RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 07:42:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Minor Collection Tool Updates 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Minor Collection Tool Updates  (Read 2301 times)
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« on: February 07, 2005, 10:08:18 AM »

I've added some small new features to the online collection tracker.

Now, when you add games, you have the option to exclude games which you already have from the search results.  This will ensure that you don't add duplicates to your collection and will make it easier to find the new game you want to add.

Also, you now have the option to make your game comments public or private.  Before, you could enter in comments on each of your games, but you would be the only one who could see them.  Now you can view anyone's game comments by switching to the detailed view of their collection using the link at top.   Again, if you want to hide your comments, just go to the manage folders page and you can change your preferences there.  Enjoy and let me know if any bugs arise Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 10:26:13 AM »

Sweet ! Thanks for all the hard work  Smiley

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 11:06:26 AM »

Yes great work.

Make things that much easier for all of us adding games that have 100 other games with similair titles.

Always love an addition |D

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 11:11:33 AM »

Thanks for the comment being public. I put prices on all of my for sale games thinking that everyone could could see those comments. Then after I was done found out only I could see them.

I just tried adding a game and man does the new feature help with my Genesis collection!!!

You are da man Eddie!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 12:17:28 PM by tynstar » Logged

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 11:21:43 AM »

beautiful!

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 12:04:14 PM »

Thanks for the comment being public. I but prices on all of my for sale games thinking that could already be done. Then after I was done found out only I could see them.

I just tried adding a game and man does the new feature help with my Genesis collection!!!

You are da man Eddie!

I probably should have said that first it would have been in English not Engrish.
Tongue

I did the same though have always added info about all of my stuff when i put it into my collection or wishlist or for sale /trade list. (which needs to be eliminated)

Originally i had the prices i payed for all of the games as well as if i needed anytrhing for them or if it was complete or sealed.
To make it more orderly i got rid of what i payed for each game.
I have most of my reciepts anyways.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 02:07:31 PM »

Some more minor stuff...

Now if you go to a gamepage and click on the "who wants this" or "who is selling this" links, the results will show the game comments for that specific game (if that person has their comments public of course).  Here's an example of how the comments would show up:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...n&foldername=Wishlist

Also in the "manage folders" section, if you make a folder private your game comments will also show up as private.  You can only change your game comments status if the folder itself is public.  If someone can't view your folder, they can't very well look at the comments on the games in that folder either.  

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 02:45:26 PM »

Now, when you add games, you have the option to exclude games which you already have from the search results.  This will ensure that you don't add duplicates to your collection and will make it easier to find the new game you want to add.

Could you make it so if a game is already on your Wantlist aswell as in your Collection it does not show up?
Help narrow it down that much further to what your really looking for.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 06:07:04 PM »

Done. Smiley

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 03:28:35 AM »

Thank you so much.
It was really a pain going thru the DC list and not being able to remember what was already in my want list.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 03:31:21 PM »

Links to people's collection profiles have also been added to various parts of the message board, like the profiles and member list, to make it easier to find people's collections.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length