RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:50:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 12 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 12  (Read 32602 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »

Best $20 I ever spent.  I was hoping I got Tengen Tetris in there on time, but oh well.  Good times.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »

Wowzers! I'm gonna have to take this in chunks.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 08:57:39 PM »

ALL RIGHT, LET'S FREAKIN' DO THIS!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 09:40:08 PM »

hmm i have a friend coming to spend the whole weekend here but really want to listen to this. maybe i'll see if he wants to give it a listen too (or force him to if he doesn't want to Cheesy).  also i don't remember the rules about what you have to do to get your scores talked about, was it to donate to the collectorcast itself or to RFG or either? i was one of those late donors and might be getting some scores tomorrow (hopefully) so it'd be cool to get them mentioned in ep 13 Smiley .
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »

Hey now!

My fave bits from the latest collectorcast, hour one:

12:55- Bil proclaims, “I’m like the Ernie Hudson of this show.” Now he should really drive the point home by making Winston Zeddmore his RFGen avatar for a while. It can even be the cartoon one if he likes.

13:28- “Bil the Keymaster”… I like it!

16:01- “When are you gonna get to the GOOD stuff (RetroRage) is doing?” BURN!

18:20- Uh-ohhh… “smack talk”??? Why do I have the feeling no good is gonna come from this?  paranoid

18:21-19:24- Yeah, well, see if I contribute to an RFGen donation drive ever again, guys…  Angry

21:18- “Watch the fog subside slightly.” No kidding, right?

21:55-22:02- Cool story, Bil.  Roll Eyes

24:38- “I AM a Poke-dude,” proclaims the Crabmaster. Yeah, well I AM highly disappointed by this appalling revelation.

24:53- “I don’t judge people who enjoy their Pokemon.” Well, you really ought to, Bil. It’s tons of fun, and it’ll make you feel better about yourself. I know it does for me, especially when I fire up my SKylanders setup…

26:48- “How can you not like that thing (Pikachu N64)?” Oh, where to begin…

30:48-31:02- I’m glad to see there’s at least one person out there with some integrity. Don’t let everybody else calling you a pussy get’cha down…

33:24- “I wanna buy the egg-crapper guy!” I blew bits of half-chewed M&Ms in laughter all over my laptop when I heard this one. Now I’ll think of that quote every time I play a Yoshi game. BTW you owe me a bottle of Windex and a cleaning cloth, Bil.

38:19- Don’t bother askin’ me, I honestly haven’t a freakin’ clue.

39:50- Wempster’s user name is based on something pretty mundane… but you’ll hafta ask him to explain it.

40:10 “Does it bother anybody else that we have a whole genre dedicated to snowboarding?”  I’m not bothered by it—I merely ignore it. Just like I do all of the genres I am indifferent to.

40:39- “A butt-load of crap” is the pet name Crabby gives to his collection.

40:49- Yesss, let the hate flow through you!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 10:55:43 PM »

hmm i have a friend coming to spend the whole weekend here but really want to listen to this. maybe i'll see if he wants to give it a listen too (or force him to if he doesn't want to Cheesy).  also i don't remember the rules about what you have to do to get your scores talked about, was it to donate to the collectorcast itself or to RFG or either? i was one of those late donors and might be getting some scores tomorrow (hopefully) so it'd be cool to get them mentioned in ep 13 Smiley .

The donation scores read was just a part of the fundraising drive. To get in the next show you'll have to earn it by getting something really cool for us to talk about. Or give me money. Either works Wink

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:24 AM »

My fave bits, hour 2:

1:07:39- “Maybe we could do some Men at Work, also.” Well, as long as you’re taking requests:

1:10:21- “I would love to get (SingleBanana) on here to talk us up on some pinball.” You and me both, Crabz.

1:16:51- “Crabby, you’re weird.” Well, if you guys ever decide to market Collectorcast ringtones, that statement should be one of the options.

1:19:44- “Your brother’s an idiot.” And another CollectorCast ringtone is born.

1:22:05- “I hate him so much that I’m gonna build him again so I can kill him again!” Damn, Crabby, you just sold me on CastleVania 2 like you used to do with your Unloved blog selections!  Good goin’, kid!

1:27:10- “Let’s go to Mach 17… in my Ford Taurus!” Thanks for coming up with my latest tag line, guys…

1:35:07- Ah yes, the TransFormers Famicom game, which a certain host of a certain gaming show tried his hand at:

1:35:33- Actually, it’s Ultra Magnus on the cover. So what are you saying, that all TransFormers look the same? Racist…

1:37:41- Will do.

1:41:56- With the… underpants?! What, your Pokemon fandom wasn't pervy enough?!

1:42:00- Oh gee whiz, I can’t imagine why.  Roll Eyes

All right, it's off to bed with me.

Nighters...
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »

The FF7 group of games/movies was referred to as "Compilation Final Fantasy VII"
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 08:19:25 AM »

shucks, you guys missed some fun stuff in my last blog that I picked up at the same time as the boxed SNES Star Wars! ah well, can't win em all Smiley  Great episode as always!
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »

A Sack of Oats and Potatoes get to listen to episode zero.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »

A Sack of Oats and Potatoes get to listen to episode zero.

I don't discriminate against any food products.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 12:02:27 PM »

Wait, OatBob and Bildtstar get to listen to episode zero?
...wait, they were donors. Carry on.

understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »

Ha, did you guys really want to read off all those NES games, because it was definitely closer to 160 than 60. Now I feel obligated to donate (I was going to do it anyway at some point) even though the only reason I got the honorable mention is because GamerNick's scores must be in next months show; Talk about foreshadowing! So, after I'm done here I'll go pledge the $20... since you've guilt-tripped me into it. Wink <-*TEST*

It was cool that you guys mentioned the Sharp NES TV, that thing needs more love. I definitely love mine, I got real lucky too it's got all the feet and doors so it looks amazing also for shame for even joking about breaking feet off. nono By-far it's one of the best ways to play NES games IMO although I try to stay off of it as much as possible because the pins are a pain to reach to fix or replace but from time to time I partake in the greatness.

That should be a future topic collecting oddities that most haven't heard of or seen in person.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:32:56 PM by understatement » Logged

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 09:25:19 PM »

Good to hear from Nupoile.  I learned more about the Odyssey 2 than i ever knew before.

It is funny though, every CIB Odyssey game i run across is in amazing condition too.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »

Interestingly, most of my O^2 boxes are in bad shape...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length