $50, and many others.  But it's fizzled out for some time to where all I see is current gens, $100 NES consoles, and $10 PS2 sports games.  I even tried to post some wanted ads for older PCs, electronics, and game systems.  No responses, except a guy that thought his Atari 2600 Pac-Man cart must be worth something. 

I make a weekly trip to Play 'n' Trade, as everyone knows, and get some great deals with what walks through their doors, but retro is not usually their thing anymore.  I even found out recently that one of their employees has been tossing boxes and manuals for some time because he thought they were a hindrance to his stocking shelves and didn't understand collectability.  Asshole!                 Sorry.

Thrift stores are fun to visit because I look for oddities like classic PDAs, stand-alone handhelds, and an assortment of items others around me like to collect.  But the game pickings are usually slim there also.  So what do I do to collect?  I do the evil.

I go online to find games I want to collect and play.  Yeah I'm terrible, but when I want to snag Gizmondo, N-Gage, Famicom, Wonderswan, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Atari Lynx, Zodiac, or other fun rarities; do I really feel guilty about eBay and other sites?  Not even a little.  At some point, you have to separate your collector side with your player side. 

Relax, I can fix it.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 08:52:58 AM »

Depends on the price, availability and also what version they have. I try to get proper Australian versions when possible. Sadly stores importing cheaper euro copies make it harder than it should be.

I start with local stores, JB Hi-Fi, K-Mart, Harvey Norman, Target, Big W, etc. When that isn't an option over to eBay I go.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »

I miss Half Price Books. :-/

I do almost all of my buying online or at BestBuy now though since i am primarily shopping for current gen games

I've had limited success with craigslist, local shops, tag sales, etc

I have had GREAT luck in the past at local shops, tag sales, etc though.

Since as i said i am primarily buying newer games and/or extremely specific Mortal Kombat releases i am pretty limited in my options until i branch out again.

This.  Well, except for the Mortal Kombat part.  Smiley
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »

i go for local if i can, but i don't drive so it's difficult for me to get around to some stores by bus. there's only one really good retro game store around here, and a couple mostly overpriced pawn shops, and then of course eb games. mostly i have to go the ebay route like techie, especially for n64 CIB...those are really uncommon around here and when i do find anything it's always just the commons that i already have.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length