RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:50:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Duck Hunt Variations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Duck Hunt Variations  (Read 863 times)
zhan85
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: February 08, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »

Hello all!  I am new to the site and have begun inputting my collection.  I am trying to figure out which variation of Duck Hunt for NES that I have.  It is a 5 screw but I am unable to tell which version of it.  On the sites database there is an option for "5 Screw" or "5 screw, System Trademark".  Can anyone assist me in what the differences might be between those two types?  Thanks!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:32:21 AM »

Unfortunately, some of our variation titles aren't descriptive enough on their own, but there's no Trivia to describe the variation in detail - for that, I apologize and I try to clean those up when I find them.

In this case, many of the original black box Nintendo NES titles were originally released without a Trademark on the term "Nintendo Entertainment System". Nintendo did not own it as a trademark when the system was first released. After Nintendo obtained the Trademark for the term, subsequent printings had the Trademark (™) symbol "Nintendo Entertainment System™".

If you own the System Trademark variant, it will have a ™ symbol next to the word "System" on the cartridge, as seen in this picture:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...027-S-02052-A&type=gs

zhan85
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:52:04 PM »

Thanks!  I looked and noticed that there was no TM by the system part.  Question Answered!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length