RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:02:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 14 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 14  (Read 21824 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 10:20:47 PM »

I bet Crabby goes somewhere warm and tropical on vacation, somewhere way south, like Victoria BC.

i live within 30KM of Victoria, palm trees and sun all year round.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 10:54:24 PM »

i live within 30KM of Victoria

Which, for the sake of my fellow yanks 'n' rebs, is little under 19 miles...

...I think.

Call me unpatriotic, but I think the whole weights-and-measures deal is one instance where "American exceptionalism" isn't such a hot idea.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 11:03:34 PM »

i live within 30KM of Victoria

Which, for the sake of my fellow yanks 'n' rebs, is little under 19 miles...

...I think.

Call me unpatriotic, but I think the whole weights-and-measures deal is one instance where "American exceptionalism" isn't such a hot idea.

[img width=667 height=700]http://www.themercers.ca/images/imperial_vs_metric_FTW.png[/img]
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 12:09:23 AM »

We've been told for decades that the USA would eventually adopt the metric system...yet here we are.

Canada: America's hat.

Or how the Canadians see it,

U.S.A: Canada's dirty underwear.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 01:41:04 AM »

The reason the USA hasn't adopted the metric system is because we have crappy engineers that would rather design things on the nonsensical customary units, then the hardware companies that make parts to fit (while also making metric tools and parts).

Basically, what will need to be done is that every company and person will simultaneously need to adopt metric only instead of the hybrid crap that most of us are tired of dealing with. I can't tell how many times I've been trying to fix a problem with my metric tools when I needed my standard tools and vice versa, its more trouble than its worth but nobody has the balls to get the ball rolling on full change.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 06:12:00 AM »

Hey Duke, Crabs, and Bil, if i send you guys a copy of silent service will you all sign it?

I'd be happy to. I'm sure Bil and I could sign when we go to Too Many Games, and then ship it off to Crabby. It will be difficult to bring myself to deface such an amazing collectable though.

Oh, and no more RetroRage, eh? Now Bil is going to have trouble telling you two apart.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 10:20:25 AM »

Hey Duke, Crabs, and Bil, if i send you guys a copy of silent service will you all sign it?

Oh, and no more RetroRage, eh? Now Bil is going to have trouble telling you two apart.

Retro Rage is The GLUUUUUUEEEEE that holds us together.

We should totally stock up on silver Sharpies for all of the Too Many Games autographs.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »

I'll probably have to keep it Wink

Heading home from my tropical vacation today. We spent our southern trip in to warm embrace of Edmonton and Calgary. It only snowed twice while we were here so I've got a pretty killer tan from the Speedo I've been sporting Cheesy

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »

yuck vomit

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 05:04:58 PM »

I'd be happy to. I'm sure Bil and I could sign when we go to Too Many Games, and then ship it off to Crabby. It will be difficult to bring myself to deface such an amazing collectable though.

Say,  didn't someone send you a nice minty shiny CIB copy of Silent Service last month?  Hmm...

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »

Finally got a chance to listen to the show today.
All those extra PM's I've been getting this week about Bil finally make sense.

And that "bleep" near the end scared the *bleep* out of me.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 05:33:15 PM »

Finally got around to listening. So happy to get mentioned again. My streak stays intact.

And Duke I didn't mind my video tour getting mentioned. It was pretty awesome actually. I even called my roommate, who recorded the videos, into the room to hear you guys talk about it.

I didn't even mind getting made fun of for spelling f swear ing VALKYRIA wrong!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 06:57:12 PM »

LOL, that spelling thing always gives me a good chuckle. I just like trying to read them out loud.

Also, when is the next episode of your show coming out? I enjoyed the last one a lot. For those that haven't listened yet, you should.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2013, 08:38:39 PM »

Wow thanks man, we actually took a break because we thought we weren't getting a lot of hits.

I hadn't looked at our stats in a while but we do have a few plays since we took a break. Maybe I could talk my partner into firing it up again!

I appreciate you checking it out, and thanks for the encouraging words!

Well everybody like Duke said I'd love it if you'd check out my podcast. I haven't been pushing it too hard here because everyone has a damn podcast nowadays and it gets annoying trying to get them all in. But if you want to hear two more guys talk about games of all eight generations, check out the link in my sig. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:43:52 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 09:01:04 PM »

Don't let low numbers discourage you. If you have a passion for doing it, people will respond.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length