RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:46:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Best and Worst of eBay 2013 and BEYOND!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Best and Worst of eBay 2013 and BEYOND!!  (Read 33720 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2014, 02:22:19 PM »

It's a printed label applied to the cartridge, made with one of those sticker labels.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2014, 03:17:21 PM »

i've never seen a confirmed fake before, i don't really pay attention to the fake pokemon trend that seems to come up a lot now-a-days because i'm not big on pokemon. really good to see a fake and then compare it with the real thing in the rfgen database, now i have a better idea what to look for. besides the E being too small i also noticed the registered trademark "R" after Pokemon was offset, and the font size of the words "official seal" in the nintendo seal is too big. and ya just a general blurriness to everything.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »

Its pretty easy to fake GBA carts especially. Pokemon takes the brunt of the blow because its such a popular series and the second hand market has been scorching hot since the games released. Now there are so many out there and their design is almost constantly changing. A couple years ago you could just check the board inside the cart and if it said "Nintendo" with the registered sign after it you were good. Then pirates started printing the Nintendo logo on their boards. Now the best way to check is to look at the label, they always make some mistake. The ESRB rating is the first thing you should look at as the kerning of the letter rating is almost always wrong.

There could be legit carts out there that have reprinted labels on them, but I wouldn't buy them. All of this is why I've only bought Pokemon games locally recently so I can inspect them with my eyes and at many different angles before purchase.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »

I've pointed out numerous fake GBA carts to local sellers and they don't care - they still sell for the same amount, and the customers don't seem to care either as long as the game functions.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2014, 03:35:54 PM »

They usually don't function for long. Local seller here gives the fakes away and follows the law about them. Legally they can't be sold since they're pirated products. Another reason why I've been buying locally. When I inspect them I know they've already been inspected by somebody who knows what to look for as well.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2014, 03:36:55 PM »

I've pointed out numerous fake GBA carts to local sellers and they don't care - they still sell for the same amount, and the customers don't seem to care either as long as the game functions.

i think sellers in my area are better about that, i know i've heard some mention to other customers that they can't take a game as trade-in because it's fake
ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2014, 11:54:36 PM »

- only $1,399.99  ninja

•• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2014, 01:41:10 AM »

that's beyond sketchy, but the weird thing is the seller has really good feedback.
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2014, 05:10:31 AM »

You will also notice in that lot that he's pictured when showing the insides he's not showing the parts of the board that have the identification like nes-d2-USA or whatever. That sale if someone is dumb enough to buy it will be his downfall and most likely ban from eBay.  But that's just my thoughts and speculation.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »

This one made me laugh:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1...s&hash=item35c0685d23

From the auction:

I have been selling rare & hard-to-find CLASSIC video games with over 25 years of experience!  I am NOT just a guy who sells random video games, I am a MASTER video game player & collector. Because of my 30+ years of Nintendo playing experience, I know things that other sellers DO NOT know & you are getting the benefit of my "insider's" experience!

You too can harness his Mastery of over 30 years of playing Nintendo....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:52:09 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »

Ha! What he doesn't know probably can fill a book.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »

http://volition.tumblr.co...-actual-genki-mobile-that
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161506277416

That...is awesome.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2014, 11:35:06 AM »

That made me smile. Thanks for posting.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »

Want an HDMI Genesis 16-bit?  Of course you do!  Current bid is $30 plus $15 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S...s&hash=item20f18481af

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »

Sealed, VGA graded, Silent Service. BIN $69.99 + $15.50 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S...tory-Sealed-/151538491482
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length